PDA

View Full Version : Our biggest need?

Mitchell55
11-22-2008, 03:19 PM
DE? Well we havent had Schobel play and even without him we have gotten some pressure.
TE? Well Fine and Royal have looked great, Royal is having a career year and Fine has already had 7 catches and 1 TD in 4 games.
C? Well duke has come in and shut out Shaun Rodgers monday
S? Scott dominated Winslow, Gates, and Watson in each game he played so its not a 1st round need.

So what do we go after?

yordad
11-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with your first statement. I've felt more pressure from the wind on a calm summer day.
IMO,
DE is flying up the charts in terms of need. OLB is second. TE is third and dropping, hopefully Fine can take it and run. Center could arguably be higher. Safety is a want, not a need.

Mitchell55
11-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with your first statement. I've felt more pressure from the wind on a calm summer day.
IMO,
DE is flying up the charts in terms of need. OLB is second. TE is third and dropping, hopefully Fine can take it and run. Center could arguably be higher. Safety is a want, not a need.

I believe that Lehman is the answer for LB. But for Center, untill Preston shows that he is not the best OL, we are set there.

yordad
11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I believe that Lehman is the answer for LB. But for Center, untill Preston shows that he is not the best OL, we are set there.I'm pretty sure our line is far from set. I'm thinking the whole line is on the upgradeable side. Preston is getting better, and seems better then Fowler, but he's gonna have to do better then one game before I'm convinced.

If Lehman was peeling potatoes before we grabbed him, and he can't move Ellison to the bench, I'm thinking he is as good as crappy too. I really would like to see him strip Ellison of his starting role.

But hey, a lot can change in 6 games.

Jaybird
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM
i think our biggest need is a head coach!

bigbub2352
11-22-2008, 04:39 PM
head coach then gm then offensive cordinator then defensive cordinator then head of college scouting then head of pro player personel the dline coach then oline coach then qb coach oh players u ment center then de then te then olb then de then fb then dt then guard then qb

BILLSROCK1212
11-22-2008, 06:05 PM
In order
Starting Center/O-line depth
CB (multiple)
LB depth
Backup QB (experienced veteran)
Playmaking TE

So basically it's depth that we're missing.

Yasgur's Farm
11-22-2008, 06:45 PM
OLB
DE
C
DE
G
TE
QB
S

yordad
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
It appears we are all convinced our young WRs will pull through. After this last game, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Johnson that ended up starting. Six games from now, he could be pretty good.

I think he should be used more on three wide, with Reed dropping into the slot. I don't know if he is better then Hardy, but he clearly has more chemistry with Edwards then Hardy or even Parrish. I hope there is more to come.

yordad
11-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh, and I guess if we were gonna play with a FB, it would be nice to have a FB.

X-Era
11-22-2008, 08:28 PM
It appears we are all convinced our young WRs will pull through. After this last game, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Johnson that ended up starting. Six games from now, he could be pretty good.

I think he should be used more on three wide, with Reed dropping into the slot. I don't know if he is better then Hardy, but he clearly has more chemistry with Edwards then Hardy or even Parrish. I hope there is more to come.

To be honest, I have no problem with Johnson becoming better than Hardy.

Im not sure were done looking for our #2 WR yet though.

Mitchell55
11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh, and I guess if we were gonna play with a FB, it would be nice to have a FB.

We do, McNtire.