PDA

View Full Version : Weds press conference

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/trent-edwards-press-conference/eb5de897-b0bc-4918-80fd-11c7843b0712

Trent said his confidence was still intact in the 2nd half but he wasn't seeing the D he expected to see. WTH???

They haven't been seeing the D they've been practicing for. DUH??? it's gonna be that way especially against the PAts who do it every week.

"i have to get better ,blablahblah" ... you're starting to sound like Dick. It's been 3 years and we're still trying to get better.

Listen to the rest..... and judge for yourself. I've been a huge Trent fan when talking to the press but this is crap.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/dick-jauron-wednesday-press-conference/8158459d-cd0b-4406-9109-22f5c1c64ad4

Dick "We have to find a way ..." same crap different day.

THe reporters have to be more severe in asking questions.

"yo Dick, if we miss playoffs will you quit? " "do you think you still deserve that extension?" "how long is this "we need to get better aka rebuilding take?"

"Aren't you embarrased that you're getting owned by first time coaches that are in rebuilding process like the fins"

"do you think you have what it takes to coach in the AFCE? If so, where's your proof?"

The Jokeman
11-19-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/trent-edwards-press-conference/eb5de897-b0bc-4918-80fd-11c7843b0712

Trent said his confidence was still intact in the 2nd half but he wasn't seeing the D he expected to see. WTH???

They haven't been seeing the D they've been practicing for. DUH??? it's gonna be that way especially against the PAts who do it every week.

"i have to get better ,blablahblah" ... you're starting to sound like Dick. It's been 3 years and we're still trying to get better.

Listen to the rest..... and judge for yourself. I've been a huge Trent fan when talking to the press but this is crap.
I remember Kornheiser talking about how the Browns had been a blitz 50% of the time type of team. Though it seemed to me that they were blitzing less against us but instead they seemed more content to rush 3 and leave everyone else in coverage maybe that was the surprise.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
I remember Kornheiser talking about how the Browns had been a blitz 50% of the time type of team. Though it seemed to me that they were blitzing less against us but instead they seemed more content to rush 3 and leave everyone else in coverage maybe that was the surprise.
do we have the right coaches to make the adjustments?

BTW, Dick is saying Trent is not regressing. He's been playing badly the last 4 games but he's 4 games smarter.He's not going backwards. WTH???

JJamezz
11-19-2008, 05:04 PM

So in other words, what he's been seeing from each of the last 3 opponents..

See, I told you his brain is f'd up.. he can't even remember the gameplan from last week! :D

billsburgh
11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
this is what all the teams have been doing during this losing streak. why wouldnt the Browns continue to do that if its working against the Bills.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
So in other words, what he's been seeing from each of the last 3 opponents..

See, I told you his brain is f'd up.. he can't even remember the gameplan from last week! :D

Dick , Turk and Trent " OMG, they aren't running the defense we thought they would run against us. What are we gonna do now?"

Typ0
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
after listening to these press conferences I'm much more confident in the abilities of DJ and TE. He's basically telling everyone that TE is smart enough to play this position he just hasn't learned enough yet. TE said the same thing. Before you come with your defend JP crap DJ is also saying, because he never talked about JP this way when he played like crap, that JP isn't smart enough to play the position. Changing QBs is a pussy move. The tough choice is to stick with TE here and let him play through it and learn and there will be dividends in the future.

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
after listening to these press conferences I'm much more confident in the abilities of DJ and TE. He's basically telling everyone that TE is smart enough to play this position he just hasn't learned enough yet. TE said the same thing. Before you come with your defend JP crap DJ is also saying, because he never talked about JP this way when he played like crap, that JP isn't smart enough to play the position. Changing QBs is a pussy move. The tough choice is to stick with TE here and let him play through it and learn and there will be dividends in the future.

You honestly can't have faith in Dickey...there is no logical reason to have faith in him.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 05:37 PM
after listening to these press conferences I'm much more confident in the abilities of DJ and TE. He's basically telling everyone that TE is smart enough to play this position he just hasn't learned enough yet. TE said the same thing.
I guess when OP talks about bills fans accepting mediocrity , you're the poster child. Neither qb nor coaches have earned the confidence of anyone but homers especially since they are getting owned by first time coaches and Trent getting owned by crappy defenses.

Before you come with your defend JP crap DJ is also saying, because he never talked about JP this way when he played like crap, that JP isn't smart enough to play the position. Changing QBs is a pussy move. The tough choice is to stick with TE here and let him play through it and learn and there will be dividends in the future.
Uh you're the one talking about JP , not me.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 05:39 PM
You honestly can't have faith in Dickey...there is no logical reason to have faith in him.
We got OWNED by a crappy team AT HOME and yet they've earned typo's confidence. :rolleyes:

We just lost 4 straight games. If we lose the remaining games, typo will be wanting to enshrine Dick into the HOF .

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 05:40 PM
We got OWNED by a crappy team AT HOME and yet they've earned typo's respect. :rolleyes:

He has to be saying this stuff to get us going because nobody with half a clue can really feel that way about a coach who has never done anything in this league.

Typ0
11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I think they are an intelligent, honest & winning culture. I'm just glad I don't have to answer to loons. Go ahead and prematurely blow up the team at a constant rate and be stuck in hell for eternity. I think not.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I think they are an intelligent, honest & winning culture. in case you missed it the facts say we're in last place in the division. If you consider that intelligent and a winning culture then I'd rather be a loon than a losers logic.

I'm just glad I don't have to answer to loons. Go ahead and prematurely blow up the team at a constant rate and be stuck in hell for eternity. I think not.
prematurely? It's been 3 years and we're back to the basement of the AFCE. Unlike you, some of us fans don't like being last place.

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I think they are an intelligent, honest & winning culture. I'm just glad I don't have to answer to loons. Go ahead and prematurely blow up the team at a constant rate and be stuck in hell for eternity. I think not.

Ahh, that's it! You have yet to realize that the Bills are already stuck in NFL hell!

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Ahh, that's it! You have yet to realize that the Bills are already stuck in NFL hell!

he must think we're in the NFC where we can make it to the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

acehole
11-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Not to mention:

Our division is full of 3-4 defenses.

I hated that arogent look after the TD he ran...like he was all that.

He completed one pass on that drive.

He has got to recalibrate that ego....
he is a product of his own hype and he need to grow up fast.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
WTF is the matter with the coaches? Why would you prepare for what Cleveland did vs Denver, and not the D that's been played against them by EVERY team during the losing streak. Teams are going to keep dropping a ton of guys into coverage until the Bills can beat it.

How the hell is Trent, or any QB on the team for that matter, supposed to suceed when they aren't even practicing properly?

acehole
11-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I guess when OP talks about bills fans accepting mediocrity , you're the poster child. Neither qb nor coaches have earned the confidence of anyone but homers especially since they are getting owned by first time coaches and Trent getting owned by crappy defenses.

Uh you're the one talking about JP , not me.

Fortunately Dick and Trents fates are tied at the hip....

It was Dicks move to start this guy.

Lets hope they make the right move next year and carry them both to the curb.

yordad
11-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Um... wtf. That didn't sound like Trent Edwards. That sounded like a rookie after his first game.

First it sounded like Chris Brown leading his witness at a trial.

Was that Ed Kilgore who said "It's a widely held opinion, that you looked scared to throw it down field"?

Trent said...

"It's my job to manage the game." I think you are playing QB to try and win it buddy.

"That's the plays that are being called". What, no audibles?

"That was the defense we practiced for." WTF. Aren't you supposed to read it? I thought that was your strong suit?

Then he started feeling uncomfortable and asked to speak about the upcoming game.

Then he tuned out one guy to focus in on another's question, and it was about the upcoming game. He thanked him for asking a question about the next game.

Then the very next question was about how they have to be giving something up, if they are taking away the passing. Trent said something like "yeah, like Monday night. That's how Lynch and Jackson had a good game".

Am I the only one a little disturbed by him immediately looking down and away to answer the first question about his confidence?

I think its the pressure.

Typ0
11-19-2008, 08:32 PM
it's information overload plus the pressure. Keep pummeling him with it we can't have him crumbling during the playoffs.

TigerJ
11-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Trent looks scared whatever he says. Turk Schonert's play calling also looks tentative and unsure. In fact everyone is looking as if they're playing not to lose, which is of course a very good way to lose.

I'm no where near suggesting Trent sit in favor of anyone else (JP Losman or Gibran Hamdan, but Trent is showing that he's not the finished product we thought and hoped he was. The Bills probably will not make the playoffs the way things are going. I think the primary focus of the rest of the season needs to be coaching up the young guys that the team will need to perform well in the future. The Bills have to get stronger at linebacker, defensive end, and on the interior of the offensive line. Kawika Mitchell seems to be the real deal, and I think Poz is going to be OK, but Keith Ellison is not and never will be an adequate starter. Schobel, when healthy, hasn't been that good lately, and the backups can not get to the QB, period.