PDA

View Full Version : What this win means

billsburgh
11-24-2008, 07:29 AM
With another win over a lousy team, the Bills have sucked us back into having that small amount of hope that they can put it together and make a run to the playoffs only to be dealt another crushing blow in the next important game. It's hard to get excited about this team again only to be let down again.

yordad
11-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Well, I agree.

Pride
11-24-2008, 08:15 AM
It also means that DJ's job is safe for one more week...

........damnit!

HHURRICANE
11-24-2008, 08:55 AM
With another win over a lousy team, the Bills have sucked us back into having that small amount of hope that they can put it together and make a run to the playoffs only to be dealt another crushing blow in the next important game. It's hard to get excited about this team again only to be let down again.

Read my "Playoffs?!" thread.

Mitchy moo
11-24-2008, 09:00 AM
They said the same thng about the Giants last season. If we can starting hanging 30 + points on our opponents a game, we are going to win most of them.

EDS
11-24-2008, 09:04 AM
They said the same thng about the Giants last season. If we can starting hanging 30 + points on our opponents a game, we are going to win most of them.

If the Bills were playing the Kansas City Chiefs and their ilk all year then yes, hanging 30+ points is no problem and the wins should be plentiful.

That being said, the Bills have three divisional games left and can at least have a say in who wins the division.

mybills
11-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Trent needs to watch more film on the many looks a defense will give him. If he can memorize a lot more than just one ones he's "familiar" with, he'll do better in the stretch. KC happens to use a "familiar" defense, so Trent was/looked amazing. Let's see what he does against the "unfamiliar" defense of MIA, Jets & NE the second time around, now that he's a little more familiar with them.

madness
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
So we shouldn't get excited over a win? That's just downright boring and conservative.

Hmmm... that sounds like the man so many of you hate. Dick.

mybills
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I think we're all excited about the win, but I'm prepared for what Billsburgh described. It's usually the way it goes.

madness
11-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I think we're all excited about the win, but I'm prepared for what Billsburgh described. It's usually the way it goes.

...and a part of life for most sports fans. Some try to block it out and ban their team, some cry and pout, some *****, and some just deal with it and move on to next week.

I say take the highs while you can and move on.

raphael120
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
It just sucks that our highs can only come from knocking off teams with losing records, teams in turmoil about to fire their coaches, etc. Someday it would be nice if our team could roll with the big boys.

Oaf
11-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Or make big plays against big teams when they count.

Oh well, at least we are still going along with the plan I set out before the Browns game. That is, lose the heartbreaker, win KC, SF, and Fins, lose to the Jets and head against Denver and NE at 8-6.

superbills
11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll enjoy the ride until we face the next 3-4 defense on our schedule. We just can't prepare to face those defenses. That's where the wheels come off...

mybills
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll enjoy the ride until we face the next 3-4 defense on our schedule. We just can't prepare to face those defenses. That's where the wheels come off...
exactly!

JPFBillsFan
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I want to win the Superbowl, not just make the playoffs...

billsburgh
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I want to win the Superbowl, not just make the playoffs...
dont we all?

Borosai
11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
This win means the Bills aren't one of the NFL's bottom feeders. Obviously, I'm happy they won the game (it was about time), but it was against a bad team. At least they performed better -- on the road -- than they did against the Browns (another bad team) at home.

superbills
11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
exactly!

Crap. Well, I just read the article on Turk Shonert staying up in the booth to call plays and it turns out that the 49ers run a 3-4. Maybe this will be a good test for us. San Fran is crap, but their defensive scheme gives us fits. We gameplan for the 3-4, hopefully have some success against a mediocre team and then take the positives from that and build on it for the Miami game. If we're going to make one final push for the playoffs, we'll have to run the gauntlet facing those extra linebackers...

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I can understand where everyone is coming from. Only the bills are the ones who could make 4 straight sb's and not win one of them. I forgot the nos. but how many team started off 5-0 and missed the playoffs?

If we're not the only one I'm not surprised we are going to be one of the few that does . Heartache is part of being a bills fan. This is why we are the greatest fans in the NFL. We still come back for more.

Pride
11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Didnt we start off 4-1? Then 5-1 after the SD game?

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I forget , eitherways it's still not looking good for us.

billsburgh
11-25-2008, 07:19 AM
yes, you are right Pride.

mybills
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Crap. Well, I just read the article on Turk Shonert staying up in the booth to call plays and it turns out that the 49ers run a 3-4. Maybe this will be a good test for us. San Fran is crap, but their defensive scheme gives us fits. We gameplan for the 3-4, hopefully have some success against a mediocre team and then take the positives from that and build on it for the Miami game. If we're going to make one final push for the playoffs, we'll have to run the gauntlet facing those extra linebackers...
:ill: Jauron should have our defense practice the 3-4 this week..plus throw pads at Trent while he's trying to throw the ball. :snicker:

psubills62
11-25-2008, 10:11 AM
I can understand where everyone is coming from. Only the bills are the ones who could make 4 straight sb's and not win one of them. I forgot the nos. but how many team started off 5-0 and missed the playoffs?

If we're not the only one I'm not surprised we are going to be one of the few that does . Heartache is part of being a bills fan. This is why we are the greatest fans in the NFL. We still come back for more.

I think there are 8 teams who started 4-0 and didn't make the playoffs. Were those the numbers you were looking for? It's in CB's blog somewhere if you want to search for it...he lists all the teams and the year. I think the last time it happened was 2003, but I'm not positive.

justasportsfan
11-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I think there are 8 teams who started 4-0 and didn't make the playoffs. Were those the numbers you were looking for? It's in CB's blog somewhere if you want to search for it...he lists all the teams and the year. I think the last time it happened was 2003, but I'm not positive.

sad that once again our team MIGHT BE on another list of bad things .