PDA

View Full Version : Edwards is not gun shy

shelby
11-20-2008, 05:51 AM
Trent says, "shaddup already...."

After answering eight straight questions related to Monday night’s debacle, Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards politely made it clear Wednesday he has no interest in beating himself up over his poor performance.
“I would greatly appreciate if we moved on from this subject,” Edwards said. “We’ve been talking about this. I talked about it after the game Monday night. Again, I need to do a good job of moving on from that and continuing to put us in positive positions and positive plays and making better plays.”
If only the Bills could pivot away from their four-game losing streak so deftly.
Edwards says he is not shaken by his three-interception performance in the Bills’ loss to the Browns.
Offensive coordinator Turk Schonert says his starting quarterback will be fine.
Buffalo fans find out Sunday when the Bills take their shaky-wheeled bandwagon to Kansas City to play the Chiefs.

more.... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/499421.html)

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 06:07 AM
He is gun shy and maybe if he didn't play like it we wouldn't have to talk about it so much. Welcome to the NFL Trent.

Marvelous
11-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Funny how Turk views him as the heir to Jimbo himself. /rolleseyes

ddaryl
11-20-2008, 07:48 AM
we've committed to trent we have to let him figure it out. Can't keep playing the QB swap game....

I'm still worried about his head and the concussion, if that's the case he should sit until the fog clears.

djjimkelly
11-20-2008, 07:50 AM
hes already playing like **** now enter bad weather to make it worse

OpIv37
11-20-2008, 08:17 AM
He can say whatever the hell he wants.

His play on the field clearly shows that he's gun-shy.

Night Train
11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
we've committed to trent we have to let him figure it out. Can't keep playing the QB swap game....

I'm still worried about his head and the concussion, if that's the case he should sit until the fog clears.

Which is wierd because his only good game in the last 7 starts was the Chargers game, after the Bye. He was missing for long streches against the Raiders & Rams, prior to the head shot.

He's locking on to his primary, allowing the CB to jump it. He cannot see a passing lane at all. Then his shattered confidence has him doing the Holcomb checkdown at warp speed.

We better cover our backside this coming off-season. Bring in 1-2 QB Vets if he cannot recover. Evans is going to waste.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 08:47 AM
He was more than happy to talk to the media and go on National shows like PTI when he was being touted as an MVP candidate, what happened Trent? Maybe his head got a little big...

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 08:50 AM
The best part of all this Trent stuff are the clips of Lee Evans on Tuesday night and the clips of Edwards on Wednesday. Edwards is saying the complete opposite of Evans. It's actually pretty funny.

Philagape
11-20-2008, 08:58 AM
The best part of all this Trent stuff are the clips of Lee Evans on Tuesday night and the clips of Edwards on Wednesday. Edwards is saying the complete opposite of Evans. It's actually pretty funny.

That's why things players and coaches say to the media can't be believed as gospel

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 09:08 AM
actions speak louder than words. Trent was gun shy.

Trent is young, he'll see defenses he's never seen before..... So how do you explain Quinn? He's definitely a lot younger than Trent in terms of NFL experience.
Why didn't we do the same defensively vs. Quinn. If we did why is it he was able to do better than Trent?

Trent was facing a bottom of the league D. Sad excuse.

Flacco anyone? He had a better game than TE against THE GIANTS.

turk

“They sat in the same coverage the whole time. They were going to make us run the football. That’s what they did. Once we recognized it, we got to the run game and had a good night running.”
No chit Sherlock. You were playing the leagues 28th run D. I'd like to hear you talk about that vs. the top rush D's in this league.

But Schonert gave Edwards credit for adjusting as the game wore on, and the dump-off throws to running back Marshawn Lynch worked. Lynch had 10 catches for 58 yards. we want points. We want results . We want wins not blah,blah blah.

“If there’s nothing downfield I can’t force it,” he said. “That’s what was happening on those two interceptions. I don’t think that’s fear, I think I made the mistakes by forcing the ball down the field. That’s the same defense they ran the whole game. So I don’t think I need to keep throwing into coverage and keep putting myself in bad positions.”
but you can force it 5-10 yards out for INt's?

read next comment

“It wasn’t that we didn’t try. He was open three, four times down the field and Trent went elsewhere with the ball. Believe me, I try to get him the ball. He’s our money guy. One [pass for Evans] got tipped. Trent, like I said, misread a couple and didn’t get it to him.” tell Trent to take his chances downfield. I'd rather have int's 40 yards deep than 5 yards out giving the opponents great field position.

“You see Peyton Manning do it all the time,” Schonert said. “They just play Cover 2, Cover 2 and drop eight [in coverage], and he just keeps hitting Joseph Addai or whoever is his running back, and that’s his leading receiver. Duh! At least Manning can hit his targets when he dumps off. FYI, if you're watching Peyton you should realize that he runs play action all the time especially when they are running the ball well. How bout' you take a page out of thier playbook instead of drooling over Peyton.

“The hardest thing that’s happened to me — this happened earlier in the season and it’s happened the past couple games — is that I’m preparing for defenses that we’re not really getting on Sundays or Monday nights,” Edwards said. And you didn't learn from that? I though you were smart. Someone forgot to tell Trent thats a normal thing in the NFL.

. That’s what he’s got to learn. When we go into the game against Kansas City, don’t hold back.”
it should've been that way from day 1. So Turk, what game tapes are you going to use to prepare for KC. The game vs. the saints? What if KC doesn't use the same game plan they used last week , is your qb going to come outr and say" well, they didn't use the same defensively gameplan we thought they'd use" as an excuse?

Historian
11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
He cannot see a passing lane at all. .

It's like watching Flutie back there with all the batted balls...

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 09:28 AM
It's like watching Flutie back there with all the batted balls...
except Flutie was 5'9 and still did a better job. So if you add the batted balls and dinking sidways to Lynch, Trent is a morph of the bad qualities of both Flutie and Robosack.

I still think Trent can overcome this. He just needs to stop making excuses and just play with balls.

Marvelous
11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Dont give me that "concussion concerns" BS! The dude threw 3 ints outta like his 1st 8 passes... I agree that swapping QB's is silly, but how long does confidence stand when he plays like that????

-Whover mentioned "Cold Weather" is dead on..Who remembers him against Cleveland last year>?

-These Cali QB's man...

-seems like we have a good young team.. Us sticking it out with Trent is great but if he bust then we're screwed...
---Either way i want insurance.. Remember how screwed we were when we didnt have a backup for Bledsoe?

--Id QB is the make or break us position, then how is it not worthy of our#1 offseason goal? Dmn straight i'm talking 1st round or free agent etc...

shelby
11-20-2008, 10:20 AM
i agree that Trent played like crap in cold weather at the end of last season.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 10:40 AM
That's why things players and coaches say to the media can't be believed as gospel

I guess.

All it showed me was that TE is full of crap.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 10:40 AM
i agree that Trent played like crap in cold weather at the end of last season.

Again, his best statistical game of his career was played in a cold snowy game.

Tatonka
11-20-2008, 11:11 AM
the pass to hardy on the 2nd int was not forced.. it was a terrible throw 4 feet behind him.