PDA

View Full Version : Leodis needs to stay on full time now....

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 03:57 PM
If they take Leodis out of the starting rotation, I am going to snap. Everytime the ball gets near this guy, we have a chance of money plays.

More touches he gets, the better off we'll be. Huge game by him today, it really set the tone.

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
OMFG!!! MCKELVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2008, 04:02 PM
You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Or I would!

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Or I would!

LOL.

GO BILLS!!

BillsWin
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
McKelvin and Greer are our ball hawks. I LOVE McGee, but if McKelvin is really our future, and Greer is just outstanding, McGee can play slot.

X-Era
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
If they take Leodis out of the starting rotation, I am going to snap. Everytime the ball gets near this guy, we have a chance of money plays.

More touches he gets, the better off we'll be. Huge game by him today, it really set the tone.

McKelvin was feast or famine. Probably could just be summed up by saying hes young.

But yes, he has shown the ability to play.

Greer is a more solid CB which will be key if we get into a race with good teams.

But Mckelvin has finally showed us we may have made a good pick.

Lefty2985
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
i laugh at all the ppl on here calling him a bust for weeks on here. !! great game today all around..... finally!

baalworship
11-23-2008, 05:32 PM
McKelvin should stay in the lineup...he is a playmaker and we need more of those on D.

life of faith
11-23-2008, 05:37 PM
His new nickname is McLovin!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 05:42 PM

:rockon:

Night Train
11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
What a talent.

OpIv37
11-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Trade McGee.

Pay Greer and start him and McKelvin. Youboty and Corner can play slot.

Don't get me wrong, I like McGee and he's been solid for us. But he'd getting up there for a speed position and his trade value is high. If we don't sign Greer, we'll lose him for nothing and I don't see this team paying both McGee and Greer. The best thing to do is keep Greer and get something for McGee.

OpIv37
11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
McKelvin and Greer are our ball hawks. I LOVE McGee, but if McKelvin is really our future, and Greer is just outstanding, McGee can play slot.

sorry but someone with McGee's salary and credentials is not going to play slot. The coaches won't do it and I doubt he'd stand for it anyway.

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Trade McGee.

Don't get me wrong, I like McGee and he's been solid for us. But he'd getting up there for a speed position and his trade value is high. If we don't sign Greer, we'll lose him for nothing and I don't see this team paying both McGee and Greer. The best thing to do is keep Greer and get something for McGee.

What would Mcgee be worth to us?? 1st rounder?

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 05:57 PM
sorry but someone with McGee's salary and credentials is not going to play slot. The coaches won't do it and I doubt he'd stand for it anyway.

X2.

OpIv37
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
What would Mcgee be worth to us?? 1st rounder?

good question- hopefully someone will weigh in because I never seem to have a good handle on NFL player trade values. It's rare in the NFL, but I wonder if we could trade him for a player in a position of need and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick- maybe a LB or TE.

Dr. Lecter
11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Greer won't sign here unless he will start. He can go elsewhere and do that.

Op is right. The choice is Greer or McGee.

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 06:17 PM

Dead on right.

zone
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I pick McGee...

gr8slayer
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Greer won't sign here unless he will start. He can go elsewhere and do that.

The choice is easy.

pintonick96
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I pick McGee...

And thank god youre not in the front office. McGee gets burnt alot. He looked good against Braylon Edwards bc Brady Quinn underthrew him 10 times and McGee, being burnt, was in position to knock the ball away. Get McGee out of here, unless he signs for decent money to play the slot for us, which could happen.

Oaf
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
This is what I said before the preseason.

Oaf
11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Here's the future at CB for us (hopefully):

Starting Outside Corners: Greer, McKelvin
Starting Slot Corner: McGee
Backup Outside Corner: Youboty
Backup Slot: Corner

Done.

OpIv37
11-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Here's the future at CB for us (hopefully):

Starting Outside Corners: Greer, McKelvin
Starting Slot Corner: McGee
Backup Outside Corner: Youboty
Backup Slot: Corner

Done.

Greer's a FA, and CB is the highest paid position in the NFL. You really think the Bills will sign him when we have McGee, Youboty, McKelvin and Corner? I don't.

Mahdi
11-23-2008, 10:03 PM
McGee is by far our best cover man. Greer makes plays every now and then and Mckelvin has shown he can make plays too but McGee covers every teams best receiver. Do you really trust Greer or Mckelvin with that task?

Mahdi
11-23-2008, 10:05 PM
The choice is easy.
Are you a Cowboys fan?

raphael120
11-23-2008, 11:08 PM
McGee is expendable now.

We have an explosive PR in Parrish and McKelvin.

And you don't draft a CB overall unless youre wanting him to start.

thenry20
11-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Trade McGee.

Crap hit the wrong button. I disagree here.

McGee brings more to the table than Jabari--KR, better cover corner, etc. I'm one of the few that has never hated Greer, FYI.

I don't think JG is back next year and I hope he gets paid because he's earned it!

Mahdi
11-24-2008, 05:35 AM
McGee is expendable now.

We have an explosive PR in Parrish and McKelvin.

And you don't draft a CB overall unless youre wanting him to start.
Why does everyone have such a short memory. Yes Greer can make plays every now and then... BUT he is very weak on inside routes and good WRs have been exploiting him all year. Why do you think they decided to use McGee to shadow every team's best WR no matter what side of the field he moved to. McGee is the only CB on this team that can take away a top flight WR.

Keep McGee, let Greer walk next year and go with Mckelvin and Youboty in the slot.

We also have Reggie Corner who has looked good so far in limited action.

Jeff1220
11-24-2008, 06:22 AM

Rich Eisen actually called him that on NFLN highlights last night :up:

zone
11-24-2008, 07:31 AM
And thank god youre not in the front office. McGee gets burnt alot.

Ditto, because clearly you have no clue...

McGee as of now is our only shutdown corner. If Leodis can continue to progress the way he has thus far that will change. I like Greer, but he is no where near as talented as McGee.

DraftBoy
11-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Just so everybody is clear, we dont have a "shutdown" corner on our roster. We have three good CB's, but Ill take Greer over McGee all day.

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
To keep in Leodis who do you bench? Greer may be our best corner and I can't see them benching Mcgee.

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Just so everybody is clear, we dont have a "shutdown" corner on our roster. We have three good CB's, but Ill take Greer over McGee all day.
I agree, but hopeful Leodis does someday become that shutdown guy.

zone
11-24-2008, 07:49 AM
McGee has the ability to neutralize any number 1 receiver (if not hobbled by a bad knee), Greer while able to come up with a big play on occasion can not.

The bottom line comes down to value, McGee wins out period because of his versatility... You are talking about one of the best kick returners of all time.

Last year alone McGee had 78 tackles, 4 picks, 1100 return yards, and a touchdown. Greer had 46 tackles and 2 picks.

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2008, 07:54 AM
McGee has the ability to neutralize any number 1 receiver (if not hobbled by a bad knee), Greer while able to come up with a big play on occasion can not.

The bottom line comes down to value, McGee wins out period because of his versatility... You are talking about one of the best kick returners of all time.

Last year alone McGee had 78 tackles, 4 picks, 1100 return yards, and a touchdown. Greer had 46 tackles and 2 picks.
I totally disagree with your top point. Mcgee is solid but does get burned. To me it seems like Greer is better at "shutting down" a wr.

Mcgee is no longer a kick returner on this team so the point is moot.

Again I like Mcgee a lot but play so far this year shows me that at the very least Greer is on par if not better.

HHURRICANE
11-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Trade McGee.

This idea actually isn't a bad one however do we believe that Greer is better than McGee?

zone
11-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Like I said I like Greer as well, but with McGee being hobbled it isn't the same. The last few weeks he has been almost back to form. I just think he can cause problems for opposing offense on a more consistent basis than Greer can.

The return stats do mean something to his value and athleticism because while he is not returning kicks for us, he most certainly would be on any other team in the league.

mysticsoto
11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Why does everyone have such a short memory. Yes Greer can make plays every now and then... BUT he is very weak on inside routes and good WRs have been exploiting him all year. Why do you think they decided to use McGee to shadow every team's best WR no matter what side of the field he moved to. McGee is the only CB on this team that can take away a top flight WR.

Keep McGee, let Greer walk next year and go with Mckelvin and Youboty in the slot.

We also have Reggie Corner who has looked good so far in limited action.

Well you can be accused of short memory also. McGee has gotten burned on more than one occasion - and I'm not talking about his return from injury game against Ginn. I would agree with you in that he is probably slightly better than Greer...but now you get into the economics of the situation...is that slightly better play worth the extra millions of dollars he is getting over Greer? Given that football is not all about skill level only but about the business part also...I'd say Op is probably right and that the Bills might want to get something for McGee given that they've hit a jackpot with CBs and have gotten good ones in McKelvin, Corner and Youboty - and currently, all 3 are young and cheap. It really does make sense for the Bills to try and get something out of it and perhaps address certain parts of our team that need addressing with what we get (namely DE or Center - our 2 biggest weaknesses right now) !!!

madness
11-24-2008, 08:13 AM
:shocked:

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

Mahdi
11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Greer over McGee,,, wow. O right he had 2 INTs returned for TDs. That makes him a better cover corner.

How bout when we played the Cards and EVERY Warner throw went to Greer's man on a slant or a square in. Greer is great a making plays but you cant depend on him to cover anyones top receiver. Moss wrecked him last year. This year McGee trailed Moss all over the field, even at Greer's RCB spot. Also it was McGee covering Braylon for the most part and he broke up at least 3 or 4 passes.

McGee is a player that you NEED on your defense to handle the tougher match ups and give your defense some freedom to blitz and use different coverages. Greer can't handle that responsibility. However using him opposite McGee on team's #2 WRs he can hold his own and make some plays every now and then.

Mahdi
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Well you can be accused of short memory also. McGee has gotten burned on more than one occasion - and I'm not talking about his return from injury game against Ginn. I would agree with you in that he is probably slightly better than Greer...but now you get into the economics of the situation...is that slightly better play worth the extra millions of dollars he is getting over Greer? Given that football is not all about skill level only but about the business part also...I'd say Op is probably right and that the Bills might want to get something for McGee given that they've hit a jackpot with CBs and have gotten good ones in McKelvin, Corner and Youboty - and currently, all 3 are young and cheap. It really does make sense for the Bills to try and get something out of it and perhaps address certain parts of our team that need addressing with what we get (namely DE or Center - our 2 biggest weaknesses right now) !!!
Yeah but the point issss... Greer is FA after this year and he will get a bigger contract than McGee has now. So the economics state that you keep the better cheaper corner along with the young and upcoming corners and let the more expensive less talented CB walk.

McGee can play for another 2 or 3 seasons with McKelvin and Youboty can stay on as the nickel until his contract is up and then we can slide Corner in there.

gr8slayer
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Greer > McGee

Mahdi
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Greer > McGee
is like saying....

Anthony Henry > Terrance Newman

gr8slayer
11-24-2008, 12:57 PM
is like saying....

Anthony Henry > Terrance Newman
There are areas where Henry excels over Newman.

zone
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Brad Johnson > Tony Romo

mysticsoto
11-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah but the point issss... Greer is FA after this year and he will get a bigger contract than McGee has now. So the economics state that you keep the better cheaper corner along with the young and upcoming corners and let the more expensive less talented CB walk.

McGee can play for another 2 or 3 seasons with McKelvin and Youboty can stay on as the nickel until his contract is up and then we can slide Corner in there.

Well I guess I'm not picturing Greer getting a greater contract than what McGee makes now. Greer, though decent, hasn't gotten much visibility and I don't think he can command that much yet nor do I think he will have many suitors offering him that much.

If he refuses to negotiate for less than what McGee is making, then you are definitely right, the decision should swing the other way in favor of keeping McGee. I guess I just don't see that happening.
Actually, I just went to look at how much McGee is making and he is relatively cheap. His base salary for this year is like $2.75 million with a cap hit of $4.1 million or so. So in reality, it probably would not make sense to dump him in favor of Greer unless we got a 1st rd offer for him.

Mitchy moo
11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Well I guess I'm not picturing Greer getting a greater contract than what McGee makes now. Greer, though decent, hasn't gotten much visibility and I don't think he can command that much yet nor do I think he will have many suitors offering him that much.

If he refuses to negotiate for less than what McGee is making, then you are definitely right, the decision should swing the other way in favor of keeping McGee. I guess I just don't see that happening.
Actually, I just went to look at how much McGee is making and he is relatively cheap. His base salary for this year is like $2.75 million with a cap hit of $4.1 million or so. So in reality, it probably would not make sense to dump him in favor of Greer unless we got a 1st rd offer for him.

Once we have the first round talent, then we get to pay that guy a fortune for the unknown.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Both Mcgee and Greer are inconsistent. I would keep McGee over Greer though.

baalworship
11-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Greer's most likely team next year is the Pats....there I said it.

BTW, Jauron says McKelvin loses his starting role when Greer is healthy.

Oaf
11-25-2008, 06:04 AM
Greer's a FA, and CB is the highest paid position in the NFL. You really think the Bills will sign him when we have McGee, Youboty, McKelvin and Corner? I don't.
Well if we're spending 6 mill on Kelsay, why wouldn't we do the same for someone that makes a contribution to the team?

Mitchy moo
11-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Greer's most likely team next year is the Pats....there I said it.

BTW, Jauron says McKelvin loses his starting role when Greer is healthy.

Was this before after this past game?

jamze132
11-25-2008, 07:22 AM
To keep in Leodis who do you bench? Greer may be our best corner and I can't see them benching Mcgee.
Change the personnel on the field. Take out Ellison's worthless ass and play more nickle.

madness
11-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Was this before after this past game?

After.

psubills62
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
A guy over on the bb.com message boards has been pushing for switching McGee to free safety. He wants to see all four of our best DB's on the field at once: Whitner, McGee as starting safeties, and Greer/McKelvin as our starting CB's.

McGee has the speed to cover a large area, and can really hit guys. Since we have a bit of a hole at free safety, it's not that bad of an idea, imo.

Any takers for that one?

zone
11-25-2008, 09:35 AM
A guy over on the bb.com message boards has been pushing for switching McGee to free safety. He wants to see all four of our best DB's on the field at once: Whitner, McGee as starting safeties, and Greer/McKelvin as our starting CB's.

McGee has the speed to cover a large area, and can really hit guys. Since we have a bit of a hole at free safety, it's not that bad of an idea, imo.

Any takers for that one?
I wouldn't mind that at all if McGee can really play safety, He is a ball hawk and fast and strong.

Mitchy moo
11-30-2008, 07:25 AM
It's on for Big Mc today!!