PDA

View Full Version : Whitner and Greer out this week....

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:06 AM
The Buffalo News reports the Bills will be without SS Donte Whitner (shoulder) and CB Jabari Greer (knee) at Kansas City this week. Leodis McKelvin will fill in for Greer, and the Bills hope Bryan Scott will be healthy enough to take Whitner's place. This qualifies as an upgrade for all members of the Chiefs Tyler Thigpen-led spread offense.

OpIv37
11-21-2008, 10:07 AM
ouch.

Losing back to back games to Cleveland and KC is looking more and more like a reality....

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 10:12 AM
So you're saying I should start Thigpen in fantasy?

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:14 AM
So you're saying I should start Thigpen in fantasy?
I am, and Bowe.

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Actually I think I'm benching Thigpen. Without looking it up I believe I also have Romo on that same team against SF. I feel better about that match up.

Thurmal
We should still be able to win with McKelvin and Scott...this is the Bills, though.

What's the deal with all the Cowboys pictures?

TacklingDummy
Is it possible Scott and McKelvin are upgrades for the Bills?

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Actually I think I'm benching Thigpen. Without looking it up I believe I also have Romo on that same team against SF. I feel better about that match up.
Meh, that's a tough one, I'm still waiting another week on Romo.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Negative.

Dr. Lecter
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Scott? No. He is not better than Whitner.

McKelvin getting PT is a good long term thing for the Bills.

I am not as concerned about Thigpen as some are. For the most part, QBs have not carved up the Bills. Warner did, but he is doing that to everybody. Pennington did well, mostly against a gimpy McGee.

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I think McKelvin should be playing every week. At this point the playoffs are a pipe dream so they might as well see what they have with the first round pick. Judging by the secondary so far, I don't see them dropping off that much by putting him into the game. Plus, the Browns might not have even gotten their GW FG if McKelvin held on to that interception. He has the talent from what I've seen.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Scott? No. He is not better than Whitner.

McKelvin getting PT is a good long term thing for the Bills.

I am not as concerned about Thigpen as some are. For the most part, QBs have not carved up the Bills. Warner did, but he is doing that to everybody. Pennington did well, mostly against a gimpy McGee.
Yeah, but Thigpen is carving up better secondaries over the past month. This is not going to be a good game for the Bills secondary.

DraftBoy
11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Id start Thigpen without even thinking about it.

Scott isnt a bad replacement but he's also not 100%. McKelvin coming off a good week of coverage should be ok against Bradley oppositte Bowe. But Id look for KC to try and get Bowe on McKelvin at some point and exploit the rook.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Id start Thigpen without even thinking about it.

Scott isnt a bad replacement but he's also not 100%. McKelvin coming off a good week of coverage should be ok against Bradley oppositte Bowe. But Id look for KC to try and get Bowe on McKelvin at some point and exploit the rook.
Bowe is going to dominate that match-up. He's too physical for McKelvin.

JJamezz
11-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Guess they brought Whitner back a little too soon huh...

Dr. Lecter
11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Bowe is going to dominate that match-up. He's too physical for McKelvin.

If he is even matched up with McKelvin much.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 11:01 AM
If he is even matched up with McKelvin much.
Well, I'm assuming that DB is correct and KC will look for that match-up. Although they might be better off trying to after McGee.

madness
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
McGee will probably shadow Bowe like he did Edwards last week. Matchups aren't the issue here. KC has switched to a spread offense to suite Thigpen's strengths since he's been under center.

A spread offense is obviously not good news for Buffalo's depleted secondary.

Billiever86
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Whitner is awful....i have labeled him a bust until further notice....

but mckelvin has shown some promise as of late...i dont mind him getting some reps especially since he likes to be agressive and thigpen isnt a deep machine

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Whitner is awful....i have labeled him a bust until further notice....

but mckelvin has shown some promise as of late...i dont mind him getting some reps especially since he likes to be agressive and thigpen isnt a deep machine
If Whitner is a bust at this point then approximately 90% of all 1st rounders are busts too.