PDA

View Full Version : We're Done

Typ0
11-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Don't go getting excited again. Our defense was absolutely horrible today. We are not going to beat Pennington, Cassel and Favre with this defense. I just can't believe how poor they are...

VeggieMan14
11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Every party has a pooper so luckily we have Typ0 :poop:

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Schobel, Whitner, Greer, Youboty

Typ0
11-23-2008, 03:37 PM
:poop:

TheBrownBear
We were done two weeks ago, imo. Just enjoy the win while you can. The defense is missing quite a few key players from a unit that already needed upgrades. The offense and special teams will have to carry us like they did today if we are going to win any more games. We must upgrade the D-line and find a replacement for Ellison in the offseason.

Typ0
that's just how our defense played today against thigpen.

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
It is what it is...a win over a very poor KC team. The defense gave up 31 points to a very bad team. That isn't good. However, I'm glad they won.

Typ0
11-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't want to enjoy the win. I want to think the team is going to be competitive in the next five weeks. They aren't. The defense is pathetic.

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 03:42 PM
The game was over like an hour before it ended, how much more zone and gimmies could we have given to KC??

Patti120
11-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Psyched we won but I think Bill Cowher said our team is like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde which is pretty true. Against most other teams in the NFL we wouldn't have won that game with our D playing the way they did. Even with those those turnover it would have been a tough day against anyone in our division.

im8th2buffalo
11-23-2008, 03:46 PM
With the players that we have out, the defense did OK. KC offense scored a bit, but they got more points than they would have if we had kept our offense out there on long time consuming drives. Due to the bills having some quick drives and scoring, we gave them the ball back more often than usual.
How many turnovers did they get??? How much did we win by???
Some people just like to be negative. The Bills won! Lets celebrate the victories we do have. The defense will also improve as some of our players start to heal and return to the lineup. Leodis McKelvin had a great game.

Don't be so negative. Go Bills!!!!!
(http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/leodis-mckelvin/2e0b511d-6dc5-4cf3-978b-0b4a40f0d1bb/)

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Seriously, though....this game could have looked a lot different if we had not taken the ball away. No turnovers on offense and we are a tough team to beat.

Typ0
11-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Psyched we won but I think Bill Cowher said our team is like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde which is pretty true. Against most other teams in the NFL we wouldn't have won that game with our D playing the way they did. Even with those those turnover it would have been a tough day against anyone in our division.

that's exactly what I'm saying. Today was bad news disguised as a win. We are so devastatingly week on the defensive front.

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 03:49 PM
With the players that we have out, the defense did OK. KC offense scored a bit, but they got more points than they would have if we had kept our offense out there on long time consuming drives. Due to the bills having some quick drives and scoring, we gave them the ball back more often than usual.
How many turnovers did they get??? How much did we win by???
Some people just like to be negative. The Bills won! Lets celebrate the victories we do have. The defense will also improve as some of our players start to heal and return to the lineup. Leodis McKelvin had a great game.

Don't be so negative. Go Bills!!!!!
(http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/leodis-mckelvin/2e0b511d-6dc5-4cf3-978b-0b4a40f0d1bb/)

We played zone d for like an hour, what did you expect?? I cannot believe this is even being mentioned at all. The game has been out of reach since the half and we pressed on the gas for 54 points but it's not enough??

Some of you need to get a grip and get a life. Winning by more than 3 TD's is kicking someone's butt any day of the week. Enjoy the wins, they are usually far in between depending on Trent's health.

Typ0
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
by the way....take your "don't be negative" crap and kiss my ass. I'm not being negative I'm just making an observation. If you need to believe this is a dominant defense because we won go ahead and live in your fantasy land but don't tell me I have to go there too.

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
We played zone d for like an hour, what did you expect?? I cannot believe this is even being mentioned at all. The game has been out of reach since the half and we pressed on the gas for 54 points but it's not enough??

Some of you need to get a grip and get a life. Winning by more than 3 TD's is kicking someone's butt any day of the week. Enjoy the wins, they are usually far in between depending on Trent's health.

Skoob, it's nice to win, but you have to keep it in perspective.

THATHURMANATOR
11-23-2008, 03:51 PM
True but hopefully we will get back Whitner, Schobel, and Greer soon.

Patti120
11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
No turnovers on offense and we are a tough team to beat.

Very true! The TO's have really killed us the last few weeks!

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 03:53 PM

Add that into the fact that we had such a huge lead. How much better do we play with those 3 in the game??

Typ0
11-23-2008, 03:53 PM

I think this is the biggest issue I have with the team right now. We can't have someone or even a few people getting injured and having such an effect on us. People are always going to be injured. We seriously lack depth and it's a requirement to be a good team. We better get to work in the offseason it's going to look like we are gutting the team but we have to get better on the entire roster.

im8th2buffalo
11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
by the way....take your "don't be negative" crap and kiss my ass. I'm not being negative I'm just making an observation. If you need to believe this is a dominant defense because we won go ahead and live in your fantasy land but don't tell me I have to go there too.
I think this is the biggest issue I have with the team right now. We can't have someone or even a few people getting injured and having such an effect on us. People are always going to be injured. We seriously lack depth and it's a requirement to be a good team. We better get to work in the offseason it's going to look like we are gutting the team but we have to get better on the entire roster.

The Kiss my @@@ comment was not necessary. I agree with you that we lack depth. I agree that the team has to be better even through injuries. I respect you observation and opinion.
I have never claimed that our defense was dominant.
I am just happy with the impressive win today. I hope that the team continues to improve. We really need some growth and improvement to become a GOOD team.
I just think that we need to celebrate our victories. Look back at where we need to improve, and work on it.

mybills
11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm negative for a different reason..
Trent needs to learn more defensive schemes. This team they just beat stinks, and their record proves it. Our defense is on & off like you say, but it would really help if our QB could read more than one type of defense.

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm negative for a different reason..
Trent needs to learn more defensive schemes. This team they just beat stinks, and their record proves it. Our defense is on & off like you say, but it would really help if our QB could read more than one type of defense.

How about our coaches actually beat a good team? I'm thinking that would be more impressive.

mybills
11-23-2008, 04:08 PM
This was a FEEL GOOD win.
I feel good.....

for now. :ill:

mybills
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
How about our coaches actually beat a good team? I'm thinking that would be more impressive.
That too. They should help Trent learn other defenses.

Typ0
11-23-2008, 04:30 PM
trent is learning. It should take a couple offseasons.

X-Era
11-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Don't go getting excited again. Our defense was absolutely horrible today. We are not going to beat Pennington, Cassel and Favre with this defense. I just can't believe how poor they are...

To be fair, they are absolutely raped on D with injuries.

Whitner
Crowell
Greer
Schobel

Thats important pieces that are missing.

A high uqlaity team would be able to play strong even with those losses.

But, they play a big factor.