PDA

View Full Version : Duke Preston...

life of faith
11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
He has played like crap for us since he has been starting for the most part. However i want to give him his props for sticking up for our star RB after that cheap shot from Pollard. I couln't find a video clip of it yet but right after Lynch was tackled on a play, as soon as he got up Pollard nailed him for some reason. Duke immediately got in his face. While this team seems emotionless at times, its good to see a player ticked off, playing at high intensity with alot of heart. These are the type of things that get a team fired up. :rockon:

Pinkerton Security
11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
he has played better than fowler. and i think he is playing decent. hes no world-beater but hes not that bad right now.

madness
11-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Pollard was fortunate he didn't get thrown out of the game. After the late hit he took a swing at Duke.

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 11:42 AM
I thought Duke was going to get a penalty for that, but even if I did, I wouldn't have cared. It was a cheap shot and it was good to see him stick up for Lynch.

yordad
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I thought Duke was going to get a penalty for that, but even if I did, I wouldn't have cared. It was a cheap shot and it was good to see him stick up for Lynch.OP, isn't this the same line of logic you were arguing against when Whitner tackled dude in the endzone earlier this year?

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
OP, isn't this the same line of logic you were arguing against when Whitner tackled dude in the endzone earlier this year?

Nope.

That dude didn't hurt any of our players. Completely different situation. Whitner was only standing up for his own ego on that one.

life of faith
11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
OP, isn't this the same line of logic you were arguing against when Whitner tackled dude in the endzone earlier this year?

On that play in the Raiders game. I became a huge Whitner fan, sticking up for the team and all of Buffalo. He is a warrior. :rockon:

billsfanone
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't blame the guy for hitting Lynch. Lynch popped up and started running. I wasn't clear that he was down. He did the opposite of what Mitchell did on the missed safety.

BillsWin
11-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I wish I had seen the play. Id like to know what youre talking about. Go Duke!

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I wish I had seen the play. Id like to know what youre talking about. Go Duke!

Long story short, Lynch got tackled and the whistle blew but he didn't think he was down, so he got up and started to move downfield. Pollard then picked him up and slammed him to the ground- it was a hard hit and a perfectly executed form tackle, had it been legal. As soon as it happened, Preston got in Pollard's face and started pushing him around, then the refs broke it up. Pollard got flagged for a late hit.

Lynch actually left the game and they were looking at his wrist- turns out he was OK. But it really was a cheap shot- I can see Pollard trying to stop him since he was acting like the play was still live, but there is no reason to drive him into the ground that friggin hard after the whistle.

DBrown77
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Long story short, Lynch got tackled and the whistle blew but he didn't think he was down, so he got up and started to move downfield. Pollard then picked him up and slammed him to the ground- it was a hard hit and a perfectly executed form tackle, had it been legal. As soon as it happened, Preston got in Pollard's face and started pushing him around, then the refs broke it up. Pollard got flagged for a late hit.

Lynch actually left the game and they were looking at his wrist- turns out he was OK. But it really was a cheap shot- I can see Pollard trying to stop him since he was acting like the play was still live, but there is no reason to drive him into the ground that friggin hard after the whistle.Did you see Lynch strut off the field after the hit?

mysticsoto
11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Nope.

That dude didn't hurt any of our players. Completely different situation. Whitner was only standing up for his own ego on that one.

Not quite. It wasn't his own ego, it was the team's honor...that's how many of us viewed it atleast.

But I don't want to get this whole thing started again...

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Did you see Lynch strut off the field after the hit?

oh yeah- Lynch definitely bounced up and strutted off like nothing happened. He definitely didn't let them get any satisfaction out of it.

Oaf
11-24-2008, 01:37 PM
He still is a weak point that will again be exposed against Ferguson, Jenkins, and Wilfork. Hopefully when we fail to win all three of these like we almost have to, we'll make a concerted effort to revamp the position over the offseason.

life of faith
11-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Lynch actually left the game and they were looking at his wrist- turns out he was OK. But it really was a cheap shot- I can see Pollard trying to stop him since he was acting like the play was still live, but there is no reason to drive him into the ground that friggin hard after the whistle.

Everyone could tell he was clearly down including Pollard (the play was 5 yards in front of him). I don't think Lynch got up running, seemed like he just hopped up real fast. He was in the stand still position when Pollard came with the cheap shot. Hopefully someone puts the video on youtibe so we can all see it again.

psubills62
11-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Preston hasn't been playing great, but I definitely hear about him getting blown up MUCH less than I heard about Fowler getting blown up. We obviously need another center, but I'm content with Preston as a backup from now on.

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Everyone could tell he was clearly down including Pollard (the play was 5 yards in front of him). I don't think Lynch got up running, seemed like he just hopped up real fast. He was in the stand still position when Pollard came with the cheap shot. Hopefully someone puts the video on youtibe so we can all see it again.

Looked to me like Lynch was running, but either way the whistle had still blown and there was no need to slam Lynch to the ground.

thenry20
11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I didn't see him get up and run just pop up real fast after that play. Everybody on the Chiefs D knew that play was over cept that fuggen idiot! Glad Duke got in his face like that.

If the play WASN'T over, some other defender who was alot closer would've attempted to make the tackle but they didn't cuz they knew better!

madness
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Looked to me like Lynch was running, but either way the whistle had still blown and there was no need to slam Lynch to the ground.

He was... kind of. He got tackled and rolled over then got up and started running again but isn't wasn't an all out get up and run. The whistle did blow like you said and these guys know to stop just like a swimmer knows to go at the gun so it wasn't like it was unintentional.

He was pissed about their D getting blown out and couldn't control his emotions.

BillsWin
11-24-2008, 03:20 PM
was pollard the guy who hit Brady? lol

I know that wasnt dirty, but still. I think thats funny.