Martin deal with Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Martin deal with Jets

"According to a league source, Martin will receive $24 million in new money on a deal that will pay him, in all, close to $30 million dollars.

Martin will earn between $17.5 million and $18 million over the first three years of the deal. Of that amount, roughly $10 million will be paid out in bonuses over the next six months, and another $2 million in guaranteed money will come later.

The new contract will take a big chunk out of Martin's cap number for 2002, which currently stands at $9.46 million. Martin's salary of $6.37 million will be reduced significantly, with his game checks replaced by the new bonus money.

The source tells us that Martin agreed to an arguably below-market deal for the same reasons that Marshall Faulk recently took a reasonable deal from the Rams. Martin wants the team to be able to keep/add other quality players, in order to pursue a championship."

This from
    www.profootballtalk.com

Damn, I kinda wish this was hanging over the jets collective heads. They might be able to pick up help before the season starts...
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

it's still a lot of money for a below-market deal.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
      • Jul 2002

the jets are dumb...lamont jordan is going to be a star he needs to be given a chance. the jets would be wise to spend their $$$ elsewhere unless they want people like chad pennington eventually starting.
      Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
      X