• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Jerry Sullivan: Bills’ play an extension of their coach

Dick Jauron’s pronouncements have become as predictable as his schemes. But after more than three weeks, I figured it was worth a try. Once more, Dick, can you say anything about the contract extension?
    Jauron on Wednesday: “The only thing I can say is, as you well know, we don’t discuss those matters here.”
    Fine. If the Bills insist on being coy, if they refuse to give a simple “yes” or “no” on their head coach’s rumored new deal, then so be it. As far as I’m concerned, there is no contract extension.
    If there’s a new deal, why haven’t they made it public? The Bills were riding high when reports of an extension broke before the Miami game. Why not announce the happy news? The only conclusion one can draw is it was a verbal agreement that Jauron never signed.
    All this evasion only invites speculation. Is there a clause in the deal that requires Jauron to make the playoffs, or get them to at least .500 this season?
    Ralph Wilson won’t comment. But if a contract is on his desk, awaiting Jauron’s signature, he should hide the pen.
    Jauron is a lame duck, Gregg Williams without perfect hair. Until a press release crosses my desk, telling me otherwise, he is coaching for his job.
    If the Bills continue their slide and fail to finish at least 8-8, that’ll mean Jauron has been under .500 all three years here. Even he admitted it was a critical year. Is it possible to string together three 7-9 seasons and get a three-year extension? What sort of standard is that?
    more...

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jerry Sullivan: Bills’ play an extension of their coach

Great read, and so, so true.. Three 7-9 seasons gets you a CONTRACT EXTENSION?? Only in bflo.

I love this line..
    Ralph Wilson won’t comment. But if a contract is on his desk, awaiting Jauron’s signature, he should hide the pen.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• billogic99
      • Oct 2008

I said it when he signed the extension and the Bills were 5-1, it was a mistake. I think th Bills needed to wait till the end of the season. There will be some guy's avalible that are better for the job, JMO.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billogic99
        I said it when he signed the extension and the Bills were 5-1, it was a mistake. I think th Bills needed to wait till the end of the season. There will be some guy's avalible that are better for the job, JMO.

so did i i said it was one of the darkest days in bills history

we can all pray jerry's assumption is right

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

It's about time someone in the media called out Jauron.

They always talk about how he's such a great coach, but the results don't match the rhetoric. I know, the players love to play for him. But that doesn't make him a good coach. I've had managers who were great to work under because they gave everyone a lot of leeway, but in the end some of them turned out to be terrible because they weren't making sure that things got done. It's the exact same thing here.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

He says 7-9 is a bad standard, but so is 8-8, IMO. If the Bills don't get at least 9 wins, Jauron should be ****-canned.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              He says 7-9 is a bad standard, but so is 8-8, IMO. If the Bills don't get at least 9 wins, Jauron should be ****-canned.
              Especially after starting 5-1.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

It's an extension of the owner, when your owner has a losers mentality the entire team will.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  It's about time someone in the media called out Jauron.

They always talk about how he's such a great coach, but the results don't match the rhetoric. I know, the players love to play for him. But that doesn't make him a good coach. I've had managers who were great to work under because they gave everyone a lot of leeway, but in the end some of them turned out to be terrible because they weren't making sure that things got done. It's the exact same thing here.
                  Why would they call him out? First, no one cares about what happens in Buffalo. Second, the more the Bills lose the easier it will be to move the team, and don't fool yourself, most of the owners would love to see the Bills move to L.A.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Been saying it since the day we hired skeletor and just wrote a thread about the promotions form within when u have a losing franchise

Cant understand why we are so satisfied with mediocracry

DJ and his staff are a joke and have been since the day we signed him

joke joke joke
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      It's an extension of the owner, when your owner has a losers mentality the entire team will.
                      I don't think Ralph has a loser's mentality.

I think he has a bottom line mentality. If he could win without cutting into his profit margins, he'd do it without thinking twice.

But the reality is that he'd have to spend too much of his own money to bring in the kinds of players and coaches that win football games. And as long as the team is profitable while losing, why bother?

People act in their own self interest, and Ralph's interest is money. The only way the Bills will win under Ralph is if we could somehow align winning with making money. And we really can't do that, because if we stop buying merch and tix until the team starts winning, he'll just move it to Toronto.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        7-9 is a winning season in Buffalo.

Remember 1970 and 71? 1976 and 77? 84 and 85? 2001?

Back to back to back 7-9 seasons?

Ralph probably figures he's due another ticket price increase.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

my problem with Dick is that he's clueless offensively. He's only had 1 season where his O was in the top ten. The rest of the time his O's were at the bottom of the league. Bill Bellichick is able to pull out OC's from his ass and still end up in the top of the league. As a matter of fact, Dick the defensive guru got his ass handed to him by Mangini, a coach that BB pulled out from his ass.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i wouldn't mind having a coach where the players hate playing for him, but consistenly win as opposed to loving the coach but losing consistently.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              i wouldn't mind having a coach where the players hate playing for him, but consistenly win as opposed to loving the coach but losing consistently.
                              Being liked and respected are two different things. I think players respect a coach more that leads them to victory.

Comment

Working...
                              X