PDA

View Full Version : If you want a DE for the Bills, check out....

X-Era
11-22-2008, 08:14 PM
My man, Everette Brown 99 from fla St.

The guy is just plain disgustingly good.

X-Era
11-22-2008, 08:17 PM
The only thing thats hard is not to watch my man Gresham from Ok... hes frikkin awesome at TE.

Goobylal
11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
He's 6'4" 248#. He'll be an OLB in the NFL, at best.

X-Era
11-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Uhh huh... next.

Might want to check out Jason Taylor's size.

X-Era
11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
OK, so he had 5 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and a forced fumble against Maryland tonight!

:drool:

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Since when do you have to be a monster to be a DE? Freeney and Mathis seem to be doing just fine :idunno:

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
What are the chances that he makes it into the 1st round?

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
What are the chances that he makes it into the 1st round?
He's easily one of the top three or four DE's in college and will likely go later in R1. He is best fit in a 3-4 scheme as a stand up pass rusher. He really isn't what Buffalo should be looking for with their current scheme.

edit: Although he would work in Buffalo as a situational pass rusher, I just don't know if he's an every down DE in the C2, and that's what Buffalo should be looking for right now. Orakpo would be the better option because he has the speed to rush the passer while still having the strength and power to stop the run, he's one of those players that "lives in the backfield." My only fear with Orakpo is his past knee problems, but it's rare that a DL at any level doesn't suffer from some kind of knee issues.

New Ro's Greatest
11-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I still want Micheal Johnson(6'7 270) or Greg Hardy(6'5 260) they are sack artists! GO BILLS:D:

X-Era
11-23-2008, 10:26 AM
I still want Micheal Johnson(6'7 270) or Greg Hardy(6'5 260) they are sack artists! GO BILLS:D:

Johnson has spent way to many games not doing much at all. Hardy is only brought in every now and again for some reason, it may still be his leg.

Brown is plenty big enough, and is a monster pass rusher, hes fast as hell with great strength to match.

Hes not as good as Orakpo, but his height is better.

Im not that worried about the whole 3-4 or 4-3 thing, Schobel is no monster at all size wise.

DraftBoy
11-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Johnson has spent way to many games not doing much at all. Hardy is only brought in every now and again for some reason, it may still be his leg.

Brown is plenty big enough, and is a monster pass rusher, hes fast as hell with great strength to match.

Hes not as good as Orakpo, but his height is better.

Im not that worried about the whole 3-4 or 4-3 thing, Schobel is no monster at all size wise.

That's just incorrect. Johnson is the most feared DE in all of college football and gets extra attention for it. Even when he doesnt make a play he is involved on it. You have to watch GT games to understand but ask any Miami or FSU fan about how good Michael Johnson is right now. There is not another DE in college football that is schemed away from like Johnson is.

Hardy has recovered from his injury and is playing full rotation like everybody else now. So Im not really sure where you're pulling this from.

Brown will be a 3-4 OLB at his current build, if he wants to be a hand down DE he really needs to add 15-20 pounds between the end of the year and the combine. Even if he loses a couple tenths off his 40 he still has good enough skills to be a very good DE.

Goobylal
11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Brown will be a 3-4 OLB at his current build, if he wants to be a hand down DE he really needs to add 15-20 pounds between the end of the year and the combine. Even if he loses a couple tenths off his 40 he still has good enough skills to be a very good DE.
I was going to post that Brown would need to add about 20# to be considered a DE prospect. True Jason Taylor plays about Brown's weight, but he's the exception, not the rule.

X-Era
11-23-2008, 11:23 AM
That's just incorrect. Johnson is the most feared DE in all of college football and gets extra attention for it. Even when he doesnt make a play he is involved on it. You have to watch GT games to understand but ask any Miami or FSU fan about how good Michael Johnson is right now. There is not another DE in college football that is schemed away from like Johnson is.

Hardy has recovered from his injury and is playing full rotation like everybody else now. So Im not really sure where you're pulling this from.

Hardy played maybe 1/4 of the snaps last night.

Your talking about spending our 1st rounder on a guy that can only play 1/4 of the downs? Im not against Hardy, I like him. But hes not squeeky clean for a DE, he has issues. I dont see him as being that much better than Brown at this point.

As far as Johnson, I watched him plenty. He gets lost in games and just doesnt do that much. Hes had 6 sacks this year, 2 ff. Brown has had 9 and 2 ff

New Ro's Greatest
11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Hardy played maybe 1/4 of the snaps last night.

Your talking about spending our 1st rounder on a guy that can only play 1/4 of the downs? Im not against Hardy, I like him. But hes not squeeky clean for a DE, he has issues. I dont see him as being that much better than Brown at this point.

As far as Johnson, I watched him plenty. He gets lost in games and just doesnt do that much. Hes had 6 sacks this year, 2 ff. Brown has had 9 and 2 ff

We spent one on a guy that didn't play for the 1st year and 1/4(Willis Mcgahee) GO BILLS:D:

kernowboy
11-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Agreed, Brown looks the business. If he can bulk up to 260lbs then that will be just line. At LE, he can run around a slow RT and that means the opposition will have to allocate help and create opportunities for others. I think Orakpo will go in the Top10 and Brown is as good as Hardy and Johnson. The fact is he can play opposite Schobel which will give our defence a greater attacking edge.

Marvelous
11-23-2008, 01:27 PM
NO, not because of his measurables alone. There's plenty & i mean alot of large DE's... I dunno who the kid is,im just commenting on the idea of force position change due to size...+ not all DE's can make teh switch,,nor is it always a better option for the team..