PDA

View Full Version : Sully ripping Jauron a new one in chat

patmoran2006
11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Pair of comments I lifted from Jerry Sullivan’s chat today in Bflo News. SPOT ON man. What do you think?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Sully: I called Jauron a lame duck in today's column. I don't know what Ralph Wilson is thinking, but I hear he was furious after the Browns game. He was embarrassed on Monday Night Football and he doesn't take those things well. Jauron is wearing thin with me. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. It actually gets tiresome, calling for coaches to be fired. I did it with Phillips, with Williams, with Mularkey. I wanted Jauron to succeed. And I know management desperately wanted it. But he's just not good enough. His game day decisions are as bad as I've ever seen. I don't care if he went to Yale. He's not nearly as smart as people have been led to believe.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Sully: Edwards is having his problems, yes. He's having a crisis of confidence and he's not as far along as I thought. But the bigger problem is Jauron's inadequacy as a head coach. The squandered timeouts, the blown challenges, the lack of adjustments, the players saying they weren't prepared for certain things, the wishy-washy way he speaks in public -- it's all very alarming. NFL coaches are supposed to be sharp and decisive in the moment. It comes with the territory, and few coaches are good at it. I'm convinced he's not one of them.<o:p></o:p>

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:36 PM
For as much as I hate the Steelers and everything in Pittsburgh, there is no coach I want more in Buffalo than Bill Cowher. They would instantly be a playoff team with that guy on the sidelines.

ddaryl
11-20-2008, 12:47 PM
For as much as I hate the Steelers and everything in Pittsburgh, there is no coach I want more in Buffalo than Bill Cowher. They would instantly be a playoff team with that guy on the sidelines.

I agree... but Cowher would scare Ralphy because Cowher wouldn't take no crap from him...

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Ralph is getting pretty old these days. If he ever plans on seeing his team win the Super Bowl he might as well just shut up and hire the best guy and let that guy take control of the team. If it's his ego that is preventing him from hiring a guy like Cowher than he has some serious issues.

Jeff1220
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Cowher will be coaching the Cowboys next year. Money talks.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't think Cowher can do it for us. We still lack a lot of talent in key areas.

Typ0
11-20-2008, 12:51 PM

I'd toss DJ off the bus in a heartbeat for Cowher...but instead it will be Joe Schmuck who was the linebacker coach for a pop warner team previously.

Typ0
11-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't think Cowher can do it for us. We still lack a lot of talent in key areas.

We're not that far away especially if Edwards turns things around. We are lacking some talent but we have a lot of talent too.

shelby
11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Sullivan has a point.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:56 PM

I completely disagree. I can't tell you how many times I didn't think the Steelers were very good and somehow they kept winning games and kept going to the playoffs.

Let me make this point. A Bill Cowher led team went to the playoffs with Kordell Stewart as the starting QB and also with Tommy Maddox as the starting QB. Seriously.

Not to mention Bill Cowher respects the power running game and would get the most out of Lynch.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 12:56 PM

There is no way that happens.

THATHURMANATOR
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
There is no way Cowher will ever coach the Bills unfortunately.

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 01:04 PM
There is no way Cowher will ever coach the Bills unfortunately.

I know. It's a dream scenario.

Jeff1220
11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd like some Marty-ball in Buffalo please!

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Listen, I like Jauron but the bottom line is you don't need to be an ivy league scholar to make the right decisions on Sunday. Football is just a game, everybody here has played it at some level and to be honest, the smartest kids on the team usually rode the bench! I'm not giving up on Jauron or Edwards yet, I'm giving Jauron the rest of the season to prove himself and Edwards midway into next season but we need to have a plan B in place in case Edwards fails.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Listen, I like Jauron but the bottom line is you don't need to be an ivy league scholar to make the right decisions on Sunday. Football is just a game, everybody here has played it at some level and to be honest, the smartest kids on the team usually rode the bench! I'm not giving up on Jauron or Edwards yet, I'm giving Jauron the rest of the season to prove himself and Edwards midway into next season but we need to have a plan B in place in case Edwards fails.

Well, I don't want to defend Jauron, but he was also a very good defensive back in his playing days in the NFL. He's not some Ivy league dork who's never played the game.

Night Train
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I read the whole text. Hard to argue against his views on Jauron.

I do know Ralph talks to his best players in the hall outside the locker room most every post game. They tell him straight & I bet Evans gave him an earload. Sully said Wilson was fuming after the game.

raphael120
11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
We have all that money from Toronto right....give it to Cowher.

bigbub2352
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I have to agree with draftboy, i would luv Cowher here in a heart beat he would answer all the problems on the feild and in the front office
That being said Ralph is too cheap and would get out bid for him
Man could u see the hope and season tickets fly off the shelf if we fired Skeletor (DJ) and hired Cowher

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I completely disagree. I can't tell you how many times I didn't think the Steelers were very good and somehow they kept winning games and kept going to the playoffs.

Let me make this point. A Bill Cowher led team went to the playoffs with Kordell Stewart as the starting QB and also with Tommy Maddox as the starting QB. Seriously.

Not to mention Bill Cowher respects the power running game and would get the most out of Lynch.

Thats only one position they also had a very good RB, one of the best OL's in all of football and tenacious front sevens. Two of those three we severly lack. Like Ive said all along it starts up top with getting a real GM to hire a real coach to get coach real talent!

RockStar36
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Thats only one position they also had a very good RB, one of the best OL's in all of football and tenacious front sevens. Two of those three we severly lack. Like Ive said all along it starts up top with getting a real GM to hire a real coach to get coach real talent!

Cowher was largely responsible for building those areas of the team. He would do it here in Buffalo too.

yordad
11-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Heck, I think I could lead this squad to the playoffs, so I'm certain Cowher could.

Oh, did I mention Dick sucks.

djjimkelly
11-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Sullivan has a point.

i had same point 25-30 games ago :)

Mr. Pink
11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Dick is a terrible gameday coach that can't be denied. But it doesn't matter who the coach is when you have inferior talent to your competition. In case you forgot boys and girls our team last year overachieved to get to 7-9.

The team this year, isn't much better than last year.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Cowher was largely responsible for building those areas of the team. He would do it here in Buffalo too.

I dont disagree but you said that Cowher means instant playoffs. I disagree with that part of your statement. I think he's a HUGE upgrade in a couple years we would be a real competitor but not immediately.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 05:06 PM
We're not that far away especially if Edwards turns things around. We are lacking some talent but we have a lot of talent too.

OL, DL, WR Depth, TE, S, and LB

Where do you see the talent there? Peters, Stroud, Mitchell and .....?

Joe Fo Sho
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I dont disagree but you said that Cowher means instant playoffs. I disagree with that part of your statement. I think he's a HUGE upgrade in a couple years we would be a real competitor but not immediately.

We should've traded for Favre, then we'd have been in the playoffs this year.

Nighthawk
11-20-2008, 05:09 PM

This team would make the playoffs in the first year Cowher was HC...no doubt.

FlyingDutchman
11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Please bring in Marty Shottenhiemer

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Why would he go to Buffalo? Talk about career suicide.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
OL, DL, WR Depth, TE, S, and LB

Where do you see the talent there? Peters, Stroud, Mitchell and .....?
Lynch, Greer, and that's about it.

yordad
11-20-2008, 06:32 PM
So Lee, McKelvin, Parrish, Hardy, Reed, Dockery, JP, Edwards, Poz, Whitner, Youboty, Schobel, Moorman, Jackson.... talentless?

I disagree.

Heck, even McCargo has "talent".

Jeff1220
11-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I think Marty is a realistic replacement if Jauron's fate is as we foresee. The guy was a Bill, he is almost guaranteed to get his teams to the playoffs, and Marty ball is perfect for the environment of Buffalo. PLus, I'd love to see him and the Bills cast away their demons together...that would be great to watch.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-20-2008, 09:41 PM
there is no way on gods green earth that ralph is going to fire dick. aint happening. 0% chance. none . nill. nadda.

he coaches out his extension and we just keep meandering till ralph dies. then its off to canada and no more WNY football.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-20-2008, 09:42 PM
plus... yeah! Marty " NEVER won in the playoffs" Schotenheimer... how long till we throw him under the snowplow?

SpillerThrills
11-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I love how we have 2 young guys at TE, yet everyone says that we need help there and that should be one of our priorities in the draft...... we have Fine and Schouman, let them get alittle time under their belt before we concider them busts!

tat2dmike77
11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Ralph is getting pretty old these days. If he ever plans on seeing his team win the Super Bowl he might as well just shut up and hire the best guy and let that guy take control of the team. If it's his ego that is preventing him from hiring a guy like Cowher than he has some serious issues.

To bad penny pintcher wilson won't pay for a coach.

I do hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat my words i really do. But look at his track record and the old saying goes you can't teach a old dog new tricks and ralph is as old as it gets.

tat2dmike77
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
there is no way on gods green earth that ralph is going to fire dick. aint happening. 0% chance. none . nill. nadda.

he coaches out his extension and we just keep meandering till ralph dies. then its off to canada and no more WNY football.

Jim Kelly won't let that happen

Ingtar33
11-20-2008, 11:29 PM

yes

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 11:31 PM

Didnt they already say that Garret there OC will be?

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Didnt they already say that Garret there OC will be?
No, they said no such thing, don't spread lies.

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Cowher will never coach in Dallas. That much is for certain.

And I never said Cowher will come to Buffalo. There are a combination of factors that prevent this from happening. However, if I were to have my way, he would be the coach. He is the perfect coach for what this team needs.

I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Marty but he isn't my ideal choice either. I'm so tired of new guys who can't coach or old idiots that have never won in their life. And don't give me that crap about Dick's 13-3 season. If that wasn't the single luckiest season in NFL history I don't know what was.

madness
11-21-2008, 08:57 AM

That pretty much says it all. Inferior talent can win with a dominate DL and OL. All the talent in the world can't make up for those two areas. A team may win here and there but they'll never be consistent.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Cowher will never coach in Dallas. That much is for certain.

And I never said Cowher will come to Buffalo. There are a combination of factors that prevent this from happening. However, if I were to have my way, he would be the coach. He is the perfect coach for what this team needs.

I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Marty but he isn't my ideal choice either. I'm so tired of new guys who can't coach or old idiots that have never won in their life. And don't give me that crap about Dick's 13-3 season. If that wasn't the single luckiest season in NFL history I don't know what was.
Get used to it, they come cheap.

yordad
11-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I love how we have 2 young guys at TE, yet everyone says that we need help there and that should be one of our priorities in the draft...... we have Fine and Schouman, let them get alittle time under their belt before we concider them busts!I don't think you can call them bust. No one expected them to do good.

Akhippo
11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
First Marty isnt coaching anymore. He said it himself.

Cowher would not only make buffalo good but make them viable. Cowher is a media darling, which means Buffalo would actually get some more attention.

Plus he is a winner, Hes fiery, Hes blue collar.

What more do you want?

I dont think buffalo would move anywhere if Cowher was coach.
Just think, Kelly owning the team and Cowher coaching. I could actually lift my head when we play the pats. Oh the pats owner and the pats coach. Whatever.