How rookies have played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

How rookies have played

Hardy- 23rd in rookie catches, 22 in rookie yards, tied for 4th in TDs
    Johnson- 26 in catches, 26 in yards
    Leodis- 10 in avr, 1st in nfl in yards, 2nd in 20+ kr, 2 in 40 + kr,
    Fine- all these are rookie compared to rookies, 6 in TE catches, 5th in TE yards, 4th in TDs (remember, hes only played in 4 games, everyone else has played in about 9 or more)
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Re: How rookies have played

Well that is a silver lining. Thanks.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mitchell59
      Hardy- 23rd in rookie catches, 22 in rookie yards, tied for 4th in TDs
      Johnson- 26 in catches, 26 in yards
      Leodis- 10 in avr, 1st in nfl in yards, 2nd in 20+ kr, 2 in 40 + kr,
      Fine- all these are rookie compared to rookies, 6 in TE catches, 5th in TE yards, 4th in TDs (remember, hes only played in 4 games, everyone else has played in about 9 or more)
      So other then kick returns, pretty minimal contributions.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EDS
        So other then kick returns, pretty minimal contributions.
        Which you could say about almost every rookie in this year's draft class. While I have to give credit to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco to their team's records I can't hold them directly responsible as Ryan has a great running game behind him and Flacco's got a great D behind him. Other then those two there hasn't been any really great rookie I can name as a difference maker. Though Matt Forte started the year off with a bang he's fizzled, Steve Sltanton's had his moments as has Kevin Smith. In terms of defensive rookies, I suppose Chris Long's done okay.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by The Jokeman
          Which you could say about almost every rookie in this year's draft class. While I have to give credit to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco to their team's records I can't hold them directly responsible as Ryan has a great running game behind him and Flacco's got a great D behind him. Other then those two there hasn't been any really great rookie I can name as a difference maker. Though Matt Forte started the year off with a bang he's fizzled, Steve Sltanton's had his moments as has Kevin Smith. In terms of defensive rookies, I suppose Chris Long's done okay.

Leodis and Croamartie has been the best defensive rookies and Forte, Johnson, Stewart, and the 2 qbs are the best Offensive rookies.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Leodis and Croamartie has been the best defensive rookies and Forte, Johnson, Stewart, and the 2 qbs are the best Offensive rookies.
            D'oh how could I forget about Chris Johnson? I guess because he's split time with White in Tennessee it's an easy over site.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Leodis and Croamartie has been the best defensive rookies.
              Leodis? Um.... no. Not so far.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman

I think you are forgetting a few people...Lets see here...

Have you seen much Falcons games this year (more specifically ATL v. CHI or OAK)? Ryan is the leader of the offense, and having Turner helps a lot but he makes plenty plays on his own. Can't speak for Flacco haven't seen many of his games.

Also RB wise you dont mention either Felix Jones or BenJarvus Green Ellis both of whom have played well thus far. (Jones is done for the year now but that doesnt discredit his efforts to date).

Also how can you not mention Eddie Royal, Desean Jackson, Donnie Avery, Jon Carlson, Dustin Keller, Jordy Nelson, or Josh Morgan as impact rookies thus far?

Also defensive you have guys like Trevor Scott, Alex Hall, Marcus Harrison, Kendall Langford, Chris Long, Jerrod Mayo, Curtis Lofton, Dwight Lowery, Chris Horton, Brandon Carr, Antoine Cason, Mike Jenkins, Kenny Phillips, Brandon Flowers, Glenn Dorsey, Keith Rivers as just a few of many other defensive players.

To say many rookies aren't having an impact is just way off base.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                  !?!?!?!?!?
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by yordad
                  Leodis? Um.... no. Not so far.
                  hasn't been OUTSTANDING...he looks like a solid rookie and a way above average kick returner

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Those two the best defensive rookies? Please. They are not event the two best defensive backs amongst rookies YTD.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                      Those two the best defensive rookies? Please. They are not event the two best defensive backs amongst rookies YTD.
                      DRC is the best DB amongst rookies so far. 21 tackles (20 solo), leads all rookies in PD in 11, and 2 INT's, one saved the game last week for Arizona. He's the top guy.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

I like McKelvin, I like Hardy and I like Fine. I am questioning the Ellis pick now, though. She needs to be out on the field, we are really thin at DE and she should've had little trouble atleast seeing some snaps.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          I like McKelvin, I like Hardy and I like Fine. I am questioning the Ellis pick now, though. She needs to be out on the field, we are really thin at DE and she should've had little trouble atleast seeing some snaps.

She? Dude, if you stepped up to Chris ellis face to face you would piss your pants and make she, a compliment.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

She? Dude, if you stepped up to Chris ellis face to face you would piss your pants and make she, a compliment.
                            I've been called worst, I'd tell him to grow a pair for being such a pussy. What would he do? Beat me up? lol, already happened before, I'll still run my mouth after I get up. Too bad none of this would ever happen so I can say what I want, if Chris Ellis can read this he is in roundhouse kick range, so back the **** OFF.

Comment

• Lefty2985
                              • Mar 2004

ok mckelvin did good monday when greer went out i know it was the browns and all but i am pretty sure there wasnt a catch on the guy he was covering for 3 periods. the long ball in position to prevent the td and at the end of the game had a chance to get an int to seal the deal. i think he is improving a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X