PDA

View Full Version : I am all but prepared to give up on the Bills...

ublinkwescore
11-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I am starting to believe that this team will never win a superbowl - much less make the playoffs as long as Ralph Wilson is our owner. these are sad times for me, but this team has done nothing but brake my heart year in and year out. Dick Jauron is not the answer at head coach, and as long as Wilson is the owner of this team, we will not have a viable head coach. It's as simple as that.

I've already started inviting co-workers over to watch their teams play so I can at least get some money's worth out of NFL Sunday Ticket.

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Deserters will be shot on sight!

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Atleast we've improved enormously from the last 2 years. I just hope to God we start doing things to make this team more interesting, win or lose. We need to start spicing things up a little around here. Even the games that we've won, it's been like watching paint dry! Don't get me wrong, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week but for crying out loud I want to be entertained.

trapezeus
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
1. i'd take an entertaining game over the borefests we've seen for 8 years running now.

2. i'd like to dominate one or two games a year so that people would look at the team as a real threat.

3. i'd like to beat the patriots back into suckiness.

4. i still think that we are due something. i knew the second hte phillies won that there would be trouble. they stole our thunder. damn them.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I am starting to believe that this team will never win a superbowl - much less make the playoffs as long as Ralph Wilson is our owner. these are sad times for me, but this team has done nothing but brake my heart year in and year out. Dick Jauron is not the answer at head coach, and as long as Wilson is the owner of this team, we will not have a viable head coach. It's as simple as that.

I've already started inviting co-workers over to watch their teams play so I can at least get some money's worth out of NFL Sunday Ticket.

You don't know what pain is. Many of us lived through the 2-14 years and we are still here.

Pain is part of being a Bills fan.

Suck it up. Until you are dead there is always next year.

raphael120
11-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Atleast we've improved enormously from the last 2 years. I just hope to God we start doing things to make this team more interesting, win or lose. We need to start spicing things up a little around here. Even the games that we've won, it's been like watching paint dry! Don't get me wrong, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week but for crying out loud I want to be entertained.

We've improved enormously from the last 2 years?

......based on what? I see another 7-9 team, brother.

mchurchfie
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I will never give up on them, but I have accepted the fact that until they get a new coaching regime in here we will be mediocre at best.

shelby
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Reverse bandwagon jumping.
Booooo.

:down:

ublinkwescore
11-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I will never give up on them, but I have accepted the fact that until they get a new coaching regime in here we will be mediocre at best.

You mean until Ralph Wilson croaks - he's the East Coast Al Davis.

ublinkwescore
11-20-2008, 02:35 PM
F*** football - this sport is rigged anyways.

look at that BS call that went in favor of the Jets on the kickoff where we got an illegal procedure - you're not allowed to step out of bounds, and then be the first one to touch the ball in bounds. that should have been a penalty against the jets.

I'm done.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2008, 02:46 PM
quiter

OpIv37
11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
there is always next year.

the official motto of the Buffalo Bills!

X-Era
11-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Ive reached a similar place this week.

This is my team, I root for them every day by posting, talking, or thinking about them. Ive been this way for almost 2 decades. Its in-grained in who I am at this point.

Aftyer this last loss , I started to think about something I have never thought about before as a Bills fan... purposely NOT watch the next game. I then started thinking about more and more about what all that means.

After so long, through so much, could it be time to just find a new team?

But I guess I realized that there is no way that I could watch the draft and not care about who the Bills got while rooting for some new team. I just cant see any way I could change. I dont think its possible for me to truly ditch the Bills.

And then came a new thought that I had never really thought or believed before. Maybe it just sucks to be a Bills fan.

Maybe that's just part of the deal... even if you have a first child and it has down syndrome, you still love them anyway.

Being a Bills fan is like having a kid with down syndrome... or something. Maybe you love them, but they are still ******ed.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2008, 03:20 PM
the official motto of Buffalo sports teams!

I corrected this for you.

You can thank me later.

OpIv37
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I corrected this for you.

You can thank me later.

The worst part is that both of these teams teased us by getting off to great starts (there's still time for the Sabres, but right now it's not looking good).

I know, the objective, analytical side of me was critical even when we were 5-1, but the fan side of me was thinking "what a great start- it will take an epic collapse to screw this season up." Well, guess what?

So typical of Buffalo sports teams- get our hopes up just so it hurts that much more when they kick us in the nuts.

yordad
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
F*** football - this sport is rigged anyways.

look at that BS call that went in favor of the Jets on the kickoff where we got an illegal procedure - you're not allowed to step out of bounds, and then be the first one to touch the ball in bounds. that should have been a penalty against the jets.

I'm done.Thats what I thought. But do ya got a link?

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:31 PM
You mean until Ralph Wilson croaks - he's the East Coast Al Davis.
Once Wilson finally goes I might start enjoying the Bills again.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Once Wilson finally goes I might start enjoying the Bills again.
Yeah but there is a chance they will no longer be the Bills. :(

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah but there is a chance they will no longer be the Bills. :(
I thought you said there was no chance that they move?