PDA

View Full Version : You want a coach, ralph wants him cheap

trapezeus
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Turner Gil really has put together a decent program in UB, there are a lot of college teams with more cache that makes Turner Gil a sure shot to leave buffalo. Wouldn't it be great if he could go to the Bills?

I don't really watch enough college football to know if this is a good idea, but what would you think?

Amazing that really bad Yale graduates with zero leadership abilities that find ways to ruin good things can pave the way for minorities to take their job.
:-)

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Saban is a great college coach but a crappy NFL coach.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Gill has shown good fire and almost had the job at Nebraska last year. I wouldnt be opposed to at least bringing him in for a look.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I would like to see him as a positional coach at the NFL level before becoming our HC. Going from coaching UB to the Bills is a quantum leap.

trapezeus
11-20-2008, 03:20 PM
all valid points so far.

but i think bringing the program along shows that he has an eye for talent and that he might not get a chance to have the best of the best, but he gets something out of the people he does bring in. The bills have had the top 8-15 pick quite a lot and none of these guys are showing they deserved to be picked there. maybe a coach who inherits these players knows how to get more out of them and in his future draft knows how to get players more ready for the league as he comes in.

he's a minority, so its worth bringing him in at the very least to be the rooney rule interview.

X-Era
11-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Turner Gil really has put together a decent program in UB, there are a lot of college teams with more cache that makes Turner Gil a sure shot to leave buffalo. Wouldn't it be great if he could go to the Bills?

I don't really watch enough college football to know if this is a good idea, but what would you think?

Amazing that really bad Yale graduates with zero leadership abilities that find ways to ruin good things can pave the way for minorities to take their job.
:-)

True upgrades or bust... so IMO, no.

cocamide
11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe Ralph can convince Congress that the Bills need some of this bailout money.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Pass, rarely does being good in college transfer over to the pros.

trapezeus
11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
i think coaches like saban struggle in the NFL because they recruited the best talent, play weak schools and then just need to show up for the last 5-6 games to get ranked.

Gil is different in the sense that he isn't with a great recruiting team, he is the team other teams should beat on early, but he has them playing competitively against schools they have no business being in the running with. So i really would think the bills should look at him if they do do a coaching change. like i said before, he is a minority candidate.

i'd rather go with someone like gil, than a OC/DC that has failed several times around the league.