PDA

View Full Version : Evans: Don't blame Edwards for Buffalo Bills' loss

shelby
11-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Lee Evans was in no mood to talk Monday night after the Bills lost in stomach-churning fashion to the Cleveland Browns.

And after enduring just the second game in his NFL career where he did not catch a pass, no one could blame him.Evans did speak Tuesday on his weekly radio show in Buffalo, and he met with the media Wednesday — as he almost always does — and shared some of the aggravation he was feeling after playing a game in which he was barely visible.
"It was a tough game," said Evans, who by some observations was thrown to no more than three times in the game.

"It was a frustrating game. I think we did some good things to try to get back on track and there are a lot of positives to draw from, but it was a rough time after the game and I thought it was best that I didn't address the media with it.''
Evans is going through perhaps the roughest stretch of his career as he has only six catches for 63 yards in the last three weeks.

The Bills have been unable to get him the ball now that teams are rushing only three or four men and dropping everyone else into coverage. He sees constant double-teaming, and with no other receivers able to take some of the burden off him, he has become a ghost in the offense.
"They're basically dropping a lot of people deep," Evans said. "And it's hard to get open when they drop so many people deep and you really don't have a lot of underneath routes to hold people there. That's basically what it has been."

more.... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081120/SPORTS03/811200353/1007/SPORTS)

Saratoga Slim
11-20-2008, 07:04 AM
"And it's hard to get open when they drop so many people deep and you really don't have a lot of underneath routes to hold people there. That's basically what it has been."

Is that a shot at the playcalling? If so, done with class.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Why would anyone blame Edwards.

Trent put us in position to win at the end. Lindell is the one who missed the kick.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 07:33 AM

Trent put us in position to win at the end. Lindell is the one who missed the kick.

Did you watch the first 58 minutes of the game?

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Did you watch the first 58 minutes of the game?

Did you watch the last 2 minutes?

The Bills could have won if Lindell makes the kick. It's really that simple.

ddaryl
11-20-2008, 07:50 AM
opposing D's have changes the way the attack the Bills... Now it's the OC's job to dissect these D's and preapre trent to handle it.

billogic99
11-20-2008, 08:04 AM

Yes, but had the Browns been any good at all they would have turned the three TO's into more then 2 FG's and Trent wouldn't have been in position to bring the Bills back. Also Trent was lucky the return game was so good getting the ball almsot everytime at or near mid-field, not to mention a return for a TD. Trent was the last person responsible for the Bills being in position to pull out a win Monday night. Hell, Marshawn did more for the Bills than Trent.

Night Train
11-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Evans has taken veiled shots at the coaches more than once in the last 48 hours on camera & on radio. He just signed a megadeal and after getting one look on the first play of scrimmage, he was ignored the rest of the game.

That's criminal & falls on the coaches.

On a seperate issue, please don't make excuses for yet another terrible performance by Edwards. He's had 1 decent game in his last 7 starts & that's a huge concern.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 08:07 AM

No ****.

Of course, using one play as the reason the team lost the game is gross over simplification.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 08:48 AM

say what???

You blamed the losses on JP even when he left the field with the bills leading the ball game like the broncos game last year.Thats just one example.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
say what???

You blamed the losses on JP even when he left the field with the bills leading the ball game like the broncos game last year.Thats just one example.

Trent is one of the reasons the Bills lost. The main reason the Bills lost though is because Lindell missed the FG.

JP with 2:43 remaining in the game missed a wide open Evans in the endzone that would have sealed the Broncos game.

See the difference.

More often than not football comes down to 1 play. In those 2 games JP didn't complete his and in last weeks game Lindell missed him. Just like Norwood missed his.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
No ****.

Of course, using one play as the reason the team lost the game is gross over simplification.

Many games come down to 1 play.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 10:32 AM
So Evans says not to blame Edwards but on his radio show comments on how the Cleveland defense was just playing a soft zone and it's nothing special, nothing they haven't seen. Then Edwards comments the next day how he was seeing things he has never seen before and he couldn't adjust. I'd like to know what game film Edwards is watching during the week. Seriously.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Trent is one of the reasons the Bills lost. The main reason the Bills lost though is because Lindell missed the FG... thats the very exact same thing when JP was the qb and yet you blamed almost all the losses soley on him.

Are you implying that Trent didn't lose the cowboys game when he threw that pick?

Vs. the Pats in 06 we were ahead and the D choked too but you blamed it n JP.

JP with 2:43 remaining in the game missed a wide open Evans in the endzone that would have sealed the Broncos game.

See the difference.. We were ahead which means the O put us in a position to win it and it was the D that choked in the end. Who cares if he missed, Trent threw 3 picks.

More often than not football comes down to 1 play. In those 2 games JP didn't complete his and in last weeks game Lindell missed him. Just like Norwood missed his.

so you mean to say Rob Johnson put us in a position to win and the ST lost it for us just like last Monday?

IF Trent didn't throw those picks we wouldn't have had to win it with a FG. :rolleyes:

JP had his hand in the losses but you blamed it mostly on him. Whatever happened to "it's all about wins and losses when it comes to the qb?

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Not jumping on the JP bandwagon per say but Justa just shot holes through your argument TD.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
thats the very exact same thing when JP was the qb and yet you blamed almost all the losses soley on him. ? I've seldom ever blamed JP "soley". There are other reasons the Bills lose. It just so happens he just one of the main ones.

Are you implying that Trent didn't lose the cowboys game when he threw that pick? ? Trent was a reason the Bills lost. The main reason however is how the Special teams and Defense played in the last minute of the game.

We were ahead which means the O put us in a position to win it and it was the D that choked in the end. Who cares if he missed, Trent threw 3 picks.?
Right who cares if he missed. Who cares that Norwood missed, who cares that Tenn. ran the kick back, who cares Flutie got sacked, who cares that Ronnie Harmon dropped the ball..etc:rolleyes:

so you mean to say Rob Johnson put us in a position to win and the ST lost it for us just like last Monday? Rob Johnson was one of the reasons the Bills lost that game. The main reason however is because the Specail teams blew it.

IF Trent didn't throw those picks we wouldn't have had to win it with a FG. :rolleyes: And yet he got us down in position to win it at the end. That's what we should expect out of our QB. Put us in position to win and that's what he did.

JP had his hand in the losses but you blamed it mostly on him. Whatever happened to "it's all about wins and losses when it comes to the qb? Like I said before, I seldom put all the blame on JP.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Not jumping on the JP bandwagon per say but Justa just shot holes through your argument TD.

How's that?

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I've seldom ever blamed JP "soley". There are other reasons the Bills lose. It just so happens he just one of the main ones

Like I said before, I seldom put all the blame on JP..

:roflmao:
Who are you kidding? It's obvious that even when JP played better than the way trent played last monday Trent with lesser talent around him, you were as equally if not worse at criticizing JP.

Two of your most hated qb's (JP and RJ) never played that badly when the rest of the team were playing well especially when the OL was giving Trent all day to throw the ball yet you're trying to defend Trent especially after playing that badly to a crappy D? When JP lost to a team that was way better than the borwns you were crticized him worse than you are doing with Trent.

You're not fooling anyone.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 11:01 AM
How's that?

open your eyes.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Wait a second...you seldom put the blame on JP? You're the one who always blamed him. And then when he did good you added the stat to your signature that it was against a team with a losing record and started rolling your eyes. Where exactly is that sig now for Trent? Has he beat anyone this year with a winning record? Anyone? You ALWAYS blamed JP. Even when he threw a touchdown it was the receiver making a good play and JP throwing a stupid pass. You never gave that guy credit.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Oh man, I just did the little research myself. The results are shocking.

trapezeus
11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
i was surprised by evans comments. I thought he'd be the guy to ask for losman to come back in since they're pals. but it really seems like evans sticks with his QB's. That's fairly honorable.

No doubt that Edwards performance monday night is on his shoulders. groups that had struggled in other games that made it more of a team loss, actually stepped up against the weaker team. Edwards didn't.

But edwards comments were also telling. What he is practicign against isnt' what he's seen in practice YTD? That's insane to me. How can they not be running every possible Defense in front of him now?

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Wait a second...you seldom put the blame on JP? You're the one who always blamed him. And then when he did good you added the stat to your signature that it was against a team with a losing record and started rolling your eyes. Where exactly is that sig now for Trent? Has he beat anyone this year with a winning record? Anyone? You ALWAYS blamed JP. Even when he threw a touchdown it was the receiver making a good play and JP throwing a stupid pass. You never gave that guy credit.
like I said, he isn't fooling anyone.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
But edwards comments were also telling. What he is practicign against isnt' what he's seen in practice YTD? That's insane to me. How can they not be running every possible Defense in front of him now?

whats shocking about this is that if that worked against Trent , how come it didn't work against Quinn ........ if we did it ( I think the D did a good job last monday for the most part) , how was Quinn able to do a better job than Trent?

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 11:30 AM
:roflmao:
Who are you kidding? It's obvious that even when JP played better than the way trent played last monday Trent with lesser talent around him, you were as equally if not worse at criticizing JP.

Woo, Woo, Woo, stop right there. JP had lesser talent around him? Hardly. Look at the Bills O-line, its terrible, JP also had the better running back and recievers.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Wait a second...you seldom put the blame on JP? You're the one who always blamed him. . I said I seldom put all the blame on JP.

And then when he did good you added the stat to your signature that it was against a team with a losing record and started rolling your eyes. Where exactly is that sig now for Trent?. Trent's stat. line is there. JP's 10 wins as starter is a jinx. Trent can't seem to pass Losman with starting wins.

You ALWAYS
blamed JP. Even when he threw a touchdown it was the receiver making a good play and JP throwing a stupid pass. You never gave that guy credit.

yes, I gave JP his share of the blame. But I never said it was only his fault and that there were not others to blame. What I did say is in some of the losses JP was the main reason the Bills lost. Main reason doesn't mean only reason.

trapezeus
11-20-2008, 11:37 AM
whats shocking about this is that if that worked against Trent , how come it didn't work against Quinn ........ if we did it ( I think the D did a good job last monday for the most part) , how was Quinn able to do a better job than Trent?

good question.

i have a feeling trent is going to snap out of this once this data overload processes for him. i just hope it happens this year so that we have a feeling like, "this was what the second year often looks like." instead of "i have no idea what we have." His earlier performances can't be a totally fluke, or so i hope.

shelby
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Do y'all ever feel like we've been having the same argument over and over for the last 6 years?

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
yes, I gave JP his share of the blame. But I never said it was only his fault and that there were not others to blame. What I did say is in some of the losses JP was the main reason the Bills lost. Main reason doesn't mean only reason.

Fair enough. The main reason the Bills have lost the last 4 is Trent Edwards.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 11:53 AM
I actually just did quite a bit of research and I'm debating writing an article with my findings. To sum it up in one line would be to say that neither is a good QB and neither is better than the other.

Philagape
11-20-2008, 11:57 AM
I actually just did quite a bit of research and I'm debating writing an article with my findings. To sum it up in one line would be to say that neither is a good QB and neither is better than the other.

The reasons for poor performances should be determined before drawing conclusions.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 11:59 AM
The reasons for poor performances should be determined before drawing conclusions.

That would be impossible to figure out. How many Losman games can be blamed on Mularkey? How many are his fault? How many games did Lindell miss a kick that would've made the difference? I could go on and on.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Fair enough. The main reason the Bills have lost the last 4 is Trent Edwards.

He is a reason the Bills lost.

The main reason the Bills lost last week is Lindell missing the kick.

The main reason the Bills lost against Miami is that nobody covered Ginn. Trent didn't help, either did Lynchs 61 yards, or Royal/Parrish fumbling, or the Bills getting no pressure on Chad.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
How many are his fault?

21 :snicker:

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:21 PM

The main reason the Bills lost against Miami is that nobody covered Ginn. Trent didn't help, either did Lynchs 61 yards, or Royal/Parrish fumbling, or the Bills getting no pressure on Chad.

I disagree. Even if Lindell makes the kick the Browns still have plenty of time to get in Dawson FG range. That Lindell kick wouldn't have sealed the game up.

I'd also like to point out that Lindell won the Oakland game this year so I guess he is the main reason they won that game.

I still think the main reason for the Miami loss was turnovers, which fall on Trent. Who the hell taught him to do a QB sneak and hold the ball out? Or where are these interceptions coming from? His play has dropped off dramatically from the first few games and I can only assume it's because they are playing decent teams.

Philagape
11-20-2008, 12:28 PM
That would be impossible to figure out. How many Losman games can be blamed on Mularkey? How many are his fault? How many games did Lindell miss a kick that would've made the difference? I could go on and on.

I'm not talking about anything other than the things the QB alone does: the quality of his passes and decisions, leadership, poise, etc. If those things are poor, is it because the QB was always that way, or because of some abnormal condition?
WAY too early to draw any conclusions about Trent.

Philagape
11-20-2008, 12:30 PM
His play has dropped off dramatically from the first few games and I can only assume it's because they are playing decent teams.

How does the other team suddenly turn accurate passes into inaccurate ones? Several of Trent's picks are on nothing but his arm and how it throws the ball. Nothing to do with opposition.
Is Cleveland a "decent team"?

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Woo, Woo, Woo, stop right there. JP had lesser talent around him?Look at the Bills O-line, its terrible, yes, Bennei Anderson, Villarial, Gandy and a young Peters and a younger Preston etc. etc.
thats due to coaching. The talent is there, the performance went down because McNally left.

JP also had the better running back and recievers.

Wrong, Lynch/Jackson is better than Willis. The talent is there . The dink and dunk sucks. I'd rather have the long ball back if the dinking and dunking stays the way it has been the last 4 games.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:38 PM
How does the other team suddenly turn accurate passes into inaccurate ones? Several of Trent's picks are on nothing but his arm and how it throws the ball. Nothing to do with opposition.
Is Cleveland a "decent team"?

No they aren't.

My point was that all 5 wins have been against bottom teams in the league. The losses have been to Arizona, Miami, Jets, Pats, and Browns. Besides the Browns and maybe one of the AFCE teams, all of those are playoff teams. Anybody can look good when they are playing scrubs for the first four weeks.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 12:42 PM

NO! The BIGGEST reason why we lost is because Trent played so horribly that it came down to Lindell attempting to BAIL Trent out and he failed.

If JP was the qb last sunday you'd be singing a different tune. You know it and we know it.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
No they aren't.

My point was that all 5 wins have been against bottom teams in the league. The losses have been to Arizona, Miami, Jets, Pats, and Browns. Besides the Browns and maybe one of the AFCE teams, all of those are playoff teams. Anybody can look good when they are playing scrubs for the first four weeks.
Philagape is full of double standards. He sounds just like us when we were trying to say the same thing about JP. Imagine Trent can't even hit dinks and dunks which is his forte? He blamed JP for bad decisions and inaccuracy, Trent was worse last monday with the OL giving him all day to throw.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Trent was a reason the Bills lost. The main reason however is how the Special teams and Defense played in the last minute of the game.

No, the main reason was 3 ints in the first quarter and a QB who would not throw to open recievers downfield.

Just because a play happened with 30 seconds left, does not mean it takes precedence over the rest of the game.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Arguably ,the OL played it's best game of the season in terms of pass protection and run blocking but because the qb did so much damage , the efforts of the D, ST and Ol wasn't enough to overcome the qb's mistakes and decisions.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
If it wasn't for the special teams or defense on Monday night that game would've been a huge blowout.

BillsWin
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
well thats good. You need to have a young QBs back. You dont throw them under the bus you keep plugging away. this is a very common sophmore slump of Edwards and he should get over it.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
well thats good. You need to have a young QBs back. You dont throw them under the bus you keep plugging away. this is a very common sophmore slump of Edwards and he should get over it.

Someone should've told Eric Moulds that.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Trent was a reason the Bills lost. The main reason however is how the Special teams and Defense played in the last minute of the game.

No, the main reason was 3 ints in the first quarter and a QB who would not throw to open recievers downfield.

Just because a play happened with 30 seconds left, does not mean it takes precedence over the rest of the game.

You are confusing the Dallas game last year and Cleveland game this year.

Granted Trent played bad, no one is denying that.
At the end of the game Trent got the Bills in position to win and Lindell missed the kick.
It's really that simple.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
You are confusing the Dallas game last year and Cleveland game this year.

Granted Trent played bad, no one is denying that.
At the end of the game Trent got the Bills in position to win and Lindell missed the kick. It's really that simple.you're missing the most important part, Trent put us in that situation to begin with.

His last ditch effort wasn't enough to make up for all his mistakes that caused us to lose the game.

Philagape
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
No they aren't.

Anybody can look good if they do what they do well.
An accurate pass is an accurate pass, no matter who it's against.
A quick release is a quick release, no matter who it's against.
Poise is poise, no matter who it's against. (and Trent felt the heat against some of those bottom teams)
Leadership is leadership, no matter who it's against. (fourth-quarter comebacks, especially on the road, are achievements against anyone)

If you're going to talk about a QB, talk about what the QB did. Don't just cite external circumstances.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Anybody can look good if they do what they do well.
An accurate pass is an accurate pass, no matter who it's against.
A quick release is a quick release, no matter who it's against.
Poise is poise, no matter who it's against. (and Trent felt the heat against some of those bottom teams)
Leadership is leadership, no matter who it's against. (fourth-quarter comebacks, especially on the road, are achievements against anyone)

If you're going to talk about a QB, talk about what the QB did. Don't just cite external circumstances.and Trent was horrible in all of that list. So I guess in Phils opinion, Trent blows.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
you're missing the most important part, Trent put us in that situation to begin with.

His last ditch effort wasn't enough to make up for all his mistakes that caused us to lose the game.

The most important part was 4th and 5 at CLV 29 (:43) R.Lindell 47 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-R.Neill, Holder-B.Moorman.

Most likely the Bills would have won if the kick was good.

Hater.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 02:53 PM
The most important part was 4th and 5 at CLV 29 (:43) R.Lindell 47 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-R.Neill, Holder-B.Moorman.

Most likely the Bills would have won if the kick was good.

Hater.If he didn't make histakes it wouldn't have come down to that to begin with. His performance early on affected everything else.

HAter? I only blamed him for this game. Even his fans blamed him for the other 3 games.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
If he didn't make histakes it wouldn't have come down to that to begin with. His performance early on affected everything else.

HAter? I only blamed him for this game. Even his fans blamed him for the other 3 games.

I didn't know Edwards changed his name to Lindell.

Like I said before, Edwards has his share of the blame in the loss but the ultimate blame lays on the leg of Lindell.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I didn't know Edwards changed his name to Lindell.

Like I said before, Edwards has his share of the blame in the loss but the ultimate blame lays on the leg of Lindell.

Edwards lost the game Lindell wasn't able to bail him out.

If Jp was the qb, you'd blame it all on him.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Edwards lost the game Lindell wasn't able to bail him out.

If Jp was the qb, you'd blame it all on him.

No, I'd say JP was a reason we lost but the main reason we lost was because of Lindell.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
TD, there is no way to say this nicely - you are wrong and there is no basis for your opinion.

The Bills should not have been in that situation. This is like the people who blame the Super Bowl on Norwood.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
TD, there is no way to say this nicely - you are wrong and there is no basis for your opinion.

If Lindell makes the kick do the Bills most likely win?

My opinion is based on fact.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 03:08 PM

My opinion is based on fact.

Sure they do.

Was the kick an easy kick? No.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
No, I'd say JP was a reason we lost but the main reason we lost was because of Lindell.

:snicker:

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 03:15 PM

My opinion is based on fact.nope. it's based on shoulda, coulda ,woulda.
If Lindell made the FG , we coulda won but there was time left. Lindell missed and wasn't able to bail out Trents mistakes that caused us to lose the game

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Even if Lindell makes that kick I would still be sitting here today commenting on how horrible Edwards has been the past few weeks and that something is obviously wrong with him or we're seeing the real Edwards.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Sure they do.

Was the kick an easy kick? No.

Was Dawson's 56 yarder easy?

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Even if Lindell makes that kick I would still be sitting here today commenting on how horrible Edwards has been the past few weeks and that something is obviously wrong with him or we're seeing the real Edwards.

And no one is saying Trent played well.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Let me simplify it for you:

Trent's mistakes were more easily avoidable than Lindell's.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
And no one is saying Trent played well.

I would hope not.

He hasn't since the San Diego game.

Above that, he didn't even play that well against Oakland or St. Louis. He just lucked out that they are both terrible teams and the Bills could come back at the end to squeak it out.

Philagape
11-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Above that, he didn't even play that well against Oakland or St. Louis. He just lucked out that they are both terrible teams and the Bills could come back at the end to squeak it out.

"Lucked out." That's ridiculous. Did someone else throw the TD pass to Parrish just as he was hit in the backfield?
The Bills lucked out that he was their QB, or the Raiders game was a loss.

That was message board insanity, worse than WGR

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 03:39 PM
"Lucked out." That's ridiculous. Did someone else throw the TD pass to Parrish just as he was hit in the backfield?
The Bills lucked out that he was their QB, or the Raiders game was a loss.

That was message board insanity, worse than WGR
Philagape sounds like a licker now . :snicker:

If you look at the raiders and STL record then it can you can argue that Rockstar is right. We lucked out facing weak teams.

El Guapo
11-20-2008, 07:03 PM

How about this: But for the three picks Edwards threw, we wouldn't have to rely on a 47 yard kick to win the game.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 07:35 PM
How about this: But for the three picks Edwards threw, we wouldn't have to rely on a 47 yard kick to win the game.

How do you know Lynch wouldn't have fumbled a play later? Or maybe the Bills would have punted.

Fact is, with :43 left in the game Trent and the offense got us in position to win it.

madness
11-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Edwards has obviously been playing poorly through this stretch but to blame Edwards alone for the three picks is just down right ignorant.

One was a tipped pass at the line and now reports are surfacing that Hardy got benched for poor route running on the one INT.

Trent has to step it up but so does half his teammates along with whole damn coaching staff.

justasportsfan
11-21-2008, 09:28 AM
How do you know Lynch wouldn't have fumbled a play later? Or maybe the Bills would have punted.

Fact is, with :43 left in the game Trent and the offense got us in position to win it.
still trying to defend a Robosack like performance eh?

acehole
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM

We should not have to rely on the kicker like that.

One TD pass from Trent is all we needed at any point of the game.

He is the QB is he not?

No Joe Montanna comparisons?

No anyone?

acehole
11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
No no no...I told you people he would get alot of balls batted last year...his tragectory is flat as his arm strength...he should be throwing in passing lanes anyway.

Edwards has obviously been playing poorly through this stretch but to blame Edwards alone for the three picks is just down right ignorant.

One was a tipped pass at the line and now reports are surfacing that Hardy got benched for poor route running on the one INT.

Trent has to step it up but so does half his teammates along with whole damn coaching staff.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Do y'all ever feel like we've been having the same argument over and over for the last 6 years?

i knew that the Lickers would be whining like a bunch of *****es and blow this thread out of the water. the title of this thread says it all. :beers: