PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one

tat2dmike77
11-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Who finds it appauling that Adam Jones is yet again reinstated in the NFL?

How many freaking chances is this guy gonna get? What kind of message are we sending to these players who already have swollen egos as it is? This guy is a douche bag and let's be honest he is not a great player anyway.

This just paves the way for douche bag Vick to get reinstated upon his release. And of coourse some team will pay him money to come and pretend he is a QB again. I'm sick of this Goodell said he wanted to clean up the league and instead he just keeps slapping these guys on the wrist.

shelby
11-20-2008, 04:29 AM
i agree......he should not have been reinstated.
Sending the wrong message imo.

OpIv37
11-20-2008, 10:22 AM
The NFL creates a "fan conduct policy", meanwhile they give this dirtbag chance after chance. I just don't get it.

And BTW, there are already rumors going around that Oakland is looking to secure Vick's rights for when he gets out of prison. So there's a good chance he'll be back.

shelby
11-20-2008, 10:23 AM
That is sickening....but somehow i'm not surprised.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Depending on how good of shape Vick is in when he is released, someone will definitely take a chance on him because of the Wildcat. Picture some offense running the Wildcat all the time with Vick. He is a dangerous runner and also has the arm. It's actually a scary thought.

tat2dmike77
11-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Depending on how good of shape Vick is in when he is released, someone will definitely take a chance on him because of the Wildcat. Picture some offense running the Wildcat all the time with Vick. He is a dangerous runner and also has the arm. It's actually a scary thought.

I get what you are saying i do but the media circus that will come with him is going to be out of control. Look i am all for second chances and i do think that when Vick gets out of jail he should be able to go and work for a company like most ex-cons do. But playing in the NFL is not a right it is a privelage.

What kind of message is the NFL sending young players who are already getting put on pedastools at the high school and sometimes junior high level? Ten years ago if you would of told me that ESPN would be playing high school football games on thier network in primetime i would have laughed at you. But now look there they are showing high school games. These players are coddled and told how great they are and such that they get a big head and ego and think they are above the law. This is why we have the Maurice Claretts and Ryan Perrilouxs of the college football world.

It just pisses me off like OP said. The NFL would rather police it's fans with more authority then thier own players. It's not like Vick is the only running QB in the laegue. I bet if you put Troy Smith in the Wildcat offense he would have success. So would Tim Tebow when he come to the NFL. Even Pat White would most likely have some success. Oakland is just the thug team and until Al Davis dies or sells the team they will be a joke. I'm sick of these players getting chance after chance laughing all the way to the bank.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I completely agree with you. I wasn't saying Vick should get a chance or deserves a chance because he doesn't, but I also know that in the NFL players almost always get a second chance. In Pacman's case it's what, like a sixth chance now. That guy is a waste of life. He is one player I wouldn't mind seeing go down with some sort of broken bone on the field.

tat2dmike77
11-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I completely agree with you. I wasn't saying Vick should get a chance or deserves a chance because he doesn't, but I also know that in the NFL players almost always get a second chance. In Pacman's case it's what, like a sixth chance now. That guy is a waste of life. He is one player I wouldn't mind seeing go down with some sort of broken bone on the field.

Adam Jones is a perfect example of talent gone to to waste. And he is a waste of space. Look i understand some people have substance abuse problems. My aunt was a drunk that smoked pot everyday all day for 4 years. She fell into a dark hole after her mom/my grandma died. She turned to drugs and booze, lose her kids, lost all her finances, lost her licsence, almost lost her job and almost lost her life. She got sober and has been since.

My point is this with Adam Jones i don't buy his oh i am a alcholic thats why i got drunk and started a fight with my body guard. No you are a disrespectfull ******* that thinks the world revolves around you. So in order to get sympathy from Goodell and J.Jones and possibly his team mates he says he is an alcoholic. Just a disgrace to people who actually have a problem. He is the reason why alot of people don't believe people when they say they have a problem. This guy is a douche and should have been kicked out of the league.

Oh and Rockstar i was just venting about my frustration with the way players are being dealt with. And yes if it were Manning or Brady i would feel the same way. Only pieces of **** treat animals the way he did.

CuseJetsFan83
11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
i am sickened by the fact that someone can constantly screw up and be allowed to play, but someone like pete rose in another sport is banished for something that wasn't completely proven.

pac-man did finish his treatment program though....... lets just hope the 8th strike is him being sent away

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 01:34 AM
:bf1: good job Goodell

Mr. Pink
11-21-2008, 02:09 AM
America is the land of second chances, what makes sports any different?

Hell Steve Howe got re-instated what 9 times after violating baseballs substance abuse policies in the 80s from powdering his nose too much.

If you finish the treatment program, you shouldn't be denied the chance at making a living IMO

And yes, Vick will be somewhere in the league when he gets released, as well he should.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
America is the land of second chances, what makes sports any different?

Hell Steve Howe got re-instated what 9 times after violating baseballs substance abuse policies in the 80s from powdering his nose too much.

If you finish the treatment program, you shouldn't be denied the chance at making a living IMO

And yes, Vick will be somewhere in the league when he gets released, as well he should.
Like I said before; they get paid to entertain not be model citizens.

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Pacman won't even be back for like another two games. I actually think besides the media attention his coming back is irrelevant.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Pacman won't even be back for like another two games. I actually think besides the media attention his coming back is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant to us in Dallas, with Miles Austin out until the playoffs he instantly becomes the best returner on the team and before he went out was the best CB on the team. He was targeted more by QB's than any other CB on the team and was allowing the least number of yards per reception and had the most deflections.

Anthony Henry
31-of-45 (69 %), 392 yards, 8.7 ypa, 2 PBU, 0 INT, 2 pass interferences

Adam "Pacman" Jones
21-of-42 (50%), 216 yards, 5.1 ypa, 7 PBU, 0 INT, 1 pass interference

Mike Jenkins
22-of-33 (67%), 248 yards, 7.5 ypa, 2 PBU, 1 INT, 0 pass interference

Terence Newman
14-of-17 (82%), 175 yards, 10.3 ypa, 1 PBU, 0 INT, 0 pass interference

Orlando Scandrick
7-of-14 (50%), 85 yards, 6.1 ypa, 0 PBU, 0 INT, 0 pass interference

Alan Ball
2-of-3 (67%), 12 yards, 4.0 ypa, 0 PBU, 0 INT, 0 pass interference

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2008, 10:21 AM
It is an embarrassment to reinstate Jones.

Goodell tried to have a hard ass approach when he began it is obvious he is a pushover.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2008, 10:58 AM
he is the Steve Howe of football minus the coke.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Like I said before; they get paid to entertain not be model citizens.

As Charles Barkley once said "I am not a role model"

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
As Charles Barkley once said "I am not a role model"
Yeah, but people in Buffalo wouldn't understand, they are a "classy" organization :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Barkley didn't have people shot and paralyzed, punch women in the face etc.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Barkley didn't have people shot and paralyzed, punch women in the face etc.
Can you prove that he had someone shot? The law can't.

tat2dmike77
11-21-2008, 01:09 PM
If Adam Jones played for Buffalo i would be pissed that he got these many chances let me make that clear.

And while i do think people desrve second chances as i stated fun. The NFL is not a right it is a privelage and his privelage along with vick should be taken away. Go play in the CFL or the arena league. I know i'm a racist white guy for thinking people should have to follow rules. Espically those who are paid millions of dollars.

And while i know all about Big Head Brakley. He can say all he wants i am not a role model. Well the truth is you are. No matter how much he doesn't want to be one he is one. Adam Jones can be replaced. He is not the end all be all of defensive backs. If dallas were 9-1 i bet most of you cowboy fans would be saying we don't need him anyway. But because you do need him you are happy to have him back.

But oh he is a poor ghetto kid that has problems WAAAAAH. Guess what everyone has problems it's time for this punk to grow up and act like what he is a professional. But no let's coddle and bottle feed him some more so he can feel good about himself. Let's just continue to give him millions of dollars for acting like a complete ass.

Would you still have a job at your company if you acted like this? I highly doubt it. What if your boss was doing this crap and kept getting chance after chance would you be ok with it?

Make no mistake the NFL is a buisness and players are employees and these players have to follow rules to. Employees can be fired and someone needs to fire this douchebag.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 03:06 PM
If Adam Jones played for Buffalo i would be pissed that he got these many chances let me make that clear.

And while i do think people desrve second chances as i stated fun. The NFL is not a right it is a privelage and his privelage along with vick should be taken away. Go play in the CFL or the arena league. I know i'm a racist white guy for thinking people should have to follow rules. Espically those who are paid millions of dollars.

And while i know all about Big Head Brakley. He can say all he wants i am not a role model. Well the truth is you are. No matter how much he doesn't want to be one he is one. Adam Jones can be replaced. He is not the end all be all of defensive backs. If dallas were 9-1 i bet most of you cowboy fans would be saying we don't need him anyway. But because you do need him you are happy to have him back.

But oh he is a poor ghetto kid that has problems WAAAAAH. Guess what everyone has problems it's time for this punk to grow up and act like what he is a professional. But no let's coddle and bottle feed him some more so he can feel good about himself. Let's just continue to give him millions of dollars for acting like a complete ass.

Would you still have a job at your company if you acted like this? I highly doubt it. What if your boss was doing this crap and kept getting chance after chance would you be ok with it?

Make no mistake the NFL is a buisness and players are employees and these players have to follow rules to. Employees can be fired and someone needs to fire this douchebag.
So when the Bills move can I say; "hey, it's a business."

tat2dmike77
11-21-2008, 07:32 PM
So when the Bills move can I say; "hey, it's a business."

I love the i have two favorite teams people. You can say whatever you want because if it happens i will turn my back on professional football completely.

I know it's a business and let's be honest what does this have to do with the thread i started. What are you mad cause i pointed out the obvious that if the Cowgirls were 9-1 all of you would be pissed that he is getting yet anther chance.

If the Bills do leave Buffalo then the NFL will never get anther dollar from me again.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I love the i have two favorite teams people. You can say whatever you want because if it happens i will turn my back on professional football completely.

I know it's a business and let's be honest what does this have to do with the thread i started. What are you mad cause i pointed out the obvious that if the Cowgirls were 9-1 all of you would be pissed that he is getting yet anther chance.

If the Bills do leave Buffalo then the NFL will never get anther dollar from me again.
2 teams? If the Cowboys were 9-1 I'd be saying the same thing.

yordad
11-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Like I said before; they get paid to entertain not be model citizens.I agree with gr8slayer on this. But I do think having two teams is :gay: Especially when you are on the Bills message board rockin some other teams pics.

tat2dmike77
11-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I agree with gr8slayer on this. But I do think having two teams is :gay: Especially when you are on the Bills message board rockin some other teams pics.

When just a week ago he was rockin Bills pics.

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 09:33 PM
When just a week ago he was rockin Bills pics.
I've made it pretty clear that I will not support the Buffalo Bills as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner. I'm flattered that so many care what I do with my personal life.

Michael82
11-23-2008, 12:55 AM
I totally agree. I am disgusted that the piece of **** continues to get let back in the NFL. If he wasn't a Cowboy, I have no doubt things would be different. But Jerry Jones is the one controlling this whole thing and because he needs Pacman back, Goodell is reinstating the jackass.

yordad
11-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I've made it pretty clear that I will not support the Buffalo Bills as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner. I'm flattered that so many care what I do with my personal life.Thanks for clearing that up. I was pretty sure you weren't a Bills fan. Now I know. No biggie. Just strange you pretended for so long.

SABURZFAN
11-23-2008, 09:11 AM
:z:

gr8slayer
11-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I totally agree. I am disgusted that the piece of **** continues to get let back in the NFL. If he wasn't a Cowboy, I have no doubt things would be different. But Jerry Jones is the one controlling this whole thing and because he needs Pacman back, Goodell is reinstating the jackass.
Does he really "need" Adam back? The defense has been playing pretty good without him, it would just be an extra boost. By the way, if the law never finds any reason to nail him with anything, why should the NFL? Think about it.

tat2dmike77
11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Does he really "need" Adam back? The defense has been playing pretty good without him, it would just be an extra boost. By the way, if the law never finds any reason to nail him with anything, why should the NFL? Think about it.

REALLY so i guess he is on probation for fun right?

http://bumpshack.com/2007/03/02/pacman-jones-criminal-record/

I guess everything there is just fine to do huh. And you will notice he has been on probation for sometime now.

This sums up why he has been allowed to continue to act the way he does
The above time line doesn’t include his sentence of one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation (because he is a really good football player).

So if you had a coworker doing this type of stuff you would be ok with him continuing to be employed by your company. Just because the law does not put him jail it does not mean he did not violate any policies set forth by the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys or at the time the Tennesse Titans. All companies have personal conduct policies and in some cases whether you are convicted or not you can be terminated based on the polices set in place that you agree upon when you sign your contract or paper acknowleging you have read and received your employee handbook that outlines all company policies. I have heard of people being fired for just getting one DUI. But this fool gets in to fights when he is drunk throws money around that leads to a shooting. And everyone is now supposed to feel sorry for him because he is now a alcoholic. And remember this guy sought a plea in alot of his cases that kept him out jail.

But oh god forbid we hold Adam Jones accountable for his actions. God forbid we tell him it is time to grow up. Oh we don't want to do that we just want to continue to give this piece of trash chance after chance after chance. What will you say when he screws up again and lets face it it's not a matter of if he will screw it it's a matter of when will he screw again.