X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Blame the coaches, not Edwards!!

Everything I've read is telling me that teams are doing the opposite of what they did to JP. Instead of stacking the line they are dropping everyone into coverage.

Guess what? You don't do this when you think the QB sucks. It's more of a statement about teams not worrying about our running game, not QB play.

Edwards said his biggest problem is seeing a completely different defense than what they prepared for in practice. Schonert's defense to this was that "QBs like Peyton Manning have to utilize different players like Joseph Addai when this happens."

Note to Schonert: Edwards is not Peyton Manning nor does have the experience to just change his thought process on the fly. Next year maybe, but not right now. I watched Jay Cutler go through the same thing.

I promise you that Edwards is and will be the future of this franchise. What I can't promise is that he'll ever play for a coaching staff that knows what the hell they are doing.

The last drive on Monday night was an obvious attempt at not letting Edwards screw up. Lindell hasn't missed a kick in 2 years inside the 40 so the coaches made sure to give him a 45 yarder into the win. Instead of not trusting Edwards maybe they should be worrying about not trusting their prep and play calling.
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Re: Blame the coaches, not Edwards!!

I haven't given up on Edwards but he has not performed well in the last few weeks and it's not just the scheme. People are open and he is not pulling the trigger fast enough.

He is playing scared out there and he has to get it together quickly. I do suspect the concussion has affected his play...he was playing at a very high level before that hit in Arizona.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

HH, be quiet. There's no unconvincing the people who are convinced it's his concussion.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Edwards can play at a high level if he is prepared.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          Edwards can play at a high level if he is prepared.

that's more than i can say for Lossman.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Let me be clear that Edwards has not played well. I'd be nuts to say that he isn't accountable.

What I am saying is that having a young QB prepare all week for a defense that never takes the field and than lamely say "that he needs to go to other players" is ridiculous.

When it's 3rd and 1 and your QB is already struggling with the opposing D (2 picks) you don't line him up in the shotgun with an empty backfield.

Why is Lynch on the team?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

The coaches did not throw 3 Int's in the first quarter.

The coaches did not miss wide open receivers (Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Royal) the rest of the game, electing to dump off the ball to Lynch way too often.

The coaches are not without blame, but Edwards was awful last week.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

The coaches did not miss wide open receivers (Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Royal) the rest of the game, electing to dump off the ball to Lynch way too often.

Yeah, what he^ said.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Read above.

Open backfield, deep in your own end, 3rd and 1.

If you put me in a pile of crap I'm not coming out smelling good no matter how much deodorant I'm wearing.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

What do you want the coaches to do?

Ok Trent hit a wide open 6.5 reciever from 3 yards out with no defenders?

Go get um tiger!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Everything I've read is telling me that teams are doing the opposite of what they did to JP. Instead of stacking the line they are dropping everyone into coverage.

Guess what? You don't do this when you think the QB sucks. It's more of a statement about teams not worrying about our running game, not QB play.

Edwards said his biggest problem is seeing a completely different defense than what they prepared for in practice. Schonert's defense to this was that "QBs like Peyton Manning have to utilize different players like Joseph Addai when this happens."

Note to Schonert: Edwards is not Peyton Manning nor does have the experience to just change his thought process on the fly. Next year maybe, but not right now. I watched Jay Cutler go through the same thing.

I promise you that Edwards is and will be the future of this franchise. What I can't promise is that he'll ever play for a coaching staff that knows what the hell they are doing.

The last drive on Monday night was an obvious attempt at not letting Edwards screw up. Lindell hasn't missed a kick in 2 years inside the 40 so the coaches made sure to give him a 45 yarder into the win. Instead of not trusting Edwards maybe they should be worrying about not trusting their prep and play calling.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

Read above.

Open backfield, deep in your own end, 3rd and 1.

If you put me in a pile of crap I'm not coming out smelling good no matter how much deodorant I'm wearing.
                      Bottom line is Trent put no fear into defenses.....

They got the game film..they figured out the one trick
                      of the one trick pony and now he is glue. It is over.
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by acehole
                        What do you want the coaches to do?

Ok Trent hit a wide open 6.5 reciever from 3 yards out with no defenders?

Go get um tiger!
                        Do you actually read the posts?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Bottom line is Trent put no fear into defenses.....

If defenses weren't worried about him throwing they wouldn't be droppong 8 into coverage, they'd be coming at him in waves.

The one trick pony is that we don't have a running game that takes advantage of a not having alot of guys in the box.

You realize this is the opposite of what they did to JP?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Bottom line is JP put no fear into defenses.....

fixed
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                              • Dec 2004

If defenses weren't worried about him throwing they wouldn't be droppong 8 into coverage, they'd be coming at him in waves.

The one trick pony is that we don't have a running game that takes advantage of a not having alot of guys in the box.

You realize this is the opposite of what they did to JP?
                              But isn't this the same thing teams did with Bledsoe? Drop everyone in coverage and wait for Drew to make a mistake (See the Patriots games)? I agree with your basic premise, but, bottom line, the quarterback needs to produce and limit turnovers regardless of the defense. Trent hasn't been careful with the ball....that's the biggest reason we've lost four straight games. Count me among those who think the concussion is the biggest (and maybe sole) reason for his deterioration.

Comment

Working...
                              X