PDA

View Full Version : How can a team be so unprepared?

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2008, 06:36 PM
After listening to the press conferences today, and reading Lee Evans' comments, I have to wonder. Isn't practice designed to cure your mistakes? Isnt' it supposed to help you beat what you previously can't beat? Why the hell are these idiot coaches having the Offense practice vs different Defenses every week, when clearly teams are playing similar Cover 2's vs them week in and week out? I'm really starting to think that Jauron needs to go. If you can't do a simple thing like practice and prepare properly, how the hell do you expect to win football games?

I really think a lot of this team's problem is that they are unprepared, offensively. That, to me, falls soley upon the head coach, Mr. Vagina Jauron.

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
After listening to the press conferences today, and reading Lee Evans' comments, I have to wonder. Isn't practice designed to cure your mistakes? Isnt' it supposed to help you beat what you previously can't beat? Why the hell are these idiot coaches having the Offense practice vs different Defenses every week, when clearly teams are playing similar Cover 2's vs them week in and week out? I'm really starting to think that Jauron needs to go. If you can't do a simple thing like practice and prepare properly, how the hell do you expect to win football games?

I really think a lot of this team's problem is that they are unprepared, offensively. That, to me, falls soley upon the head coach, Mr. Vagina Jauron.

I think you've already answered your question...Dickey. It's hard to win when your HC is such a Dick!

Philagape
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
You'd think that playing a cover-heavy 3-4 defense three straight weeks would prepare them for Cleveland, but nooooooo

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 06:40 PM
You'd think that playing a cover-heavy 3-4 defense three straight weeks would prepare them for Cleveland, but nooooooo

Well, you'd think they'd eventually catch on.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-19-2008, 06:48 PM
its the freakin bills... arent you used to it by now?

Its ingrained in the team make up now. failure... expect no substitute

Yasgur's Farm
11-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Bill Cowher please!!!!

tat2dmike77
11-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Bill Cowher please!!!!

Don't hold your breath

Till wilson kicks the bucket and Jim Kelly comes in and buys this team we will be stuck with bargain basement coaches and GM's

Nighthawk
11-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Don't hold your breath

Till wilson kicks the bucket and Jim Kelly comes in and buys this team we will be stuck with bargain basement coaches and GM's

Unfortunately, you probably are right.

Typ0
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
What he was saying was they are preparing against what the other teams have displayed on tape. In doing this, they increase the probability they know someting about what the other team is going to do. If they spend a lot of time preparing things the other team hasn't demonstrated in their game plan it doesn't make a lot of sense because all the other team would need to do is come out and do the things they are well rehearsed and good at.

First, the bills must do their job which is to prepare the team to play against the opponent. They do that by preparing for that opponent based on what they did historically. Being in the game with this form of preparation puts the onus on the other team to change their game plan and do something outside of what they are best at in order to win which in turn exposes weak points.

Cleveland had done the same thing. It's the QBs job to adjust to things that come at them and ours has been struggling in this area. He just hasn't had a round of experience against the range of challenges he's going to face as a QB. I think he can get it together. I think he is overwhelmed. What do I know though I'm just out here looking in.

OpIv37
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
The worst part is that despite the failures of the two previous seasons, one of the few things Jauron did right was have the team prepared. in 2007, with the exception of the two NE games and the Pitt game, we were in every game until well into the 3rd quarter. And that included superior teams like the SB Champion NY Giants, Jacksonville, Dallas, even beating the Redskins.

Jauron always seemed to have the team prepared. It was the in-game coaching and adjustments where he failed miserably.

Now, he can't even get that right. This team has been terrible in the first half, even in most of the wins. And even after playing very similar D's for 3 consecutive weeks, the O still looks clueless as far as how to beat it.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Now, he can't even get that right. This team has been terrible in the first half, even in most of the wins. And even after playing very similar D's for 3 consecutive weeks, the O still looks clueless as far as how to beat it.

My point exactly. How can you get beat by basically the same D, week in and week out? It's inexcuseable, and to me, it's not even remotely the players' fault.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 09:15 AM
What he was saying was they are preparing against what the other teams have displayed on tape. In doing this, they increase the probability they know someting about what the other team is going to do. If they spend a lot of time preparing things the other team hasn't demonstrated in their game plan it doesn't make a lot of sense because all the other team would need to do is come out and do the things they are well rehearsed and good at.

First, the bills must do their job which is to prepare the team to play against the opponent. They do that by preparing for that opponent based on what they did historically. Being in the game with this form of preparation puts the onus on the other team to change their game plan and do something outside of what they are best at in order to win which in turn exposes weak points.

Cleveland had done the same thing. It's the QBs job to adjust to things that come at them and ours has been struggling in this area. He just hasn't had a round of experience against the range of challenges he's going to face as a QB. I think he can get it together. I think he is overwhelmed. What do I know though I'm just out here looking in.
we have the wrong coaches then because the fins certainly are doing a better job at watching tapes than we are and they are rin rebuilding mode. Imagine what happens when they're done rebuilding and have the pieces in place. We'll be last place in the AFCE again. Wait we already are!!!!

Bill PArcells used to say that you have to know how to watch game tapes and what to look for. I hope he puts up a clinic during the off season and maybe Dick and Turk would attend that clinic.

bigbub2352
11-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Just listening to the interveiw from trent saying that he has run into this more than once this season that he prepared for defenses that he is not seeing come game day WHAT????
Seriously this coaching staff is a joke, Fewell, Turk, AVP, Kugler and the skeletor DJ are just getting out coached left and right, not making the proper adjustments during half time
Sad sad sad seriously if we all see it how come ralph cant

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree, this year is make it or break it for Dick Jauron. He better get us to atleast 8-8 to even remotely justify an extension. If DJ gets canned, I want Bobby April ( our ST's coach) or Lovie Smith (CHI's HC, if he gets canned) as our new HC. Ron Rivera ( LB coach w/ SD, former DC of CHI), Mike Nolan ( Former SF HC and BAL DC ) or Rob Ryan* ( Raiders DC ) would be great choices as far as the DC position goes. As far as OC goes, I would consider coaches like Mike Munchak (OL coach for the Titans), Stump Mitchell (AHC running backs coach with the Redskins), Jimmy Robinson ( WR coach for GB). Just throwing some names out there.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I agree, this year is make it or break it for Dick Jauron. He better get us to atleast 8-8 to even remotely justify an extension. If DJ gets canned, I want Bobby April ( our ST's coach) or Lovie Smith (CHI's HC, if he gets canned) as our new HC. Ron Rivera ( LB coach w/ SD, former DC of CHI), Mike Nolan ( Former SF HC and BAL DC ) or Rob Ryan ( Raiders DC ) would be great choices as far as the DC position goes. As far as OC goes, I would consider coaches like Mike Munchak (OL coach for the Titans), Stump Mitchell (AHC running backs coach with the Redskins), Jimmy Robinson ( WR coach for GB). Just throwing some names out there.
Hell no! If he can't get us to the playoffs in his 3rd year he's not good enough to face the PAts, jets and expecially the fins who will get better the next 2 years.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hell no! If he can't get us to the playoffs in his 3rd year he's not good enough to face the PAts, jets and expecially the fins who will get better the next 2 years.

The keyword is remotely, even finishing 8-8 his chances would be less than optimistic, that's for sure.

ROB RYAN FOR DC, THOUGH!! That guy coaches a MEAN defense, I would love to see that attitude he brings over to OUR defense!

bigbub2352
11-20-2008, 09:36 AM
A caller yesterday called in to Schopp and the Bulldog and had an excellent point and even the two *******s agreed with him, that if you take a look at our division, you have a Hall of Fame HC in Billacheck and the Pats, Hall of Fame GM in Parcells in Maimi and a Coach who was mentored by a Hall of Fame Coach in Manigini and the Jets and we got DJ and Brandon seems a little out classed dont u think

trapezeus
11-20-2008, 11:21 AM
you know why they are unprepared? I believe that DJ's press conferences are so monotone and boring to listen to. There is no fire there. But you get the sense he's a good guy. But he's so easy to tune out. Imagine thsi guy talking to you for 10 hours a day breaking down film. you'd pass out. And then he never gets on your case for missing a play, so what's the problem with just not listening, especially when he never has an answer to the problem.