PDA

View Full Version : So, seriously, what happens if we lose to the 1-9 Chiefs?

bluerosekiller
11-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Obviously, it would be the nadir of what is shaping up to being a gut wrenchingly disappointing season. But, what would the ramifications be?
Would Ralph FINALLY have seen enough & pull the plug on the Dick Jauron "era"? Or would we have to suffer through 'til the end of the season after a free fall to yet another losing record?

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Then we'll all push "post thread" three times!

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I'll shrug and make something to eat. At this point nothing will phase me. After last week this season is shot and I refuse to get all worked up over it.

OpIv37
11-21-2008, 10:59 AM
If we lose to the Chiefs, Jauron better get fired before he even leaves the field.

shelby
11-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Zone wide suicide watch!

:hang:

i would be pissed for about 10 minutes. Then i would laugh. Hysterically.

JJamezz
11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
If we lose to the Chiefs, Jauron better get fired before he even leaves the field.

And that's exactly why we don't lose this game.. If its one thing the Bills coaching staffs have been good at it's doing just enough to hold onto their jobs while keeping the fans in agony..

TacklingDummy
11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
But, what would the ramifications be?

the Lions would become a lock to get the 1st pick in the draft.

The Bills would move up the draft board.

yordad
11-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I expect the Bills to lose to the Chiefs. And, I expect them to do nothing after doing it.

Cleve
11-21-2008, 11:36 AM
And that's exactly why we don't lose this game.. If its one thing the Bills coaching staffs have been good at it's doing just enough to hold onto their jobs while keeping the fans in agony..

That's certainly the truth. The Ralph Wilson formula for "success" in the post-Superbowl Era certainly seems to be -

A. waste 2-3 years on a mediocre coach and staff.

B. Replace them with an equally mediocre coach and staff.

C. Repeat steps A & B.

So do Bills fans hope for a win at Arrowhead? Or a loss? Maybe the latter would be better in the long run because it might be the end of Jauron?

Patti120
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
i would be pissed for about 10 minutes. Then i would laugh. Hysterically.

Sounds about right!

DraftBoy
11-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Id chuckle to myself and then go on my date.

Nighthawk
11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
If we lose to the Chiefs, Jauron should not even be allowed on the plane home. Leave him in KC and let them figure out what to do with him.

trapezeus
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
if i owned this team, if expect my team to come out and crush this chiefs team. we've made every game but the cardinals game close, but coaching mistakes have lost us at least 3 of the last 4 games. these boneheaded mistakes can't continue. even a close win with wasted timeouts, unnecessary number of penalties, not having the ability to apply the knockout blow, makes me very weary that this coach can't get it done.

I need a win by at least 10 or else the coaching staff gets shaken up.

bluerosekiller
11-21-2008, 12:21 PM
That's certainly the truth. The Ralph Wilson formula for "success" in the post-Superbowl Era certainly seems to be -

A. waste 2-3 years on a mediocre coach and staff.

B. Replace them with an equally mediocre coach and staff.

C. Repeat steps A & B.

So do Bills fans hope for a win at Arrowhead? Or a loss? Maybe the latter would be better in the long run because it might be the end of Jauron?

At this point, the only thing that gives me hope is Jerry Sullivan's report that old man Ralph was royally pissed after Monday night's game. Which may mean that he'll be motivated enough to make some big changes should we drop this game.

I'm usually against making changes just for change's sake, but these past few weeks have just been ridiculous. Dick looks totally lost out there & his indecision & inability to get anything done out there is being reflected in the team & it's players. In the first six weeks of the season they were pumped up coming out of the gate, believed in themselves & were finding ways to pull victory out of defeat. Now, they're finding ways to lose. And they've adopted that identity from their coach.

But, even if Wilson cans Jauron, where does he find a replacement?
Does he call in someone like a Marty that he might be able to plug in there right away? Or does he have one of the assistants take over 'til the end of the year & then search for a new head coach?

And, will the frustration of having to go through the process of finding yet another new head coach FINALLY motivate him to open his wallet wider & bring in a proven winner? I mean, DAMN, these are undeniably his final few years on the planet, what's he waiting for?

billsburgh
11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I think I would probably kick my dog and then beat my kids

Nighthawk
11-21-2008, 12:25 PM
At this point, the only thing that gives me hope is Jerry Sullivan's report that old man Ralph was royally pissed after Monday night's game. Which may mean that he'll be motivated enough to make some big changes should we drop this game.

I'm usually against making changes just for change's sake, but these past few weeks have just been ridiculous. Dick looks totally lost out there & his indecision & inability to get anything done out there is being reflected in the team & it's players. In the first six weeks of the season they were pumped up coming out of the gate, believed in themselves & were finding ways to pull victory out of defeat. Now, they're finding ways to lose. And they've adopted that identity from their coach.

But, even if Wilson cans Jauron, where does he find a replacement?
Does he call in someone like a Marty that he might be able to plug in there right away? Or does he have one of the assistants take over 'til the end of the year & then search for a new head coach?

And, will the frustration of having to go through the process of finding yet another new head coach FINALLY motivate him to open his wallet wider & bring in a proven winner? I mean, DAMN, these are undeniably his final few years on the planet, what's he waiting for?

I just don't know if he cares anymore. It seems the only thing he does care about is how fat his wallet gets. The burning desire to win a SB just isn't there.

madness
11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Probably just more excuses. In fact, I don't think the season is going to change unless we get to April.

blackonyx89
11-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Obviously, it would be the nadir of what is shaping up to being a gut wrenchingly disappointing season. But, what would the ramifications be?
Would Ralph FINALLY have seen enough & pull the plug on the Dick Jauron "era"? Or would we have to suffer through 'til the end of the season after a free fall to yet another losing record?

Buffalo would implode, just kidding.

feldspar
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm beyond the need for anyone to take away my belt and shoelaces with a loss, even to the Chiefs.

I expect to win...I'll also expect to hear all of the "if we win out" talk that we hear every year, and I'll actually start to believe it, just like I do every year. But it's just a big tease.

patmoran2006
11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I expect the Bills to lose to the Chiefs. And, I expect them to do nothing after doing it.
I dont expect them to lose.

But I do agree about you if they do.

if they lose.. YOu'll see the same unemotional press conference with Dick Jauron. You'll hear Trent Edwards in the same stoic manner as always.. Lee Evans will not talk to the media until he has a day to get his thoughts together, etc etc.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Honestly, I'd be more surprised by a Bills' win this weekend than I will be when they lose.

I'm debating not even taping the game, so I don't have to waste my time watching it when I get back from watching Detroit get it's first win.

Ed
11-21-2008, 04:15 PM
My dwindling hopes for a playoff season will officially be dead. Which is saying a lot because I'm a pretty big optimist year in and year out. And I'll officially start focusing all my sports energy on college basketball and my UConn Huskies.

Go Huskies!

Cntrygal
11-21-2008, 06:54 PM
:sigh:

It would be a long trip home.......................