PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Happy? Yes...BUT!

chernobylwraiths
11-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Forked from: Happy? Yes...BUT! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2742425)

BTW Eb, I posted it first. :D

But since you asked. My questions:

1. Why was Edwards still in there late in the game?
2. Why was Edwards still throwing the ball with a 30 point lead?
3. Why the hell did we kneel the ball down and give it back to them? At least run the ball and try to get a first.

anyone else have any problems with some of the coaching decisions yesterday in a blowout win?

BlackMetalNinja
11-24-2008, 06:44 AM
I agree with the 4th down kneel. You at least try to pick up the first and keep the clock running there. Also wouldn't have minded seeing Edwards out a series or two sooner.

Dujek
11-24-2008, 06:48 AM
The kneel down inside the 2 minute mark got to me. The Bills should have tried to get another first down to allow them to completely run out the clock.

As for the rest of it; Edwards needed confidence, so keeping him in there and letting him throw the football when he was getting results is fair enough in my opinion.

DraftBoy
11-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Bad clock management continues, and some questionable play calls on both sides of the ball, but when you put up 54 none of that really becomes glaring.

billsburgh
11-24-2008, 07:31 AM
there was a play where Trent needed to call a time out because the play clock had run down and this was right after a penalty on the chiefs. that kind of stuff is ridiculous

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I am happy they made a statement and have zero problems with them keeping Edwards and Co. in the game. He needs all the confidence he can get.

EricStratton
11-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Trent stayed in long enough to get Evans over 100 yards, I have no problem with that or the late game kneel downs.

madness
11-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Trent obviously got his confidence back and I'm sure Turk wanted to keep it rolling instead of cutting it short.

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 08:27 AM
The O needed to have this game,

BUT... besides a few plays and great ball hawking by McKelvin I still think our D SUCKS BALLS, and it was again exposed for being a weak, bend don't break, too much cushion styled scheme. 31 points given up, wide open WR's everywhere, and a few key drops by wide open KC WR's benefitted the D... Once again the D was torched by some huge runs.

Playoff caliber O's will destroy us...

madness
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Ever since Thigpen took over, KC's O hasn't exactly been a slouch.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Trent obviously got his confidence back and I'm sure Turk wanted to keep it rolling instead of cutting it short.
Trent needed all the snaps he could get.