PDA

View Full Version : What more can we do?

Mitchell55
11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
We have outplayed the teams we have played, had so many oppertunities we should be winning games 19-3. Also lalime played great today and let in 2 very difficult goals in.

clumping platelets
11-23-2008, 01:30 AM
I disagree. Sabres played better against the Flyers but have looked horrible in most other games recently. It's clear that there is not enough toughness on this team. As soon as another team begins physical play, the Sabres look weak and timid. This team desperately needs to make some moves NOW in order to get back on track. Other teams know the way to beat us: be physical, win game
It's not a surprise that Afinigenov and Tallinder were the ones to sit, they are 2 of the softest players on the team.

Ebenezer
11-23-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm ready to carve it up. Just dump Max and others that were going to be let go at the end of the year and escalate the youth movement.

clumping platelets
11-23-2008, 01:46 AM
This team isn't that far away. Just need to infuse some toughness and more veteran leadership.

Tradeables: Afinogenov, Tallinder, Paetsch, Kotalik, Connolly, Stafford, Roy, Numminen, and MacArthur. Also on the table are draft picks and a couple of the kids on the farm like Funk

Trade them all and in the end get: 1 all-around C, 1 physical d-man, playoff savvy F that can win a faceoff

Bring up Weber and Gerbe to fill out the roster. Keep Mancari here as well

Not rocket science

Ebenezer
11-23-2008, 02:04 AM
This team isn't that far away. Just need to infuse some toughness and more veteran leadership.

Tradeables: Afinogenov, Tallinder, Paetsch, Kotalik, Connolly, Stafford, Roy, Numminen, and MacArthur. Also on the table are draft picks and a couple of the kids on the farm like Funk

Trade them all and in the end get: 1 all-around C, 1 physical d-man, playoff savvy F that can win a faceoff

Not rocket science

Not rocket science but what value do Afinogenov, Tallinder, Paetsch, Kotalik, Connolly, Stafford, Roy, Numminen, and MacArthur have? I think basically Stafford and Roy have value.

SabreEleven
11-23-2008, 06:40 AM
"We had no emotion early on," Buffalo forward Jason Pominville said. "We weren't competing and we lost a lot of one-on-one battles."

How is this ****ing possible? You are in a really bad losing streak...It must be really hard to actually give a **** in the NHL these days :mad: If you cared you would out with fire in your eyes...Maybe that is the answer...THEY DON'T CARE...How else would explain it?

SabreEleven
11-23-2008, 07:57 AM
WHAT THE **** WAS STAFFORD DOING ON THE ICE WITH VANEK AND ROY AT THE END OF THE ****ING GAME WHEN THEY DESPERATLY NEEDED A GOAL?

What the **** was Ruff thinking? I'm screaming at the TV and my wife gave me it's only a game line...I almost had to sleep on the couch.

Dozerdog
11-23-2008, 08:10 AM

Not rocket science

Too bad we don't have room- Sundin could be that all-around C

SABURZFAN
11-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Not rocket science but what value do Afinogenov, Tallinder, Paetsch, Kotalik, Connolly, Stafford, Roy, Numminen, and MacArthur have? I think basically Stafford and Roy have value.

the Sabres could probably get a zamboni flat, some practice pucks, and a few water bottles for Connolly.

Dr. Lecter
11-23-2008, 08:59 AM

Roy has a ton of value.

He is signed long term, at a relatively cheap value. He is a good player, who is struggling this year. Trading the others on the list is one thing - trading Roy is over-reaction.

Kotalik has value too - his shot alone and low salary could get something at deadline time. Mac, at his age, also has value.

SABURZFAN
11-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Roy has a ton of value.

He is signed long term, at a relatively cheap value. He is a good player, who is struggling this year. Trading the others on the list is one thing - trading Roy is over-reaction.

we should :club: clump for mentioning him.

RockStar36
11-23-2008, 10:27 AM
The problem with just making a trade is that it doesn't work that way. What team is going to want to give anything up for Max? He is a relatively high salary, his contract is up at the end of the year, and other GM's notice how he plays. Who would want that? Not to mention the whole cap issue. It isn't just as easy as making the trade. I'm sure if it was Darcy would've pulled the trigger a while ago.

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Too bad we don't have room- Sundin could be that all-around C

Could you imagine him playing with Vanek?

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
The problem with just making a trade is that it doesn't work that way. What team is going to want to give anything up for Max? He is a relatively high salary, his contract is up at the end of the year, and other GM's notice how he plays. Who would want that? Not to mention the whole cap issue. It isn't just as easy as making the trade. I'm sure if it was Darcy would've pulled the trigger a while ago.

I agree with your points, somewhat. However, Darcy falls in love with players and never wants to trade them. He thinks way too highly of some of the garbage on this team, which makes it seem like nobody wants them because Darcy wants more then they are worth. That's a bit different then there being nobody to trade with. I think it is more about Darcy wanting too much in return then finding a partner to trade with.

Mitchell55
11-23-2008, 07:58 PM

Not rocket science

Roy? Hes our best player. Not even vanek does the forchecking and the assisting that Roy does.

JD
11-23-2008, 08:34 PM
How could you say you'd trade Roy? That's insane.

I like Mac daddy too, but I think he's tradable. Connolly is fragile, but if he ever ends up on another team..watch him become the league leading point man.

ZacGriffi~82
11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Vanek is our best player and it's not even close. To mention Roy in the same league is laughable.