PDA

View Full Version : Are Buffalo teams doomed to being a losers? This city's a black hole of failure!

blackonyx89
11-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Is there a light at the end of this dark tunnel of shattered dreams? Be honest.
I just don't know sometimes.

THATHURMANATOR
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Are you asking impossible to answer questions again?

OpIv37
11-21-2008, 12:10 PM
the only hope is when this team changes ownership, however, there's a good chance new ownership is going to take the team out of your question.

So, to answer your question, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but at some point we got turned around and we don't know if we're headed in the right direction. So when we get to the light, we may find that we're right back where we started.

trapezeus
11-21-2008, 12:13 PM
it has to turn around eventually. it has to. it's just cruel for us not to get some sort of spoils from all this agony.

yordad
11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
No. This is not a tunnel. It is a hole. There is no light at the bottom of holes. Unless you count burning hot death by lava as a light.

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm so sick of this question and this attitude.

Buffalo only represents failure because so many people are willing to accept it and cry about it like Buffalo fans/residents are victims of something.

blackonyx89
11-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Are you asking impossible to answer questions again?

It's not impossible, it looks like reality to me, and still I press on with a heavy heart. :(

Nighthawk
11-21-2008, 12:27 PM
It's a matter of the owners that we've always had. We need an owner who is driven to be the best in the league and not just happy to make boat loads of money. There has to be a burning desire to succeed...it hasn't been there.

madness
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Anything is possible... if Philadelphia can pull one out if its ass...

I mean that literally, because the city is one big ass and still doesn't deserve a championship.

yordad
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM

Buffalo only represents failure because so many people are willing to accept it and cry about it like Buffalo fans/residents are victims of something.Well, I thought he was talking about the team, not the city.

The city is cool. It's just the team that sucks.

RockStar36
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I thought he was talking about the team, not the city.

The city is cool. It's just the team that sucks.

I guess he could be. I read the title that said the city is a black hole of failure.

It's only a black hole of failure because most people in Buffalo want to whine and cry about everything instead of sacking up and making it a better place. Buffalo would be a thriving city if everyone had the attitude of Thurm. Instead people sit around and want sympathy from everyone about how terrible everything is.

blackonyx89
11-21-2008, 12:37 PM
I guess he could be. I read the title that said the city is a black hole of failure.

It's only a black hole of failure because most people in Buffalo want to whine and cry about everything instead of sacking up and making it a better place. Buffalo would be a thriving city if everyone had the attitude of Thurm. Instead people sit around and want sympathy from everyone about how terrible everything is.

Ummmm....no.

SABuffalo786
11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
It WILL happen. The Bills or Sabres, if not both, WILL win a championship. Soon.

Luisito23
11-22-2008, 07:10 AM
it has to turn around eventually. it has to.

I have been trying to convince myself of that sentence for the past 10 years+! But really when is enough, enough you know?

topher180
11-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Is there a light at the end of this dark tunnel of shattered dreams? Be honest.
I just don't know sometimes.

No. As long as delusional Bills fans (not all mind you) continue to buy tickets, merch, and relentlessly support the poo poo on the field, it won't change. And don't give me the "well you're not a real fan speech" either. Look I get it, most of said delusional people center their whole live on 8 *ahem* 7 home games...what else is there to do in Buffalo? Start drinking at 9 am, pick a fight outside the gate, spit on opposing fans....I mean it doesn't get any better! But there comes a point where people need to move on with their lives.

As long as Ralph is the owner, you will have a mediocre product. He could care less about you, me, your mama, your grandma....and why should he? He knows that the self-righteous fans will keep showing up. When he passes, the team will move to Toronto or LA.

Acceptance is the first step my friends.

im4bflo
11-22-2008, 08:51 PM
just my opinion, I don't think negative crybaby fans deserve a winner.

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 09:04 PM

Buffalo only represents failure because so many people are willing to accept it and cry about it like Buffalo fans/residents are victims of something.
You said it. It's the "it's okay if we suck, as long as we have a team" mentality that makes the city a loser.

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 09:05 PM

If the city had the attitude THURM has everyone would be running around in womens underwear listening to Prince CD's.

im4bflo
11-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I'd rather have a team, than not have a team, no matter how they play.
Some can go to another team, I can not.
It's BUFFALO or nothing!
GO BILLS!
It's real easy to be a winner :bigwave:

tat2dmike77
11-22-2008, 09:24 PM

That would take effort. Why show pride in your town when you can sit and whine about things and expect sympathy from everyone. Instead of *****ing and moaning about how Buffalo sucks do something about it. Revamp the ghettos. They did that here in columbus. 15 years nobody would even think about going downtown for anything. Now that they kicked all the hood rats out of the downtown area businesses are booming. There is a night life there is a pro hockey (supposvilly) we have the arena district, german village, the short north and campus. Campus i admit is still kinda ghetto but i guess inorder to keep affordiable housing for college kids you gotta keep it that way. But all the areas i mentioned were all bad areas.

So citizens of Buffalo get off your fat asses and do something about your city. Nobody can make it better except you.

Oh and if you think the Bills and Sabres will always suck then why even bother rooting for them? You have to atleast have some hope every once in awhile. I am so sick of these types of statements. Why are we cursed waah why oh why. Shut up sack up and hang on it's always a wild ride when your a Buffalo fan.

Historian
11-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Its too late.

We've already lost a generation.

Night Train
11-23-2008, 05:27 AM
That's pathetic, if one does think that way. We can only root for the teams.

We cannot pick the owners and other assorted leaders, who's decision making/ability make or break the direction of the team.

It's sports entertainment, which we cannot control.

im4bflo
11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Its too late.

We've already lost a generation.

Seriously, being an older :fogey: Bills fan, and seeing and hearing this new generation, whine and cry, everytime we go into a slump, and how they're going to quit watching, and the Bills owe them a championship or else, couldn't of lasted the years we've endured. If you were a diehard in the 70's and 80's, nowadays, aren't that bad, could be better, but our fans could be also.
Now there are still some great diehard young fans out there, but they're not on here crying. Cowboy up, and be a fan, or have the balls to leave like you say you are. Don't say you are, and come back when things turn around.
Being disappointed by some losses is fine, but to say someone owes you something or you'll go elsewhere, is weak, so please keep your word and go.
Like I've said earlier, if being a winner is all you want, then it's real easy to be a winner every year :bigwave: See ya! Buh-Bye!
I'm a proud homer BUFFALO BILLS fan, and I root for the team, no matter what.
Because for me, there is no other choice, ALL your other teams are my enemy,
and no matter how well they're doing, they SUCK! BILLS RULE! period!
Now that I've said that, and knowing most of the zoners are much younger than me, that I'm going to get blasted by, well the fans I just talked about.
GO BILLS!