X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Weds press conference

Trent said his confidence was still intact in the 2nd half but he wasn't seeing the D he expected to see. WTH???

They haven't been seeing the D they've been practicing for. DUH??? it's gonna be that way especially against the PAts who do it every week.

"i have to get better ,blablahblah" ... you're starting to sound like Dick. It's been 3 years and we're still trying to get better.

Listen to the rest..... and judge for yourself. I've been a huge Trent fan when talking to the press but this is crap.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Weds press conference

Dick "We have to find a way ..." same crap different day.

THe reporters have to be more severe in asking questions.

"yo Dick, if we miss playoffs will you quit? " "do you think you still deserve that extension?" "how long is this "we need to get better aka rebuilding take?"

"Aren't you embarrased that you're getting owned by first time coaches that are in rebuilding process like the fins"

"do you think you have what it takes to coach in the AFCE? If so, where's your proof?"
    sacrifice1

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lo...d-11c7843b0712

Trent said his confidence was still intact in the 2nd half but he wasn't seeing the D he expected to see. WTH???

They haven't been seeing the D they've been practicing for. DUH??? it's gonna be that way especially against the PAts who do it every week.

"i have to get better ,blablahblah" ... you're starting to sound like Dick. It's been 3 years and we're still trying to get better.

Listen to the rest..... and judge for yourself. I've been a huge Trent fan when talking to the press but this is crap.
      I remember Kornheiser talking about how the Browns had been a blitz 50% of the time type of team. Though it seemed to me that they were blitzing less against us but instead they seemed more content to rush 3 and leave everyone else in coverage maybe that was the surprise.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman
        I remember Kornheiser talking about how the Browns had been a blitz 50% of the time type of team. Though it seemed to me that they were blitzing less against us but instead they seemed more content to rush 3 and leave everyone else in coverage maybe that was the surprise.
        do we have the right coaches to make the adjustments?

BTW, Dick is saying Trent is not regressing. He's been playing badly the last 4 games but he's 4 games smarter.He's not going backwards. WTH???
        sacrifice1

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

So in other words, what he's been seeing from each of the last 3 opponents..

See, I told you his brain is f'd up.. he can't even remember the gameplan from last week!

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

this is what all the teams have been doing during this losing streak. why wouldnt the Browns continue to do that if its working against the Bills.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
              So in other words, what he's been seeing from each of the last 3 opponents..

See, I told you his brain is f'd up.. he can't even remember the gameplan from last week!

Dick , Turk and Trent " OMG, they aren't running the defense we thought they would run against us. What are we gonna do now?"
              sacrifice1

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

after listening to these press conferences I'm much more confident in the abilities of DJ and TE. He's basically telling everyone that TE is smart enough to play this position he just hasn't learned enough yet. TE said the same thing. Before you come with your defend JP crap DJ is also saying, because he never talked about JP this way when he played like crap, that JP isn't smart enough to play the position. Changing QBs is a pussy move. The tough choice is to stick with TE here and let him play through it and learn and there will be dividends in the future.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  after listening to these press conferences I'm much more confident in the abilities of DJ and TE. He's basically telling everyone that TE is smart enough to play this position he just hasn't learned enough yet. TE said the same thing. Before you come with your defend JP crap DJ is also saying, because he never talked about JP this way when he played like crap, that JP isn't smart enough to play the position. Changing QBs is a pussy move. The tough choice is to stick with TE here and let him play through it and learn and there will be dividends in the future.
                  You honestly can't have faith in Dickey...there is no logical reason to have faith in him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

after listening to these press conferences I'm much more confident in the abilities of DJ and TE. He's basically telling everyone that TE is smart enough to play this position he just hasn't learned enough yet. TE said the same thing.
                    I guess when OP talks about bills fans accepting mediocrity , you're the poster child. Neither qb nor coaches have earned the confidence of anyone but homers especially since they are getting owned by first time coaches and Trent getting owned by crappy defenses.

Originally posted by typo
                    Before you come with your defend JP crap DJ is also saying, because he never talked about JP this way when he played like crap, that JP isn't smart enough to play the position. Changing QBs is a pussy move. The tough choice is to stick with TE here and let him play through it and learn and there will be dividends in the future.
                    Uh you're the one talking about JP , not me.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      You honestly can't have faith in Dickey...there is no logical reason to have faith in him.
                      We got OWNED by a crappy team AT HOME and yet they've earned typo's confidence.

We just lost 4 straight games. If we lose the remaining games, typo will be wanting to enshrine Dick into the HOF .
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        We got OWNED by a crappy team AT HOME and yet they've earned typo's respect.
                        He has to be saying this stuff to get us going because nobody with half a clue can really feel that way about a coach who has never done anything in this league.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

I think they are an intelligent, honest & winning culture. I'm just glad I don't have to answer to loons. Go ahead and prematurely blow up the team at a constant rate and be stuck in hell for eternity. I think not.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

I think they are an intelligent, honest & winning culture. I'm just glad I don't have to answer to loons. Go ahead and prematurely blow up the team at a constant rate and be stuck in hell for eternity. I think not.
                            Ahh, that's it! You have yet to realize that the Bills are already stuck in NFL hell!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I think they are an intelligent, honest & winning culture.
                              in case you missed it the facts say we're in last place in the division. If you consider that intelligent and a winning culture then I'd rather be a loon than a losers logic.

Originally posted by typo
                              I'm just glad I don't have to answer to loons. Go ahead and prematurely blow up the team at a constant rate and be stuck in hell for eternity. I think not.
                              prematurely? It's been 3 years and we're back to the basement of the AFCE. Unlike you, some of us fans don't like being last place.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X