PDA

View Full Version : How rookies have played

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Hardy- 23rd in rookie catches, 22 in rookie yards, tied for 4th in TDs
Johnson- 26 in catches, 26 in yards
Leodis- 10 in avr, 1st in nfl in yards, 2nd in 20+ kr, 2 in 40 + kr,
Fine- all these are rookie compared to rookies, 6 in TE catches, 5th in TE yards, 4th in TDs (remember, hes only played in 4 games, everyone else has played in about 9 or more)

shelby
11-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Well that is a silver lining. Thanks.

EDS
11-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Hardy- 23rd in rookie catches, 22 in rookie yards, tied for 4th in TDs
Johnson- 26 in catches, 26 in yards
Leodis- 10 in avr, 1st in nfl in yards, 2nd in 20+ kr, 2 in 40 + kr,
Fine- all these are rookie compared to rookies, 6 in TE catches, 5th in TE yards, 4th in TDs (remember, hes only played in 4 games, everyone else has played in about 9 or more)

So other then kick returns, pretty minimal contributions.

The Jokeman
11-20-2008, 06:24 PM
So other then kick returns, pretty minimal contributions.
Which you could say about almost every rookie in this year's draft class. While I have to give credit to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco to their team's records I can't hold them directly responsible as Ryan has a great running game behind him and Flacco's got a great D behind him. Other then those two there hasn't been any really great rookie I can name as a difference maker. Though Matt Forte started the year off with a bang he's fizzled, Steve Sltanton's had his moments as has Kevin Smith. In terms of defensive rookies, I suppose Chris Long's done okay.

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Which you could say about almost every rookie in this year's draft class. While I have to give credit to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco to their team's records I can't hold them directly responsible as Ryan has a great running game behind him and Flacco's got a great D behind him. Other then those two there hasn't been any really great rookie I can name as a difference maker. Though Matt Forte started the year off with a bang he's fizzled, Steve Sltanton's had his moments as has Kevin Smith. In terms of defensive rookies, I suppose Chris Long's done okay.

Leodis and Croamartie has been the best defensive rookies and Forte, Johnson, Stewart, and the 2 qbs are the best Offensive rookies.

The Jokeman
11-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Leodis and Croamartie has been the best defensive rookies and Forte, Johnson, Stewart, and the 2 qbs are the best Offensive rookies.
D'oh how could I forget about Chris Johnson? I guess because he's split time with White in Tennessee it's an easy over site.

yordad
11-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Leodis and Croamartie has been the best defensive rookies.Leodis? Um.... no. Not so far.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 07:09 PM

I think you are forgetting a few people...Lets see here...
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&seasonString=null&experience=0&tabSeq=0&Submit=Fin

Have you seen much Falcons games this year (more specifically ATL v. CHI or OAK)? Ryan is the leader of the offense, and having Turner helps a lot but he makes plenty plays on his own. Can't speak for Flacco haven't seen many of his games.

Also RB wise you dont mention either Felix Jones or BenJarvus Green Ellis both of whom have played well thus far. (Jones is done for the year now but that doesnt discredit his efforts to date).

Also how can you not mention Eddie Royal, Desean Jackson, Donnie Avery, Jon Carlson, Dustin Keller, Jordy Nelson, or Josh Morgan as impact rookies thus far?

Also defensive you have guys like Trevor Scott, Alex Hall, Marcus Harrison, Kendall Langford, Chris Long, Jerrod Mayo, Curtis Lofton, Dwight Lowery, Chris Horton, Brandon Carr, Antoine Cason, Mike Jenkins, Kenny Phillips, Brandon Flowers, Glenn Dorsey, Keith Rivers as just a few of many other defensive players.

To say many rookies aren't having an impact is just way off base.

BILLSROCK1212
11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Leodis? Um.... no. Not so far.
hasn't been OUTSTANDING...he looks like a solid rookie and a way above average kick returner

EDS
11-20-2008, 07:26 PM

Those two the best defensive rookies? Please. They are not event the two best defensive backs amongst rookies YTD.

DraftBoy
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Those two the best defensive rookies? Please. They are not event the two best defensive backs amongst rookies YTD.

DRC is the best DB amongst rookies so far. 21 tackles (20 solo), leads all rookies in PD in 11, and 2 INT's, one saved the game last week for Arizona. He's the top guy.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I like McKelvin, I like Hardy and I like Fine. I am questioning the Ellis pick now, though. She needs to be out on the field, we are really thin at DE and she should've had little trouble atleast seeing some snaps.

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I like McKelvin, I like Hardy and I like Fine. I am questioning the Ellis pick now, though. She needs to be out on the field, we are really thin at DE and she should've had little trouble atleast seeing some snaps.

She? Dude, if you stepped up to Chris ellis face to face you would piss your pants and make she, a compliment.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
She? Dude, if you stepped up to Chris ellis face to face you would piss your pants and make she, a compliment.

I've been called worst, I'd tell him to grow a pair for being such a pussy. What would he do? Beat me up? lol, already happened before, I'll still run my mouth after I get up. Too bad none of this would ever happen so I can say what I want, if Chris Ellis can read this he is in roundhouse kick range, so back the **** OFF.

Lefty2985
11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
ok mckelvin did good monday when greer went out i know it was the browns and all but i am pretty sure there wasnt a catch on the guy he was covering for 3 periods. the long ball in position to prevent the td and at the end of the game had a chance to get an int to seal the deal. i think he is improving a lot!

VeggieMan14
11-20-2008, 09:10 PM
I've been called worst, I'd tell him to grow a pair for being such a pussy. What would he do? Beat me up? lol, already happened before, I'll still run my mouth after I get up. Too bad none of this would ever happen so I can say what I want, if Chris Ellis can read this he is in roundhouse kick range, so back the **** OFF. damn i didnt no Chuck Norris was a Bills fan... how did we ever loose with him on our side?

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 09:19 PM
damn i didnt no Chuck Norris was a Bills fan... how did we ever loose with him on our side?

Chuck Norris would beat the piss out of Chris Ellis! Granted Ellis would suplex me onto my head but the only thing I'm really worried about is Mitchell sending me a bomb in the mail for insulting a Bills player.

VeggieMan14
11-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Chuck Norris would beat the piss out of Chris Ellis! Granted Ellis would suplex me onto my head but the only thing I'm really worried about is Mitchell sending me a bomb in the mail for insulting a Bills player.Chuck Norris would beat the piss out of anyone

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Chuck Norris would beat the piss out of anyone

Until Chuck Norris gets a bomb in the mail wrapped in a package labeled: "GO BILLS!!"

VeggieMan14
11-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Until Chuck Norris gets a bomb in the mail wrapped in a package labeled: "GO BILLS!!"Rlly? im pretty sure all bombs don't blow up until Chuck Norris says so

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Rlly? im pretty sure all bombs don't blow up until Chuck Norris says so

:roflmao:

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Chuck Norris would beat the piss out of Chris Ellis! Granted Ellis would suplex me onto my head but the only thing I'm really worried about is Mitchell sending me a bomb in the mail for insulting a Bills player.

Um, just dont look in the box untill 5:00 on sunday, and ignore the explosion.

CuseJetsFan83
11-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Um, just dont look in the box untill 5:00 on sunday, and ignore the explosion.

wow, enjoy being banned

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
wow, enjoy being banned

How would I get banned for that? He said a joke like I will put a bomb in his mail box and I jokingly agreed.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 11:12 PM
How would I get banned for that? He said a joke like I will put a bomb in his mail box and I jokingly agreed.

lol, it's ok, no offense taken.

Instead of bombing me, perhaps we should try to bait Belichick? Send him a package labeled: "Bills playbook."

Think he'd take the bait? :rofl:

Mitchell55
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
lol, it's ok, no offense taken.

Instead of bombing me, perhaps we should try to bait Belichick? Send him a package labeled: "Bills playbook."

Think he'd take the bait? :rofl:

If it didnt work for me 2 years ago on parcells I doubt it will work this year on Belicheck.:D: