Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Tony Dungy's coaching tree

MArinelli
    Herm
    Smith
    Tomlin.

They may be good coordinators as headcoaches... not impressed. I'm not even that impressed with Dungy's Colts.

If it wasn't for Peyton MAnning I doubt they would've ever won a sb. Dunggy's cover 2 hasn't been the strength of the colts. It's always been Manning and the O.

The jury is still out on Tomlin though. He inherited a good team from Cowher.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-21-2008, 02:50 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Tony Dungy's coaching tree

Tomlin is a good coach.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

dungy is just as passive as jauron but has the good fortune of bill polian who knows how to put a football team together with or without a salary cap.

dungy and jauron are practically the same game day coach. questionable calls, no fire, players love him, super conservative for no reason at all.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
        Tomlin is a good coach.
        so far which is why I said jury is still out. We'll see in the next year.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
          dungy is just as passive as jauron but has the good fortune of bill polian who knows how to put a football team together with or without a salary cap.

dungy and jauron are practically the same game day coach. questionable calls, no fire, players love him, super conservative for no reason at all.
          If Wilson wants to win he should ***** slap his daughter and beg Polian to come back.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Except Dungy was successful in Tampa as well. And not in the Dick Jauron one year I got lucky type of successful.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              Except Dungy was successful in Tampa as well. And not in the Dick Jauron one year I got lucky type of successful.
              Thank you for saying that. Everytime someone argues about Jauron they bring up that 13-3 season where the Bears were the luckiest team in the history of the NFL.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                Thank you for saying that. Everytime someone argues about Jauron they bring up that 13-3 season where the Bears were the luckiest team in the history of the NFL.
                They really were that year. Mike Brown played better than any SS has ever played.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  If Wilson wants to win he should ***** slap his daughter and beg Polian to come back.
                  or polian's son who is a high level colts guy and has been there for a while. i'm sure he's ready to want to come out and be a full GM. Those guys are still in Buffalo a lot. I met them at a fund raiser last year. And they love this area.

So it's not like they took their anger vs ralph against the community as well.

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

so far which is why I said jury is still out. We'll see in the next year.
                    Jury's still out on that one. It's hard to judge a guy when he was handed a superbowl quality team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Dunggy was successful because people didn't know the cover2 back then. The league has caught up with it and it's been beaten a lot since then.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

or polian's son who is a high level colts guy and has been there for a while. i'm sure he's ready to want to come out and be a full GM. Those guys are still in Buffalo a lot. I met them at a fund raiser last year. And they love this area.

So it's not like they took their anger vs ralph against the community as well.
                        unfortunately , Ralph is still the owner and doubt he will swallow his pride and hire a Polian.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Dunggy was successful because people didn't know the cover2 back then. The league has caught up with it and it's been beaten a lot since then.

Really?

The Tampa 2 is actually the defense the Steel Curtain played during the Steelers glory years. Tony Dungy played for the Steelers at the time and adopted the philosophy to his coaching style.

Teams a decade ago were familiar with the defense as the Steelers were running it 30 years ago.

If you're unsure about this and don't want to take my word for it, do some research on Dungy. He even laughs that it gets called the "tampa 2"

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Really?

The Tampa 2 is actually the defense the Steel Curtain played during the Steelers glory years. Tony Dungy played for the Steelers at the time and adopted the philosophy to his coaching style.

Teams a decade ago were familiar with the defense as the Steelers were running it 30 years ago.

If you're unsure about this and don't want to take my word for it, do some research on Dungy. He even laughs that it gets called the "tampa 2"
                            I wish people would also stop referring it as the "cover 2".

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Tomlin doesnt deserve to be on your list, he's proven himself to a lot of people and to myself. Plus he gets animated on the sidelines too.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X