• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Dockery working overtime

Thank God someone is...

Buffalo Bills guard Derrick Dockery spent 15 minutes after practice Thursday working on blocking drills to improve his pad level after the snap of the ball.
    It’s a common occurrence after most of the rest of the Bills have hit the locker room. Dockery, the Bills’ 330-pound left guard, usually is one of the last players to leave the practice field.
    Dockery’s response to the Bills’ current slump is simple: keep working.
    “I’m a perfectionist,” Dockery said. “I’m always very hard on myself. I don’t think I’ve played my best ball yet but I think I’m climbing. It’s about getting better every week, being accountable to yourself and your teammates and just working.”
    Despite all his effort, Dockery has not made himself nearly noticeable enough in the running game for the Bills this season. The Bills rank 24th in the NFL in rushing yards, a frustrating position because everyone on the team expected better. The Bills ranked 15th in rushing last season.
    “He’s struggled at times this year like a lot of us have,” said Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert. “But he keeps battling. I thought Dock played better last week and had a good game. I thought he stuck his head in there and had a real good game.”
    Dockery says the offense needs to keep working on the 11-man consistency that’s required to develop a strong run game.
    “It’s disappointing,” he said. “We take pride in being able to run the ball. But the running game takes all 11 people so you can’t fault one individual. Everybody has to be on the same page. Ten guys can’t have a great block and one guy messes up. It messes up the whole play. It’s all about chemistry and being on the same page. It finally clicked for us on Monday.”
    more....

• yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Dockery working overtime

"To make room for Fox, the Bills put rookie linebacker Marcus Buggs on the injured reserve list. He has a high ankle sprain."

Already? Dang. Too bad we let Haggan get away. He was unsigned til week 8.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
    X