If Jauron Gets Fired...Would Bobby April Be a Good Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

If Jauron Gets Fired...Would Bobby April Be a Good Replacement?

I think he's the only coach on the sidelines who has fire and who really gets the troops rallied. I think he would be an awesome replacement over "wet dishrag" Jauron. Think of how tightly knit the ST guys are and how well they have played this year despite high turnover.

I think he was made assistant head coach for a reason. Dude knows how to coach, how to reach and motivate his groups and I see him making more of an impact overall on this team if he were head coach. He might not be ivy league but the guy knows his football and he knows how to teach his principals.

Thoughts?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: If Jauron Gets Fired...Would Bobby April Be a Good Replacement?

I wouldnt be pissed by this because I think he could be a better coach however I would hope for a more established proven winner(yeah I know it won't happen)

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

An interim, I'm ok with that decision. But if we're talking about the permanent replacement I am not ok with that decision.

D & S Sports

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Look at that. At the exact same time, I referenced this very subject in another thread with some kick-ass word play.

Today, 01:26 PM
        Originally posted by madness
        Probably just more excuses. In fact, I don't think the season is going to change unless we get to April.
        Easy pick for an interim, but I would still like to see what's available before a decision is made.

Comment

• raphael120
          • Oct 2005

Well we all know realistically, Ralph will NEVER pay for a good replacement...I'm saying April would be a hell of a lot better than any other cheapo-schmo we could bring in. April knows the players, etc...

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

If by "good" you mean "cheap" then yeah. He would be a cheap replacement.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I think April would be worth a shot he coachs with passion, he gets UDFAs and 7th round picks to run down into brick walls for him, and u see him yelling and running up and down the sidelines just that alone gets me fired up while Skeletor (DJ) stand there looking up at the score board clapping, and staring and clapping and starring, what happend we score? they score? standing and clapping Skeletor is a joke
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

First off, I am going to believe that DJ already has an extension. That being said, if they can him I want a PROVEN winner. No more assistants, wanna-be, almost weres or retreads.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

If Jauron is to get fired (DOnt think its happening, he's a Ralphy guy) I dont want ANY coaches from this team as our next head coach.

NO more promoting with in.. On this team, it DOESNT WORK.

I want a new head coach outside this organization and a new GM outside of it as well.

And when is Modrak going to start taking some heat for drafting guys like John McCargo ahead of Nick Mangold, and James Hardy over Eddie Royal?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    If Jauron is to get fired (DOnt think its happening, he's a Ralphy guy) I dont want ANY coaches from this team as our next head coach.

NO more promoting with in.. On this team, it DOESNT WORK.

I want a new head coach outside this organization and a new GM outside of it as well.

And when is Modrak going to start taking some heat for drafting guys like John McCargo ahead of Nick Mangold, and James Hardy over Eddie Royal?
                    When people on this board wanted Modrak to replace TD I said if that happened what would change...with a few draft exceptions that most of us could have picked...not much.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Honestly, I find it highly unlikely that any proven winner is going to come in and take this job if it becomes available. That being said I see nothing wrong with April if he so chooses to accept the offer. He is the kind of coach a young team like Buffalo has been lacking, someone who isn't afraid to be your best friend, but someone who isn't afraid to rip you apart when need be. This move would get my personal approval.

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

I'd like to see April get a shot, he's got that anything goes to win attitude!
                        His guys love him, and we'd have some emotion!
                        If it was like players, for coaches, and you could give the secondstringer a shot to spark the team, I'd like to put him in there now!
                        GO BILLS!

Comment

• raphael120
                          • Oct 2005

Bobby April was behind the best thing on this Bills team for the past how many years: Special Teams.

This team has SUCKED all except the ST. And chalk that up to April.

Comment

• raphael120
                            • Oct 2005

BTW, I'm all for calling Dick Jauron for who he is. Dick is a misnomer. Say hello to Pussy Jauron.

Comment

• evol4276
                              • Oct 2005

i doubt it but one thing, he'd definately be more firey

Comment

Working...
                              X