PDA

View Full Version : how the hell did we give up 31 to them!?

chernobylwraiths
11-23-2008, 06:22 PM
:sarcasm:

I wonder what things we did wrong that some will point out?

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Zone Defense & a 30 point lead.

Don't Panic
11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
The fact that they put up 450+ yards is worth noting... no matter how big our lead was. Other than that, shots of happiness all around.

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
This defense was pretty putrid today, but like every other time this team wins, some people get waaaayyyy to giddy. Look at the big picture and not just what you want to see. Yes, great win, but you can't allow a bad team like KC to light up our defense like that. Yet again, this team knocks off another terrible team and everybody is thinking playoffs. Enjoy it, but relax...at least until they beat somebody who is actually a good team.

zone
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I think the D came up with some big plays at times obviously the pick 6 was one of them, but we do have to work on stopping the one big run play every team seams to get on us, I think that will come once one of our strong safety's gets healthy.

In other news Stroud is a beast and worth his weight in gold IMO.

Nighthawk
11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
I think the D came up with some big plays at times obviously the pick 6 was one of them, but we do have to work on stopping the one big run play every team seams to get on us, I think that will come once one of our strong safety's gets healthy.

In other news Stroud is a beast and worth his weight in gold IMO.

That's one very good thing that the defense did today and that was to actually take the ball away from the other team. That was a positive for that side of the ball.

HHURRICANE
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Ellis sucks. We better bring some real DEs next year. I bet our secondary has more sacks than our D-line!!

Mitchell55
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Ellis sucks. We better bring some real DEs next year. I bet our secondary has more sacks than our D-line!!

1st, this was only the 3rd or 4th game he actually got some reps in. 2nd, we never said Hardy or McKelvin sucked even though niether did nothing for most of the season. Relax and bills fans should know now that player progress.

thenry20
11-24-2008, 01:58 AM
:sarcasm:

I wonder what things we did wrong that some will point out?

Very bad tackling.

Historian
11-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Very bad tackling.

I wanna know how Mitchell goes from Super Bowl Champ to Chump in nine months.

Typ0
11-24-2008, 04:43 AM
I doubt we win another game because of this putrid defense.

mchurchfie
11-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Zone Defense & a 30 point lead.
We didn't have a 30 point lead the first three TDs they got.

That's one very good thing that the defense did today and that was to actually take the ball away from the other team. That was a positive for that side of the ball.
The strip on the RB was the only good one by the defense, the TD return was great individual play by the McElvin and the other two were gifts from the KC QB. Other than that they played absolutely horrible. There was the obligatory long run by an opposing RB which we are used to seeing at least once a week. If I see Kelsay go blasting past a RB carrying the ball whie he is headed to the QB I'm going to put my foot through the TV. Does this guy ever watch who has the ball? He is terrible in every sense. Then how do you let a future hall of famer TG run down the sideline free for a long gain, plus get open as much as he did? Mitchell played totally uninspired like he was afraid of breaking a nail. He was absolutely brutal. He gets beat badly by a backup RB for TD with a halfass effort to tackle him at the end. Instead of tackling the QB for a safety he runs in and gives him a quit assrub as he escapes. Plus he whiffed on him for another sack and was missing tackles all day. If the Cover Two is supposed to take away the big play, why do KC and every other team make big plays on us every game? They can't get rid of Fewell, Jauron, and their Cover Two for me quick enough. As long as we have him and his defense we will always be behind the eightball. They need to blow this defense up and get some players in here who can tackle play basic football soundly.

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Our D sucks. All year WR's have been wide open. Crappier teams usually have a QB who isn't accurate, OR WR's who drop balls that are right in their hands, or both. If we had been playing a playoff caliber O we would have lost the game... Our D cannot hang with solid offenses. This was proven with Arizona, Miami, NY, NE. Our D was even exposed against Cleveland.

San Diego was the only acception of our D playing against a top half O.

last week we were ranked 13th in D, this week we are 17th. Perry Ferwell has never had a D that ended the season in the top half.

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I doubt we win another game because of this putrid defense.

We should beat the 49ers, but our AFC East foes are games where our D either steps it up in a major way or we lose... unless the O can score 40 points

Mitchell55
11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I wanna know how Mitchell goes from Super Bowl Champ to Chump in nine months.

Dude, he is one of our best players who could end up in hawaii at the end of the year.

Pinkerton Security
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
LJ seemed to either run wild or get stuffed, no in-between.

7 of those 31 came on a play where Georgie fell down in coverage.

Pinkerton Security
11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Dude, he is one of our best players who could end up in hawaii at the end of the year.

because why? He has had 2 good games, the rest I see him out of position and overall a decent-at-best open field tackler. He is good at blitzing, but other than a sack or 2 and the pick against SD, I havent seen too much from him.

MikeInRoch
11-24-2008, 12:39 PM
How many starters out?