PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs scared of Bills return game

shelby
11-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Interesting....

They've been scared all week at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs have been scared they might score touchdowns and kick field goals in Sunday's game against Buffalo at Arrowhead. Doing so would mean the Chiefs would have to kick off to the Bills, perhaps the league's strongest team in the kicking game. The Chiefs are also fearful of punting to the Bills and, with considerable special teams problems of their own, worried this part of the battle might wind up tipping the bigger game in Buffalo's favor.
The Chiefs won't take a knee at the 1 to avoid scoring a touchdown and kicking to the Bills or trying to convert on fourth down deep in their own end to avoid punting. But coach Herm Edwards admitted those thoughts are tempting.
''Their return game is scary,'' Edwards said. ''These guys are really good at making people miss. They're confident they'll go out there and make something good happen.
''We'll have to punt it, we'll have to kick it, and we'll have to cover. We're just hoping to limit their big plays.''
The Bills, with rookie Leodis McKelvin as their returner, lead the league in kickoff return average. Roscoe Parrish is second in the NFL in punt return average. Each has a touchdown this season.
Buffalo also excels in covering punts and kickoffs. It's part of the football tradition in Buffalo. The Bills may or may not be good as a whole, but almost always they're good on special teams.
''It seems like every year they find a handful of new guys that are really good at it,'' said Chiefs special-teams captain Jon McGraw, who used to play against Buffalo twice each season when he was with the Jets. ''I don't know how they end up with those guys year in and year out.''

more... (http://www.newspress.com/Top/Article/article.jsp?Section=SPORTS&ID=565407366474235921)

Luisito23
11-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I could see Leodis taking it to the house 2 or 3 more times before the season is over, sadly though we'll probably still end up losing those games...:mad:

mybills
11-22-2008, 07:23 AM
They SHOULD be scared! :D

DMBcrew36
11-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Wow, one thing we can hang our hat on.

One, g-damn thing. It's always, "Well, we suck but our special teams are among the best in the league."

Typ0
11-22-2008, 09:19 AM
I've seen enough...if LM makes good decisions with the football he's the best returner in the league right now. He's going to bust over 10 TDs next season in the return game....with BM punting we are going to be bad ass when it comes to playing the field position game.

DBrown77
11-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I've seen enough...if LM makes good decisions with the football he's the best returner in the league right now. He's going to bust over 10 TDs next season in the return game....with BM punting we are going to be bad ass when it comes to playing the field position game.10 seems a bit high, i would say 4-5. I don't think anyone could take back 10 in a year.

Nighthawk
11-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I could see Leodis taking it to the house 2 or 3 more times before the season is over, sadly though we'll probably still end up losing those games...:mad:

This coaching staff is really good at one thing...finding ways to lose!

Typ0
11-22-2008, 10:34 AM
10 seems a bit high, i would say 4-5. I don't think anyone could take back 10 in a year.

it can happen. Two games owning the other team will generate 6. Our average starting position on offense next year might be beyond the 50.

Borosai
11-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Well, something is something.

TacklingDummy
11-22-2008, 11:33 AM
The Bills have buil great special teams. Too bad they couldn't build a great offense or defense.