PDA

View Full Version : Could have had Price over McGahee

casdhf
05-04-2003, 11:07 PM
If we can't get anything form Willis, maybe we should have made Peerless play on a franchise tag and go for it all this year. He'd be playing for another payday and would have put up similar numbers. We'd have the same offense, with a significantly better defense.

Anyways, I'm happy with the pick, but maybe I could at least stir up a little action ;)

Fat Tony
05-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Second string banana for one year over possibly the next Barry Sanders?

You are whacko

mikemac2001
05-04-2003, 11:19 PM
yeah and price had a large price on the cap. maybe with price we could have had mike peterson instead of takeo. but you know price was worth that bc he wasnt double teamed and hasnt proved that he is a number 1 ....i love price was so happy when we drafted him but hey he didnt want to be here so leave

Kevikid
05-04-2003, 11:22 PM
I agree with all of mikemac's points. What he said, just again. Price got 40 mill...McGahee will not get 1/5 of that.

mikemac2001
05-04-2003, 11:25 PM
and prices ass didnt want to be here he wanted to be in atlanta. players show no loyalty its disgusting, if i was drafted by a team it would show they believed in me but players just go for the cash. i know price wants to play home but feel he went were the cash was.

Turf
05-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Peerless had an ego problem. He could have stayed easily, but he had to be #1.

sTp Scott
05-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Mr. McGahee is the future........Peerless is the past

HenryRules
05-05-2003, 06:13 AM
mikemac ... i assume you've only worked for one company in your life and would never leave for a promotion/more money somewhere else?

Its pathetic the expectations that are put on athletes. Why should they want to play somewhere where they will be paid less and/or put in a less important role? On what other profession do people place these expectations?

TedMock
05-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Price wanted to be the number one guy and he felt like he was talented enough to do that. I see nothing wrong with that at all. He never claimed to be the best on the Bills, he knew Moulds was our guy and didn't start any locker room trouble. If I get to a point where I can't get promoted at my job and I feel like I should be in a higher position with higher pay...I'm out. I love my job and I love the people I work with but I always look for opportunity and no, I'm not greedy or selfish or a "me" player.

Shiny Chicken
05-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Well what kind of moron would he be if he tried to say he deserved the starting job over Eric?

mikemac2001
05-05-2003, 10:42 AM
hey he could have still gotten the cash here enough to be fine for the rest of his life he wanted more didnt care about bills so F him cya cant stand players like that

TedMock
05-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Well what kind of moron would he be if he tried to say he deserved the starting job over Eric?

Well, he'd be a big moron. The point is that a lot of players start public ***** sessions when they feel they're number one caliber, even when the number one guy is obviously better. My point is that Price gets a ton of crap from the fans despite him putting up over 700 and over 1100 yards as the number 2 guy the last two years and finally deciding he want to be top dog. I don't fault him for that. Sure, money plays a role but I think he'd also rather be the number one receiver than number two. I personally don't want a guy on the team who doesn't want to be the best at his position.

HenryRules
05-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Who cares if he could have gotten enough money here ... he wouldn't have gotten as much, nor as secure, if he stayed here?

Again mikemac, I ask you, why should he turn down more money and a more important position with a team that is in a similar position, closer to his home? What does loyalty have to do with it at all ... its called intelligence, not a lack of loyatly.

Shiny Chicken
05-05-2003, 11:05 AM
You're right... I have a certain amount of respect for him for the fact that he didn't try to start a feud with Eric to get his job. He never tried to say that he could contend with Eric. Ica understand him wanting to be a #1 receiver. He knew that would never happen here, so he wanted to go elsewhere. I can understand that to a degree.

TedMock
05-05-2003, 11:27 AM
let's face it. Moulds is an Elite top tier receiver and everyone around the league knows this. He has great speed, hands and is very strong. He now has a running game and a good QB which is why he'll consistantly have 1200 yards for the next few years. He did have over 1000 a couple of years ago but until last season things around him were a joke.

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by sTp Scott
Mr. McGahee is the future........Peerless is the past
For a second I thought he was talking about me, Mr. Miyagi. :D

BillsNYC
05-05-2003, 12:36 PM
price will be the ken griffey jr. of the nfl

Stewie
05-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
and prices ass didnt want to be here he wanted to be in atlanta. players show no loyalty its disgusting, if i was drafted by a team it would show they believed in me but players just go for the cash. i know price wants to play home but feel he went were the cash was.

I think that the idea of loyalty in the NFL is naive. The teams show no loyalty, why should the players? Teams draft players to win championships, not to show they "believe in the players". Players go for the big money and rightly so because their careers can be over faster than you can say "Joe Theismann"

Scott
05-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Good call NYC, I agree. He will come no where near his 2002 numbers in Atlanta.

mikemac2001
05-05-2003, 09:19 PM
u know what i probally wouldnt turn down money but u know what its a little differnt They make enough to have what they need and want. 20 million can get them threw life fine.

HenryRules
05-06-2003, 11:59 AM
i don't see how the difference between Price and you is any different between you and any of the billions of people in this world who live on less than $5/day. Most of them would kill to be in your position, yet as you admitted, you would probably change jobs if you could get a higher paying job elsewhere. Who are those people to expect you to act differently and who are you to expect Price to act differently?

The Spaz
05-06-2003, 12:19 PM
This is football not politics! Go Bills!

ublinkwescore
05-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by paulB

I think that the idea of loyalty in the NFL is naive. The teams show no loyalty, why should the players? Teams draft players to win championships, not to show they "believe in the players". Players go for the big money and rightly so because their careers can be over faster than you can say "Joe Theismann"

I think that that sums it up just right.

You guys think that maybe Bruce Smith would have liked to have broken Reggie White's sack record in a Bills uniform - instead of a crappy team owned by an @$$hole that doesn't give a crap about his players (and nor does he deserve the money he's got).

Or What about Reed and Thomas - you think they enjoyed leaving?

This was the team that they all loved, but this team showed them no love in the end. Peerless didn't want to be here, and that's his right. You think Price, had he wanted to stay here his whole career would have been allowed to once he started getting old, slow, hurt, and dramatically less productive - hell no, we would have given him the boot just like he was Andre Reed. If there's one person in this world you've got to please it's yourself.

TigerJ
05-06-2003, 09:43 PM
I don't really have any new points to make. I liked Price as a player. I even liked his attitude, at least when he managed it OK. I don't begrudge him his big contract in Atlanta. I do think that his production will be down in Atlanta because Drew Bledsoe and Michael Vick are very different QBs. Vick will throw on the run a lot more, and will depend on Price coming back and react to his scrambling. I don't think he'll find that to his liking. I would not have liked to see Buffalo try to keep him against his will any more than I liked it when Cincinnati transitioned Spikes. In any case, I'd rather look ahead than look back at what might have been. I like almost all of the changes the Bills have made this offseason, and I really think that if some things fall in place Buffalo has a real shot to make a run at the Super Bowl, Price or Priceless.

mikemac2001
05-06-2003, 09:51 PM
but me making 40,000 instead of 60,000 is totally differnt then him making 20 mill then 40 mill he could throw 60,000 in the fire place and it wouldnt even matter

Throne Logic
05-07-2003, 06:19 AM
There is something that everyone is overlooking so far. The offense this year will be focusing on running the ball more. This means less work for Peerless if he stays. That would lead to griping by both Price and Moulds 'cuz neither of them are getting enough balls. It would also make it difficult for Gilbride & Bledsoe to focus on this years goal - RUN THE BALL!! Each of them gets easily distracted by the long ball.

Price leaving was to the mutual benefit of three parties: Bills get WM; Price gets his chance as the #1; and Atlanta gets someone to catch what MV tosses up.

mush69
05-07-2003, 06:19 AM
When I think of Price, I think of the KC game last year and he couldn't keep his compsure on the field. He cost us a couple of big plays with personal foul penilties. I won't miss him at all this next year and by the end of the season it will be Peerless who? I don't get hung up on past players unless they retire as a Bill!

ublinkwescore
05-07-2003, 07:00 AM
Like Phil Hansen.

WG
05-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
price will be the ken griffey jr. of the nfl

I totally agree w/ ya NYC!!

Price will get his 1,000 yards, but 2/3 of it is gonna be on 15-20 receptions.

He's gonna post a handful of big games against teams w/o secondaries and then he'll get the crap kicked outta him v. teams like T.B. and Philly where he'll be lucky to average 10 YPC and have more than 30 yards.

So if Atlanta will be happy w/ him puttin' up big games v. their weakest opponents, then great. Otherwise they're gonna be disappointed bigtime.