PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed

billser
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Man do I love this guy. He gives us that extra element we really need to get this offense going with his short to intermediate routes. He's tough and a great dude too. Who wouldve thought years ago but Josh Reed is the man!

hydro
11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
And to think people were wondering/hoping that he would be cut in TC. Shows what they know...

Jeff1220
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
This is a completely different offense with Reed in the lineup.

gr8slayer
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
And to think people were wondering/hoping that he would be cut in TC. Shows what they know...
Isn't it funny? I wish I could find that thread from a year ago when people were calling for his head.

Saratoga Slim
11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Josh Reed is a perfect example of how it really takes some guys a while to make the transition to the NFL game.

I'm glad that his blocking etc. kept him around until now, when he's finally becoming the receiver that we thought he'd be when we took him in the 2nd round as the Biletnikoff Award winner.

Philagape
11-24-2008, 01:54 PM
He's a great slot receiver and comes up with some clutch catches, but I still hope Hardy develops into a starter ... not looking good so far

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I have to laugh at all those that wanted to cut him before the season.... I'm really glad he is still here. It took him 3 years to get it but he gets it.

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 02:14 PM
He's a great slot receiver and comes up with some clutch catches, but I still hope Hardy develops into a starter ... not looking good so far

Moulds took about 3 years ot really start lighting it up... Reed took 3 years... don't give up hope... Hardy is mentally slow but that doesn't mean he won't eventually get it.

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Except for his 2nd year, the problem was either in the OC, Qb and OL. You can't get any consistency when the positions mentioned above is in turmoil.

Ingtar33
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
we lost the 4 games reed wasn't playing.

i think that says all that needs to be said.

MikeInRoch
11-24-2008, 02:26 PM
So with Reed: 6-1. Without: 0-4.

Marvelous
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Man, i've been pro Josh Reed for ahile now..He is solid. Many a fans are pissed at him & the team for keeping him etc, because he won't progress into a star or pro-bowler. Lets ask Trent Edwards how life was without Josh Reed the last 5 weeks or so....

I did a Zone search for keyword "Reed" & by username Marvelous.. :rotf: :lol:

11-06-2008

--For teh record---I love McGee & more then anything i'm loyal to our players who have been here for more then their rookie contracts...I love Josh Reed, Kelsay Denney..Well Ryan Denney too is on my *** list at the moment..But you get the picture...

11-01-2008, 06:33 PM

I
-I think everyone/most(bad memory) outside of Greer,McCargo, Reed, Fred Jackson, Lindell,And Kyle Williams,,,,Everyone else is playing like poop or not standing out..Josh Reed is perfect chemistry w/ for Trent so man did we miss him in the 2nd half. And Greer shoulda SHOULDS shoulda been on Ted Ginn. BAH! msut not think about how McGee staying on Ginn cost us the game.. But that's my list of people playing solid and Everyone else INCLUDING Kelsay are struggling. So why single him out? I suspect it's same reason that Josh Reed gets singled out here at the Zone. Because they aren't sexy. I woulda thought more fans woulda had more loyalty to Reed & Kelsay by now... They've been here working hard for years now.....
/move along

10-05-2008

The guy is a hard worker and career slot reciever.. I personally LOVE this type of player who we draft and they play their whole career for us without ever seeing Hawaii.. I call them "The Phil Hansens".. Reed is probably TRENTS most reliable reciever.. Evans gets blanketed, #2 is suspect & Reed gets open and gets great RAC/YAC etc...I like him! Fans need to rerspect the players who are in his/this category.....

09-02-2008

---Dude, it's pointless to stand up for Josh Reed against Zoners... They have hate & they want blood!! Reed has NO UPSIDE from what we've already seen and that's not good enough for the masses... If you(random Zoner) comment against Reed then you are whom i speak....But Reed is very clutch and believe it or not--HE DOES have big play ability.. Remember him breaking 10 tackles in weathered conditions against NE to save us some face and we avoided a NEW ENG SHUTOUT?...
----In my household(wife) and family(moms & brothers etc) Reed is very appreciated.. But this could also be a lil more ""we love players who get their 2nd contracts etc and have been here since we drafted them etc etc.. more so that then appreciating the "Phil Hansen type" super valuable,never see a pro bowl, player....Can't have superstars or youngsters on their way to superstar staus at every position....Reed,Denney,Mcgee(The CB not KR),Kyle Willaims,Digeorgio, etc etc. These players are some of my personal favs because they are what they are...Denney & Kelsay resigning really made me happy. Even though i know Denney is nothing more then average,reliable depth and Kelsay is alot better then Zoners and many hate on him.. I thought he had a awesome season last year & apparently so did Jauran & co..Dudes a beast! Anyone else want Kelsay in the 1st round the year we took McGahee & Kelsay in the 2nd? i admit it,,, i did.. :p

08-31-2008

NO thanks...Those vets(esp Caldwell & Horn) are / would play the same role that Josh Reed is already filling. & He know sthe playbook and the staff love the guy..

-Courtney Anderson musta really sucked..

07-11-2008

Josh Reed is somewhat popular in my family. Not wife but whole family. Mom,brothers etc.. I think it's just because of 1 reason. None of us like free agency. Thus we hate change of players and Reed has been here for years now..
----He's been consistant. I don't view him as a #2, but as a slot. So imo he's a solid slot reciever...

--Reed's not part of any problem we have....
-NOt saying i'm gonna rock a Reed jersey. but i would be upset if we cut him..
-Is he a lunchpale type? The Phil Hansen,Henry Jones type? The never see pro bowl type, but plays every game in his whole career type? Those players are important too imo.

06-24-2008

What's wrong with Fred Jackson? I fell in love with both our backs last year..Fred Jackson looks really awesome catching outt a the backfield. Havnt seen catching like that from a RB since. heck since maybe 34. NOt that he's on 34's level but he looks natural catching...

--Josh Reed! My wife owns a Reed jersey & i bought it for her for last christmas & she loves it.. J/K about JR being a RB though...

--Fred Jackson and the rookie who broke all those div II records are ok right?

06-25-2008

I don't consider Parker much of a upgrade over Josh Reed. I understand why fans dislike Reed, but this household likes him...

-Parrish-(DC location) sure, wherever he is on the depth chart doesn't matter because he comes in here/there.. So Parker would be welcomed just unsure if he's a better compliment to TE than Reed is..

-Shockey--Not ever going to happen so....

05-14-2008

IMHO- We could really use a clutch WR who has lost his "blazing" speed. McCardell is the model for what im thinking. Moulds woulda been had he not totaly sucked like he started..

McCardell,Parker,Booker,Calwdell etc etc.. Are these guys better than Josh Reed? Well if they are somwhere similar than why edge has togoto Reed cause he knows our system so well....---
05-01-2008

Riiiiiight.... He has never seen the field so we dont know if he's gonna be a Anquan Boldin, or a Josh Reed as far as 2nd round WR's go..
---As far As Schobel & Kelsay & Whitner & Lee Evans goes it's IMO of course that it's not teh individual players fault if they tend to show lack o' production when it's team based... We haven't gotten penetration on the D -line enough for offenses to not double team Schobel or Kelsay etc... And Whitner i assume has the playbook that situates his positions as do all players...Josh Reed catches/caught most of his passes last season & is fun the watch after the catch..reed is a YAC machine when he breaks em...

04-26-2008

Great work Modrak & CO :):):)

-I was 100% convinced that 11 was too early this year for the WR's in this class. So if we can score one in the 2nd we get a a+ for day 1....

-We are a team on the rise....

--If we get Sweed or Malcolm Kelly, or Hardy, will you still be pissed?
--I just don't see Reed & Parrish as big a question mark as the starting WR's ..And im surprised such knowledgable Bills fans do...
/scratches head

04-03-2008

---ACTUALLY Josh Reed fits Trent Edwards perfectly now...I (as o' now) look at Lee Evans a lil differently. I love him, and own his throwback jersey but i wanna WIN more then keeping my favorites...

-So my bottom line opinion is we need clutch over speed-go routes...I'm excited about Josh Reed this season... I bet he gets the respect of the fanbase that has been hating on him.. Myself NOT included since i like his reliability since he learned to become clutch.. And it's a bonafide FACT that Reed was clutch with Trent Edwards....You guys agree about Reed? Then we skip WR @#11 and go BPA or CB etc then go CB or WR in the 2nd etc...Draft time is almost here guys :):):)
:hug:

03-21-2008

-Josh Reed is reliable on short yardage or 3rd downs.. Hias dropsies are non existant & only mentioned because of fans who had higher expectations on him..IMO. I was one of them. was!

-Parrish- Really impressed me last season. After re-watching the few games i saved lastyear i really am impressed with Parrish. The problem is we dont get him the ball enough....

-I was impressed w/ both of them last season & wasn't aware that we had such a super huge (sarcasm) problem to draw away coverage from Evans...
17+ injuries!

-I guess i'm wondering if we can afford a WR @#11. And if we get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd etc then he would have to beat out Reed & Parrish. Would the rookie (most likely) do that? We lost Peerless and need to replace him via the draft. <IMO.. Also IMO based on above i think we ignore WR @#11 and focus on other skilled positions.... BPA @ skilled positions...

--Thoughts on Reed & Parrish vs rookie?
---Thoughts on media boosting our biggest team need is to draw away DB coverage from Evans?
--Thoughts on BPA @ a skilled position?

01-03-2008

I view Bryant Johnson like a Josh Reed in terms of production.. And Reed has that role filled here..He is reliable as a awesome #3/slot.

10-09-2007

-Was Evans blanketed by Newman all night? Seems like T.Ed was all about Roscoe(awesome) & Reed & Royal..Time for Reed to get his respects here already!
Keep the heads up Bills fans!!

10-02-2007

Hobbits have the Shire, We have Josh Reed!

04-30-2007

A UDFA WR won't do much for us at this point bro..Maybe for the future but hardly worth much now...We will be ok with Josh Reed.

03-04-2007

#2 WR isn't a major concern.. Josh Reed could fill in #2 alot better then Josh Stamer @ OLB etc...But i hear ya..

01-03-2007

Reed,is a decent #2's and i know Parrish is set to breakout.. Fast,hands, and can take punishment! But Reed & is solid .. I dunno why a Bills fan who is diehard enough to read a Bills message board would think a WR need outweighs the teams major weaknesses.....goodgrief

09-11-2006

Reed is A-ok with me :up: Imo he is a great WR to have as depth..He is strong with the rock in his hands...He needs confidence...

06-28-2006

That Reed TD was awesome.. SAVED THE SHUTOUT HAHAHA! That day was the worst :mad:

05-07-2006

Nance is the odd man out. Oh boohoo! He has facinating upside and is very popular for a udfa but i don't see him beating out Reed or parrish

04-01-2006
That's a lil harsh on our WR's Pat. Reed showed signs of clutch at points in the latter.. IMO he still has upside. We are down the kind of WR that will take some pressure off Evans like you said. And a rookie won't do that.. Matters little since we are in for a long season. Maybe a rookie or the guys progression this season will make us prepared for the next season. :( :( :(

01-17-2007

philster - The Shermanator. Sent back in time for 1 lucky lady...

03-01-2006

WR becomes a MAJOR problem if we lose Moulds. . If we do lose Moulds then i think it's in JP's & the teams best interest to resign Reed. Atleast a 1 year deal. Parrish is nothing more then a slot guy. Yeah he has heart and is good but not clutch enough imo..

12-31-2005

I think Reed stil has some upside. He could be a excellent clutch slot guy. And injuries always happen so imo resign him and lets be safe. If we resign him there's no need to draft a WR before teh 5th round. Heck TD & co can get a gem in UDFA's... Reed has impressed me with some of his clutch catches. + He single handedly saved us from getting shutout against teh Pats. He has improved this season..

10-09-2005

Dr.Lecter, is dead on.... Only a fan in desperation thinks a 2nd round pick, hurt rookie who is undersized and just had a cast removed will come in and make an impact.. /rolls eyes. Tighten up! + like a poster said,Josh Reed has been making his attempts count.. Parrish is irrelevant atm IMO..

09-04-2005

90% of that would be because of our green QB. I think Reed needed to stay since Parrish got injured but Freddie Smith??? over Haddad

08-30-2004

-Reed is good enough to keep. If Moulds goes down he will be appreciated a lot more. I think he is above average....

04-12-2004

After the never ending mock drafts and reading everyones opinions about our 1st round pick being a WR, i have some thoughts to share.

Reed- I think is a decent #2 . Reed is still maturing. So with Drew having no time, and holding on to long i think that Reed got a bad rap..
If we had solid protection and a confident gun slinger i think our recievers are fine.

I'm confused as to why some think a stud rookie WR is all of a sudden the teams biggest need. ?

I think we need Depth @ WR bust the starters are in place.

The problem in my opinion was the line/drew/coaching/playcalling..

Just something i was thinking when i was reading the latest mock that had us taking a WR in the 1st..

thoughs?

03-07-2004

This is a GREAT post. I agree 100%.
Reed could still develop into a solid possesion,3rd down,WR.
**We have bigger needs then WR in the draft imo...

jimbohastle51
11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
have to admit i was one of the MANY on here that thought josh reed should get cut this past offseason but boy do i see how much we need him now! he IS trents comfort blanket when he gets rushed or hurried he always looks to reed. i know missing brad butler had some to do with the hurries and sacks he was taking but not having reed during our losing streak there obviously hurt trent as much.

Marvelous
11-25-2008, 01:34 AM
OYE, sorry bout that guys. I've been pro Josh Reed mainly because i DO-NOT need a probowler to accept a player is worthy to stay with us.. BUt seeing my post from 04 was worth it :D

Marvelous
11-26-2008, 05:43 PM
have to admit i was one of the MANY on here that thought josh reed should get cut this past offseason but boy do i see how much we need him now!

-He was a similar "SAFE" outlet before this season too... Curious bro, howcome you didn't know this? It's obvious when you see him make a catch & his YAC, run after catch etc. Right? If not obvious then i've just always liked his hard work...
--I see him being here his whole career even though he wont see a Pro Bowl..If Evans ever went down i could see him stepping it up even more...

jimbohastle51
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
-He was a similar "SAFE" outlet before this season too... Curious bro, howcome you didn't know this? It's obvious when you see him make a catch & his YAC, run after catch etc. Right? If not obvious then i've just always liked his hard work...
--I see him being here his whole career even though he wont see a Pro Bowl..If Evans ever went down i could see him stepping it up even more...

josh himself said in a press conference on buffalobills.com that he didnt work as hard as he is now till his contract year and that he was letting the people around him bring his work ethic down "i needed to change some of the people around me" he said.

jimbohastle51
11-27-2008, 10:31 PM
now he looks like the bilitnikoff award winner he was in college and not the bust he was his first 2-3 years

jamze132
11-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Gees Marvelous... was that post long enough?

All you had to say was that you want to marry Josh Reed and have his babies... :honda:

SeatownBillsFan21
11-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Gees Marvelous... was that post long enough?

All you had to say was that you want to marry Josh Reed and have his babies... :honda:
funny