• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Happy? Yes...BUT!

OK, time for me to hit the pessimism button. Don't get me wrong I am happy they won but how do you give up 31 points to that team? Moreover, check the running stats...the Bills basically shut them down but gave up four runs of longer than 20 yards. That's inexcusable. The defense was still porous and another team would have put a 50 spot on us. The way the offense played they should have put up more and it could really have been one of the biggest blow outs ever. Today showed that this defense is just not ready to lead a playoff team.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • FatalShot
    • Nov 2007

Re: Happy? Yes...BUT!

We should make clones of McKelvin and put him at every defensive position!

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

The team isn't ready to be a playoff team yet, not just the defense. But they have no doubt made huge strides from last year and the year before. I said at the start of the year that they are two years away and I still think they are. But you'd be stupid not to recognize that they are getting there, slowly but surely.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        OK, time for me to hit the pessimism button. Don't get me wrong I am happy they won but how do you give up 31 points to that team? Moreover, check the running stats...the Bills basically shut them down but gave up four runs of longer than 20 yards. That's inexcusable. The defense was still porous and another team would have put a 50 spot on us. The way the offense played they should have put up more and it could really have been one of the biggest blow outs ever. Today showed that this defense is just not ready to lead a playoff team.
        Perry Fool just isn't a good coach and he is somebody that must be replaced at the end of the season...whether Dickey is here or not!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          Perry Fool just isn't a good coach and he is somebody that must be replaced at the end of the season...whether Dickey is here or not!
          I don't think it is Fewell's (Fool was funny the first 500 times - didn't you tell Sue to get off Edwards in the Gameday thread?) fault when players miss tackles or are badly out of position.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            I don't think it is Fewell's (Fool was funny the first 500 times - didn't you tell Sue to get off Edwards in the Gameday thread?) fault when players miss tackles or are badly out of position.
            Well, until he proves he isn't a fool, then that's what he gets called. I don't even need to argue this with you...he's bad and there is no arguement.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Romeo Crennel as our D coordinator.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

No serious pass rushing DE, Keith Ellison as a starting OLB and injured DBs and it's Fewell's fault?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

BTW Eb, I posted it first.

But since you asked. My questions:

1. Why was Edwards still in there late in the game?
                  2. Why was Edwards still throwing the ball with a 30 point lead?
                  3. Why the hell did we kneel the ball down and give it back to them? At least run the ball and try to get a first.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                    No serious pass rushing DE, Keith Ellison as a starting OLB and injured DBs and it's Fewell's fault?
                    And who decided that these backups were good enough to play for this defense? Yes, Perry Fool has say on who is on his defense. You excuse makers are funny.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      And who decided that these backups were good enough to play for this defense? Yes, Perry Fool has say on who is on his defense. You excuse makers are funny.
                      People that always blame coaching on everything are funny too. Should we have brought in every elite player there was on the market? THEY ARE BACKUPS! You won't find world burners that want to be backups.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                        People that always blame coaching on everything are funny too. Should we have brought in every elite player there was on the market? THEY ARE BACKUPS! You won't find world burners that want to be backups.
                        If it wasn't right, it would be funny. However, since it is right, there really isn't anything funny about it.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                          By the way, the people who try to say it isn't coaching, say we don't have enough talent. Well, guess what? The coach gets a say who stays and who goes on this roster...he's kept a lot of garbage.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

So who should have they kept over these guys?

Coy Wire might have been nice (who is still in the NFL, btw). But other than that, who did they have better than the guys they have?

These guys are back-ups for a reason. You don't get starter production out of back-ups.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              So who should have they kept over these guys?

Coy Wire might have been nice (who is still in the NFL, btw). But other than that, who did they have better than the guys they have?

These guys are back-ups for a reason. You don't get starter production out of back-ups.
                              there are a few guys who have been pretty good with other teams but they haven't been anything amazing. Jim Leonard has done a good job in Baltimore, Bannan has done well, Jennings was doing okay before injuries hit, Stamer has made a few good plays, Haggan is up to be a possible starter in Denver and has done some good things on ST's, but really, that's about it.

That being said, the Bills screwed up letting Fletcher go. Posluszny is not fit for a C2 MLB and would have been better off on the outside with Fletcher in the middle. It would have also kept the veteran leadership this team needs so bad.

Nate Clemets got destroyed by T.O. today and Spikes got to meet the Barbarian in the hole and the Barbarian won.

Comment

Working...
                              X