X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MountainMan
    • Oct 2003

Never seen a Bill's QB more responsible

On a night in Buffalo that our return teams gave our offense 9 drive starts between the 38 and the 50 plus a TD; our running backs and OLine combined for 179 yards; our defense held all the extra Cleveland short field extra opportunites at bay and the Oline rarely allowed any pressure in PassPro, it's unimaginable that there are still fans insisting the finger should be pointed anywhere but QB.

The fact that Edwards was horrible Monday doesn't necessarily mean the team should be rewriting the depth chart at his position. At the same time with the record compiled by the California kid so far in cold games, any objective fan of the team has got to begin considering whether Trent will ever be effective in winter weather in Western New York.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Never seen a Bill's QB more responsible

It was Lindells fault. Ask Dummy.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      It was Lindells fault. Ask Dummy.

Agreed.

It was also Edwards fault, Jackson's fault for fumbling, the D's fault for letting Harrison run for a 72 yard TD, etc...

It's a team game. It's not baseball where pitchers get the W or L.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        Agreed.

It was also Edwards fault, Jackson's fault for fumbling, the D's fault for letting Harrison run for a 72 yard TD, etc...

It's a team game. It's not baseball where pitchers get the W or L.
        Then what the hell are you trying to prove with your signature stat?

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

He just turned 24 and hasnt even played a full season yet
          nothing to do with the fact our play calling is a joke
          Our offensive line finally gave him consistent protection for the 2nd time all season
          we have no clear cut number 2 wr
          we have no starting capable TE
          gotta play thru the growing pains all the great QBs did it
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            Then what the hell are you trying to prove with your signature stat?

take a guess
            sacrifice1

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

I seen a game where our QB could be asmuch to blame as the last game. It was last year vs. Dallas.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                I seen a game where our QB could be asmuch to blame as the last game. It was last year vs. Dallas.
                Yeah, a defense giving up two scores in 20 seconds is way more common and understandable.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  Yeah, a defense giving up two scores in 20 seconds is way more common and understandable.
                  the D didn't do as badly last monday so there's no blaming anyone but trent this time.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                    We scored 3 offensive points. He threw the losing Int. when all he had to do was throw an incompletion and they win. Don't even try it.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                      We scored 3 offensive points. He threw the losing Int. when all he had to do was throw an incompletion and they win. Don't even try it.
                      So "all he had to do" applies more to an interception -- which occurred with an 8-point lead and led to zero Dallas points -- than to giving up two scores in 20 seconds? There's nothing to "try."
                      It's only that kind of insanity that helps explain such creepy love for a bad quarterback.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

When you take into factor all the things we were able to do we haven't been able to do all year (drive starts, ST TD, run the ball, etc) and we still lose-- its on the QB. Its one of the worst performances I've ever seen when u factor the 3 INT and his unwillingness to throw the ball to anyone but Lynch in the flat.

And i've been a big time Trent guy.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• MountainMan
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

It's a team game.
                          But the team put in a very good to excellent game.

It was just one player who stunk from top to bottom, from beginning to end.

The shame is at the QB position, there's so much mental pampering that we didn't do what we might have done had it been a LB or WR absolutely polluting the field Monday- like most teams I'd hope we'd have pulled the player and given someone else a chance in order to win a game within our grasp instead of needlessly conceding the game due to some psychiatric exercise.

Then again, we didn't do that when Jauron wanted TMcGee to come back and we allowed another game to slip away without trading out for someone who offered a better chance on that day.

Maybe the biggest problem we're having this season is the team philosophy regarding replacing players, even if it's for spurts?

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

C'mon...let's go get him...seriously, this Lynch mob mentality is a little much. We made some huge mistakes in every facet of the game. Let me remind you...and I'm not defending Trent here, so keep that in mind.

The defense gave up 29 points. They gave up an 83 yard drive and a 94 yard drive, both for TDs. They didn't cause a single turnover. I'll give them props for damage control by only allowing 6 points off Trent's three turnovers in the first quarter, but the defense didn't really play all that great...let's face it. They had their moments, though.

You know that if you get a lot of kick-off returns, that means the other team is scoring often. Our kick-returns were excellent and got us a TD. Roscoe was great returning punts too...except for the one he botched, allowing Cleveland to down it at the one instead of us being on at least the 20 or so. Moorman did some good things, but Lindell is another story. He missed the field goal at the end, in which case you could totally blame the loss on him...but I wouldn't go that far because a 47 yarder isn't a gimme. I can only think of 2 game winners this guy has kicked in 5 and a half years in Buffalo...I still question his ability in the clutch. Apart from that, Lindell actually kicked the ball out of bounds at the Cleveland 43 yard line on one of his kickoffs. How bad was THAT?

On offense, Freddie Jackson fumbled the ball at the Cleveland 28...that cost us points. On a different drive, Steve Johnson dropped an easy short pass on 3rd down at the Cleveland 40, causing us to punt...that most likely cost us points as well.

This is not even mentioning some of the horrendous coaching decisions we made.

Notice how I didn't talk about Trent in this post. But, to the thread-starter, if you really have never seen a QB more responsible for a loss, you haven't watched too much football or you are thirsting for someone's blood. There is plenty enough to bash Trent with without exaggerating or inventing things. If you want to see a QB more responsible for a loss, watch Brett Favre throw 6 interceptions in a playoff game against a not-so-good D. How about Jake Plummer? He threw 24 interceptions as opposed to 9 TDs one year, with a passer rating of 50.8...the examples are endless.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

“You only have a limited amount of preparation time, so you prepare for what they’ve shown you,” said Jauron. “If you tried to prepare for every potential defense that they could throw against you, you wouldn’t get any kind of repetitions against what they’ve done.”

They can prepare for the current opponent on the field, but what about the days they're not practicing? They should have him watching film on the various types of defenses. He could have done that on the bye week while he was resting from his injury. I'm sure they knew back then that they'd be facing the same defense 4 games in a row.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X