PDA

View Full Version : Schobel's true impact....

ryjam282
11-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Does our lack of a pass rush directly reflect on not having Aaron Schobel in the games? I think it is the #1 reason for our D being as bad as it has been the last 4-5 games. I mean, there is absolutely no semblance of a pash rush unless we blitz the house and that only happens like twice a game....Maybe the coordinator will see that blitzing is actually the best way to utilize Pittman, but that's for another conversation....I think Schobel being out is the main reason our D has been as bad as it has regarding the pass rush.

What do you guys think?

I also think that Marcus Stroud has had the most direct impact regarding this. It seemed like teams would mostly double Schobel early in the season and Stroud was playing lights out. Now, they are doubling him, as Denney doesn't warrant any one other than a 5th grader one-on-one, and that has rendered him almost useless. I wish we had another DE that could step up as this is an ideal situation if you are a DE.....:fit:

gr8slayer
11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
It's funny because so many people wanted Schobel and Reed out of town, and now all of these same people are feeling the impact :snicker:

ryjam282
11-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, and I know he doesn't consistently beat the double team but with Stroud in there now, we have 2 guys that command a double team and you can't double 2 guys. So, one of them should have a nice time and Stroud was the one benefitting from that early on. Not so much anymore.....

baalworship
11-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Defensive end is the biggest weakness on this team. Kelsay should take a paycut and if not be cut. He is fine as a backup, not a starter making big bucks.

Marvelous
11-23-2008, 02:09 PM
NO DOUBT it is because we miss Schobel..Schobel isn't a one year wonder type player..Even in his stuggled season last year he forced over 5 fumbles in his sack limited season... We need him back BIGTIME..If he is spent then DE is a major team need..Too bad we didn't trade for Jason Taylor..I hate division incest but JT was DPOTY two seasons ago..beast!