X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

What this win means

With another win over a lousy team, the Bills have sucked us back into having that small amount of hope that they can put it together and make a run to the playoffs only to be dealt another crushing blow in the next important game. It's hard to get excited about this team again only to be let down again.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: What this win means

Well, I agree.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

It also means that DJ's job is safe for one more week...

........damnit!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
        With another win over a lousy team, the Bills have sucked us back into having that small amount of hope that they can put it together and make a run to the playoffs only to be dealt another crushing blow in the next important game. It's hard to get excited about this team again only to be let down again.
        Read my "Playoffs?!" thread.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

They said the same thng about the Giants last season. If we can starting hanging 30 + points on our opponents a game, we are going to win most of them.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
            They said the same thng about the Giants last season. If we can starting hanging 30 + points on our opponents a game, we are going to win most of them.
            If the Bills were playing the Kansas City Chiefs and their ilk all year then yes, hanging 30+ points is no problem and the wins should be plentiful.

That being said, the Bills have three divisional games left and can at least have a say in who wins the division.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Trent needs to watch more film on the many looks a defense will give him. If he can memorize a lot more than just one ones he's "familiar" with, he'll do better in the stretch. KC happens to use a "familiar" defense, so Trent was/looked amazing. Let's see what he does against the "unfamiliar" defense of MIA, Jets & NE the second time around, now that he's a little more familiar with them.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

So we shouldn't get excited over a win? That's just downright boring and conservative.

Hmmm... that sounds like the man so many of you hate. Dick.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I think we're all excited about the win, but I'm prepared for what Billsburgh described. It's usually the way it goes.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                    I think we're all excited about the win, but I'm prepared for what Billsburgh described. It's usually the way it goes.
                    ...and a part of life for most sports fans. Some try to block it out and ban their team, some cry and pout, some *****, and some just deal with it and move on to next week.

I say take the highs while you can and move on.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

It just sucks that our highs can only come from knocking off teams with losing records, teams in turmoil about to fire their coaches, etc. Someday it would be nice if our team could roll with the big boys.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Or make big plays against big teams when they count.

Oh well, at least we are still going along with the plan I set out before the Browns game. That is, lose the heartbreaker, win KC, SF, and Fins, lose to the Jets and head against Denver and NE at 8-6.

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

I'll enjoy the ride until we face the next 3-4 defense on our schedule. We just can't prepare to face those defenses. That's where the wheels come off...
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by superbills
                            I'll enjoy the ride until we face the next 3-4 defense on our schedule. We just can't prepare to face those defenses. That's where the wheels come off...
                            exactly!

Comment

• JPFBillsFan
                              • Jan 2006

I want to win the Superbowl, not just make the playoffs...

Comment

Working...
                              X