PDA

View Full Version : POz

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Is he still on the team? :idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
For a guy with such a cool name he's not showing much on the field.

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
He does lead the team in tackles at least.

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I got a brief glimpse of him as Tyler Thigpen beat him to the outside on a scramble. Other than that, I haven't seen him in weeks.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:43 AM
I haven't heard his named called in ages. Lucky for him Dig got injured. As average as Ellison has been, he's been more visible than Poz. H'es hardly ever around the ball anymore.

hydro
11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I agree. I would like to see him make a few game changing plays. Haven't seen anything like that this year.

BlackMetalNinja
11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
He was definitely invisible yesterday. The only play I clearly recall him on was the McKelvin INT return, he was kind of blocking out in front of him briefly.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
He was definitely invisible yesterday. The only play I clearly recall him on was the McKelvin INT return, he was kind of blocking out in front of him briefly.
At one point i decided to focus on him. He got thrown on his arse and he guessed wrong in the next play.

He was full of fire when the season started . I'm not sure is Schobel's injury affected his game now that he has to help defend the run instead of being allowed to roam and make plays . :idunno:

billsburgh
11-24-2008, 09:55 AM
and I was questioned a few weeks ago for calling him disappointing so far.

RockStar36
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Poz is going to be fine guys. This is technically his rookie year so he isn't going to be spectacular every week. You might not be hearing his name but in some cases that is a good thing.

Pinkerton Security
11-24-2008, 10:04 AM
He made a big stop on 3rd down at some point...cant remember the play exactly, but stymied a guy right near the line. He seems to be a very solid tackler, at the very least.

bigbub2352
11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Technically first year as a starter,
He is taking on alot of blocks cause they run right at Ellison most of the time, he makes alot of tackles but i think mite be better suited to play OLB, and we should be looking for a MLB in the draft, he needs to be able to roam

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Poz is what he is. I think we may have put him a little too high on the pedastal. He is a solid player but doesnt look like he will ever be a game changer.

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Poz is what he is. I think we may have put him a little too high on the pedastal. He is a solid player but doesnt look like he will ever be a game changer.

That description fits far too many of our early round draft picks over the last few years.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 10:29 AM
That description fits far too many of our early round draft picks over the last few years.
I believe it's coaching. We could've drafted the best players and our coaches would've made them look average.

madness
11-24-2008, 10:34 AM
So this is the flavor of the week?

BillsWin
11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
leads the team in tackles. against the Browns he had two just bone crushing tackles.

I didn't watch the KC game, but according to the NFL.com stats...

he had 3 tackles. which by looking at the rest of the team, he is only 1 short of being tied for the most that game.

So, just because he's not picking QBs off every week, doesn't mean we should jump his jock.

Someone made a good point of how when Schobel got injured Poz may not have been able to roam as much to make plays.

Did bashing a benched Losman get old?

trapezeus
11-24-2008, 12:14 PM
i think the sentiment of the thread is that we were told that our defense has to be smaller because we want fast attacking style of play. and mitchell, poz and ellison are getting outrun by FB's and QB's. So now we have small slow guys. which is the worst of all scenarios.

it's not just on the LB's. i mean the DL and LB's need some upgrades over the offseason. No doubt.

mchurchfie
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
He's too busy dropping in coverage all of the time.

billser
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
So it seems like our only playmaker on defense is.....McKelvin??

gr8slayer
11-24-2008, 12:44 PM
It's not his fault that he's out of place in this defense. Move him outside and you might be looking at a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Ingtar33
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I haven't heard his named called in ages. Lucky for him Dig got injured. As average as Ellison has been, he's been more visible than Poz. H'es hardly ever around the ball anymore.

Ellison has been more visible because he's always overrunning his gap and letting a player spring free.

the gap discipline by the ends and Ellison has been terrible this year.

Of course we run a mostly 1 gap defense, so it shouldn't be hard.

did i mention i really hate the Tampa-2?