PDA

View Full Version : Why did people want Hamdan in at the end?

mybills
11-24-2008, 10:47 AM
He was inactive. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/23/bills-cheifs-inactives/

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 10:49 AM
he was inactive?

Wearing a uniform on the sideline is a funny way to show that he's inactive.

Ebenezer
11-24-2008, 10:50 AM
he was inactive?

Wearing a uniform on the sideline is a funny way to show that he's inactive.
He was the 3rd QB...technically that is inactive. Once he is inserted into the game you can't go back to Trent or JP if he gets hurt.

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 10:54 AM
oh right- I forgot about that 3rd QB rule.

Tiburon1724
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
JP should be demoted to 3rd string IMO. We know he's gone after this year, so what value is there in playing him? Let's see what Hamball has...

RockStar36
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Hamdan has nothing at all. If Trent goes down I definitely want JP in the game over Hamdan.

djjimkelly
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM
anyone wanting hamden in is truly clueless i dont think more needs to be said

mybills
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
somebody kept saying "Hamdan" in the game day thread.

madness
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I want a veteran backup QB that has been successful in this league. Right now Trent is learning from successful career backup QB's.

madness
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
anyone wanting hamden in is truly clueless i dont think more needs to be said

:rofl:

Too bad a successful dictatorship is a thing of the past. They would love your undying devotion.

Mr. Pink
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Simple answer....

Because some of us don't ever want to see the bust ever see an NFL field again while in the uniform of the buffalo bills.

Oaf
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Everyone was chanting his name behind the Bills bench in the 4th Q, even some of the Chief fans. :chuckle:

RockStar36
11-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Simple answer....

Because some of us don't ever want to see the bust ever see an NFL field again while in the uniform of the buffalo bills.

When the choice is between Hamdan and Losman, I don't see how Hamdan wins out. People saying that are just being ridiculous.

Mr. Pink
11-24-2008, 11:43 AM
When the choice is between Hamdan and Losman, I don't see how Hamdan wins out. People saying that are just being ridiculous.

I don't think that at all.

We lost to Arizona by what 24? How much worse would we have done with Hamdan in?

We lose anyways. What's the difference?

Losman isn't going to lead a team to the playoffs or a string of victories...and Hamdan most likely won't either.

But Hamdan is an unknown quantity and could produce something, we all know Losman can't produce jack.

yordad
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
JP should be demoted to 3rd string IMO. We know he's gone after this year, so what value is there in playing him?Um... a win. That's the value. You act like Hamden's upside is huge.

superbills
11-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Um... a win. That's the value. You act like Hamden's upside is huge.

You act like JP could actually win. I'd rather go with the guy who MIGHT have a chance at succeeding rather than the guy who has shown time and again that success is not in his pedigree...

mysticsoto
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
He was the 3rd QB...technically that is inactive. Once he is inserted into the game you can't go back to Trent or JP if he gets hurt.

I've always wondered what's the reasoning behind this. I never liked this rule. If we are up 40-3 in the 4th qtr, I should be able to put Hamdan in and give him some experience even if it's just mopping up. What is the reason this rule was put in?

Typ0
11-24-2008, 12:15 PM

it's easy actually. Lossman is a thing of the past. Let's take a look at hamdan in garbage time. But I agree Lossman is the guy if TE gets hurt.

trapezeus
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
my question was why didn't losman come in earlier. Why were any of our starters in there in the fourth quarter. this is the typical game where the bills win the game, but someone important gets injured. i'm happy we avoided that.

i wondered why they kept losman out for most of the 4th and then why they brought him in just to kneel the ball. It smacks of sloppiness on the coaches behalf.

I realize that there is the 3rd QB activation rule prevents hamdan from getting in, but it would have been nice to see if he could be our legitimate backup next year, or if we have to find someone else.

I also am in the boat that hamdan and losman bring pretty much the same thing to the table at this point. And as sad as that is, if losman isn't in th team's plan, then they should be progressing forward with losman as the third QB and hamdan as the second. Neither one is going to save a game or season for you if they have to play.

Ebenezer
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
it's easy actually. Lossman is a thing of the past. Let's take a look at hamdan in garbage time. But I agree Lossman is the guy if TE gets hurt.
I agree. I always like to see what each player can bring to the table. What if TE and JP were to go down? The season may be lost but it would be good know ahead of time what the 3rd QB has.

Pinkerton Security
11-24-2008, 12:50 PM
my question was why didn't losman come in earlier. Why were any of our starters in there in the fourth quarter. this is the typical game where the bills win the game, but someone important gets injured. i'm happy we avoided that.

i wondered why they kept losman out for most of the 4th and then why they brought him in just to kneel the ball. It smacks of sloppiness on the coaches behalf.

I realize that there is the 3rd QB activation rule prevents hamdan from getting in, but it would have been nice to see if he could be our legitimate backup next year, or if we have to find someone else.

I also am in the boat that hamdan and losman bring pretty much the same thing to the table at this point. And as sad as that is, if losman isn't in th team's plan, then they should be progressing forward with losman as the third QB and hamdan as the second. Neither one is going to save a game or season for you if they have to play.

Maybe they just wanted to beat up on the hapless Chiefs, and give our guys come confidence to work with. Still, I agree, I already had enough scares the two times Trent dove headlong into the endzone.

Typ0
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree. I always like to see what each player can bring to the table. What if TE and JP were to go down? The season may be lost but it would be good know ahead of time what the 3rd QB has.

at least he would be coming in with some gametime experience...

mybills
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
and what if Hamdan got hurt? Direct snaps to Jackson again? :D

Ebenezer
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
at least he would be coming in with some gametime experience...
Exactly...and you never know what you are going to get. Take a look at Fred Jackson. They drafted Lynch and Wright - nobody gave FJ much of a chance.