Ko simpson almost made us lose the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Ko simpson almost made us lose the game

His job is to cover Tony G and make sure no long runs. Well Tony G had 100+ yards against him and Larry Johnson had 4 20+ runs. Each time Tony gonzalez had a catch, Ko was right there which means it was his man, and on the long runs, each one he was burnt at the line and then chasing after him. We need to play Byron Scott more. He single handedly stopped Antonio Gates and Kellen Winslow.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Ko simpson almost made us lose the game

Scott was hurt and had limited reps, that is why he did not play much.

But I agree that Simpson has disappointed this year.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

Yea, almost.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
        His job is to cover Tony G and make sure no long runs. Well Tony G had 100+ yards against him and Larry Johnson had 4 20+ runs. Each time Tony gonzalez had a catch, Ko was right there which means it was his man, and on the long runs, each one he was burnt at the line and then chasing after him. We need to play Byron Scott more. He single handedly stopped Antonio Gates and Kellen Winslow.
        Ellison gave up at least one completion to TG and it was Wilson's man on the long play down the sideline (where he got the big hit). So, TG's production wasn't ALL Simpson's fault.

But I agree, Simpson was terrible. He got beat in pass coverage several times and also got burned on LJ's long run. Scott jumped ahead of Simpson on the depth chart for a reason. Unfortunately, Simpson seems to be one of those guys who has all the physical tools but lacks the smarts. It was no secret that he was raw when they drafted him and the Bills knew he would be a project. But after 2 years, the results aren't good.

I know, 3 years, but I'm not counting the season he was injured.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dantheman1280
          I am the Man!
          • Mar 2004

Simpson was not good my any means, but did anyone notice how many times Michell looked out of place, or ran by the play. He is extremely overrated in my opinion!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dantheman1280
            Simpson was not good my any means, but did anyone notice how many times Michell looked out of place, or ran by the play. He is extremely overrated in my opinion!
            He missed the pass coverage then missed the tackle in that long play down the sideline. On one play, he tried to strip the ball from LJ rather than just making the tackle and it allowed him to get a first down. Those two plays come immediately to mind, but he was out of position most of the day.

I said this last week: Mitchell is feast or famine. Send him on a blitz and he'll make a spectacular play, but drop him into pass coverage on 2nd and 10 or tell him to make a tackle on a run on 2nd and 5 and he sucks.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Corner was in coverage on most of Gonzo's completions. This, however, does not refute the point the Simpson sucks. He is playing himself out of a job IMO.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                He missed the pass coverage then missed the tackle in that long play down the sideline. On one play, he tried to strip the ball from LJ rather than just making the tackle and it allowed him to get a first down. Those two plays come immediately to mind, but he was out of position most of the day.

I said this last week: Mitchell is feast or famine. Send him on a blitz and he'll make a spectacular play, but drop him into pass coverage on 2nd and 10 or tell him to make a tackle on a run on 2nd and 5 and he sucks.
                Yep. And, did you see his would-be safety? Come on Mitchell, wrap him up. I think they should blitz him from all angles. Or zone blitz him. Even if it means rotating in Ellis or Bryan more often, because they might be better at dropping back the Denney or Kelsey. Just to mix it up. Mitchell is much better when moving forward. And he seems to apply good pressure.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

the only thing mitchell can do is get to the quarterback...should just send him in every play because he really does great with his blitz timings and can shoot the gap as well as anyone in the league.

outside of his INT in the SD game though his pass coverage has been awful
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• thenry20
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                    It's up to the D-line and LB's to limit runs not the secondary (they're in for pass coverage last I checked). Where did you learn football?

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by thenry20
                      It's up to the D-line and LB's to limit runs not the secondary (they're in for pass coverage last I checked). Where did you learn football?
                      It's up to a free safety to prevent the big play, and keep everything in front of him. Not only did Johnson blow by him, Simpson actually pulled up on the play.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Simpson has indeed been a bit of a disappointment. While I'm ready to fill his spot, we do have to remember Youboty and how long it took for him to develop. I'd actually be happy with having Scott and Whitner as our starting safeties next year, though depth would be nice.

Corner let up a few receptions, but was anyone else pretty impressed with how he played? I remember at least one throw to Gonzo that Corner nearly intercepted (I think it bounced off a guy). He was decent yesterday from what I saw (though I didn't pay all that much attention to specific players).
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                        X