• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

unsung hero

George Wilson played a solid overall game and made a few things happen, including a fumble recovery and a sack.. He should start for Ko Simpson moving forward; who is suddenly BRUTAL. How many terrible angles is this clown going to take in one season? I can’t believe I was so high on this guy before the season started.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • buffalony85
    • Nov 2007

Re: unsung hero

George Wilson Did Give Up Another Big TD

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      George Wilson played a solid overall game and made a few things happen, including a fumble recovery and a sack.. He should start for Ko Simpson moving forward; who is suddenly BRUTAL. How many terrible angles is this clown going to take in one season? I can’t believe I was so high on this guy before the season started.
      Poor Ko just never seems to be in position. He showed how much we missed having Whitner to match up against TE's. Im pretty sure TG wouldnt have had 10 freaking catches with Whitner lined up across from him.

Lets hope the extra time helps Whitner rest and heal up!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I agree. Wilson had one bad play when he slipped (which is a mistake that happens), but played well overall.

I do think this game shows that Whitner is not a bust and anybody who thinks he is has to be insane.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          He played OK, but I'm not ready to annoint him yet. I've been the biggest fan of Wilson ever since his WR days. But my biggest gripe about him at Safety is that he frequently lets a WR get behind him in our cover 2 - which should be unforgivable. He probably thinks he can catch up (or more than likely does it to cheat and help support the run), but inevitably, he almost always gives up the TD when he does it. He just cannot let a WR get behind him, period!!!

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            I agree. Wilson had one bad play when he slipped (which is a mistake that happens), but played well overall.

I do think this game shows that Whitner is not a bust and anybody who thinks he is has to be insane.
            I don't think anyone consider Whitner to be a bust in the sense that he is a bad player, just relative to his draft status he is not the type of difference maker you would expect from such a highly drafted safety.

Also, lets face facts, Whitner has taken his fair share of bad angles over the years and coverage is still something he needs work on.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

George Wilson lying on his back was impressive.

Sorry, but this is another case of falling in love with our mediocre players.

Would George Wilson make another roster in this league???

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                George Wilson lying on his back was impressive.

Sorry, but this is another case of falling in love with our mediocre players.

Would George Wilson make another roster in this league???
                Yes.

Just like Jim Leonard, Justin Bannan, Coy Wire, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, etc.

The depth in the NFL is not what it was 15 years ago due to expansion and FA.

I don't think anybody is "in love" with Wilson.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• billsburgh
                  • Jul 2003

next season, I expect our starting safeties to be Donte at FS and Bryan Scott at SS

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I like Wilson. After last year I was a little surprised to see Ko take over the starting spot again this year. As far as I'm concerned Wilson should be starting the rest of the season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by billsburgh
                      next season, I expect our starting safeties to be Donte at FS and Bryan Scott at SS
                      You're right. That's probably what will happen - and I think I'd much prefer that.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Yeah, I really don't think he can be placed in the hero category. He made enough good plays to make up for his bad plays, but thats about it. Not bad.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

You know, after thinking about this for a bit, I have to say, the player I think is a clear unsung hero this season so far is Walker! People *****ed about him coming here and making too much money when he came from a suspect Oline in Oakland. But this year, he's been the most consistent player in the Oline, does not get the 1-2 penalties our top LT and LG tend to get per game, does not get bullrushed like our Center frequently does, has not had the inconsistency our RG position has had (even Butler has been inconsistent from time to time) and has been the quietest of them all with rarely a peep heard from. I'd say that means he's doing his job - and a damn good job at that.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Actually, as long as Whitner and Scott are healthy, I'd prefer having them start every game. Wilson is a decent backup, but not much more. Same with Simpson.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

I've been calling for Wilson to start at FS all season. I thought he played far better last year than Simpson ever did before his injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X