PDA

View Full Version : Turk & Crew have to get some love from today.....

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 11:07 PM
They scored 47 points man, I mean wow what a difference in play calling. We played with little fear and that initial goal line 4th down and going for it told me that we are out for blood. This pussy footing around stuff had to stop.

It was foot on the gas all day until the very end and we grabbed their coins and twisted them in a knot. Congrats to Turk, Trent, the line, Evans with his 110 yards and everyone else involved. Even freaking Royal got a chance to redeem himself after a earlier drop, no one left out.

Offensive performances like this give me wood, truth be told.

raphael120
11-23-2008, 11:09 PM
While I like what I saw today, you have to realize the team we played against only has 1 win. It's going to take more than today to erase the horrid play of the last month. But it's a damn good way to start!

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 11:18 PM
While I like what I saw today, you have to realize the team we played against only has 1 win. It's going to take more than today to erase the horrid play of the last month. But it's a damn good way to start!

Nobody ever scored that many points on KC, ever. So you can say they have a bad team all you want but we beat them down the worst in their history. It's not so much just beating a inferior opponent, it's the going for the throat mentality that came out today that we have been lacking. Trent ran all over the place, throwing passing and hitting his targets. Whatever it took to succeed he did it.

I want a gamer that knows only where to find the gas pedal, not the brake. That's all we seen today, all gas / all day. When you play the better team and they know your foot is on the gas, they have to account for everything you do. How hard did the Browns have to play to account for 3 runs up the middle and us never advancing past the point needed to secure the win with a close enough FG?

The coaches know that we can play great ball if given the chance to succeed, they let it all hang out today and we did great.

P.S. This was a road game and the home team won like 10 of the last 11 in the series. KC is not a easy place to play either, they almost won a few big games this year there.

raphael120
11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
This is one game out of how many where we found the gas pedal and stomped on the *****. We don't play teams as bad as KC every week. We still have to beat the 3 other teams in our division and theyre above and beyond better than KC.

But like i said, I'll take it man, I just hope we ride this baby out the rest of the season/

Mitchy moo
11-23-2008, 11:25 PM
This is one game out of how many where we found the gas pedal and stomped on the *****. We don't play teams as bad as KC every week. We still have to beat the 3 other teams in our division and theyre above and beyond better than KC.

But like i said, I'll take it man, I just hope we ride this baby out the rest of the season/

It was a short week as well with no real days off, which makes it even more impressive. I also understand that we lost our mojo for a month there but the game is on again.

raphael120
11-23-2008, 11:28 PM
After last Monday night, all Bills fans needed a game like this to happen. Bout damn time we were on the right end of one of these things for once.

Buffalogic
11-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Coaching was the worst part. I don't think Turk ever heard of a toss or a stretch play inside the ten yard line. If we were playing a more competitive opponent those two goaline stops might have cost us the game.

We need to run toss plays to Lynch when we get to, or inside the opponents 10 yrd line. It's painfully obvious to me, but the coaches can't see it. Instead, we'll keep running it over and over into Duke Preston's back as he gets blown off the ball.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Turk should've logged on here sooner and listen to us posters who told him that there is such a thing as play action. It did wonders for the O.

madness
11-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Play action only works when teams fear your running game... which happened yesterday for the first time this season.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Play action only works when teams fear your running game... which happened yesterday for the first time this season.

that was the case the last game. We were the only team in the entire NFL that did NOT run the play action once two games prior. Thats a stat that the commentators mentioned .

madness
11-24-2008, 09:29 AM
that was the case the last game. We were the only team in the entire NFL that did NOT run the play action once two games prior. Thats a stat that the commentators mentioned .

Yes, but the running game didn't really change the Browns D until late in the game. The was the first game were we established the run right out the gate.

Oh man, that sounds so sad. :doh:

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes, but the running game didn't really change the Browns D until late in the game. The was the first game were we established the run right out the gate.

Oh man, that sounds so sad. :doh:
Not true. I have the game tape. When both Lynch and Jackson would rip them consecutively for big gains, they stacked the line a few times because they new we were running again and we did and went no where.

madness
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Not true. I have the game tape. When both Lynch and Jackson would rip them consecutively for big gains, they stacked the line a few times because they new we were running again and we did and went no where.

JMO but I wouldn't exactly call that fearing the running game.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:41 AM
JMO but I wouldn't exactly call that fearing the running game.
teams don't have to fear you to run the play action. If they expect you to run and play the run, it's the best time to run a play action.

HHURRICANE
11-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Edwards had a tough game against Cleveland that got exasperated by terrible play calling and coaching.

The fact that Turk pulled his head out of his butt for a 1-10 team doesn't give him props.

If we get to NJ with a 3 game winning streak than maybe I'll feel differently.

RockStar36
11-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm glad it happened and I'm happy they put up 54 points but I'm not going to get all pumped up again. If they win the next two games I might start.

madness
11-24-2008, 10:21 AM
teams don't have to fear you to run the play action. If they expect you to run and play the run, it's the best time to run a play action.

“You don’t see that happen all that much and what was happening was our defense was getting turnovers for us,” said <NOBR>Trent Edwardshttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/trent-edwards/26db3ddb-7753-4604-ac7f-eb78856a889a/)</NOBR>. “We were getting good field position from special teams and turnovers. <NOBR>Rian Lindellhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/rian-lindell/2635a2e4-05a5-403e-92a3-8cc1d812037d/)</NOBR> was hot with four field goals and our run game was going and it set up our play action pass game and it’s why we were able to score.”

The run game has to actually "go" first.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
The run game has to actually "go" first.
vs. browns
Buffalo Bills at 04:52
1-10-BUF 1 (4:52) 23-M.Lynch left guard to BUF 5 for 4 yards (22-B.McDonald; 26-S.Jones).
2-6-BUF 5 (4:15) 23-M.Lynch left guard to BUF 10 for 5 yards (94-L.Williams).
Timeout #1 by BUF at 03:28.
3-1-BUF 10 (3:28) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short middle intended for 84-R.Royal INTERCEPTED by 22-B.McDonald [99-C.Williams] at BUF 15. 22-B.McDonald to BUF 12 for 3 yards (13-St.Johnson).

we could've ran a play action but instead we decided to let the D know that we're throwing by going shotgun. It was predictable and the result was INT

Buffalo Bills at 09:29
4-P.Dawson kicks 75 yards from CLE 30 to BUF -5. 28-L.McKelvin, Touchback.
1-10-BUF 20 (9:29) 23-M.Lynch left guard to BUF 27 for 7 yards (91-S.Smith, 54-A.Davis).
2-3-BUF 27 (8:57) 23-M.Lynch left end pushed ob at BUF 31 for 4 yards (95-K.Wimbley).

would've been a great time to run a play action instead the very next play....

1-10-BUF 31 (8:31) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to BUF 30 for -1 yards (92-S.Rogers).

thats just a couple of drives I am pointing out. There were several times in that game where we were very predictable the very next play .

the fact that we ran several play actions yesterday as compared to the browns means Turk finally realized the importance of the play action which he should've done vs. the browns where our running was at it's best.

madness
11-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Did you see Trent that game? That last thing Turk probably wanted to do at that point was throw the ball.

You're hanging on to one game where we actually had a running game but the passing game was helping the other team more than ours.

Stop :deadhorse. The play action simply hasn't been there to benefit from.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Did you see Trent that game? That last thing Turk probably wanted to do at that point was throw the ball.

You're hanging on to one game where we actually had a running game but the passing game was helping the other team more than ours.

Stop :deadhorse. The play action simply hasn't been there to benefit from.
nope as I mentioned earlier, we were the only team in the entire NFL prior to the browns game who didn't attempt a play action call.

Since we ran it several times yesterday could mean Turk finally realized it helps lessen predictability. Almost everyone here agreed that this O was conservative and predictable. We weren't yesterday.