PDA

View Full Version : Ok... so I'm still pissed off!

Pride
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Here we are, a day after the Bills put up 54 points on the 2nd worst team in the league (a close 2nd to the Lions).

I skipped watching the game yesterday, because... I knew we'd win. Unfortunately that win yesterday means jack **** to me as I'm not forgetting what has happened the 4 previous weeks!

I won't forget the horrible play calling, the incredibly bad usage of time-outs, the lack of emotion during and after the games, the defense getting ripped at the wrong times... and the general sentiment that it is purely execution that needed to improve!

That said, the Chiefs STILL put up 30+ points on our defense! That's with a lead! That's with our DEnds, LB's, and CB's KNOWING that they had to throw to get back into the game. That's including 5 turnovers!!! Most teams, when they get a 14 point lead, take the leash off of the dogs and the dogs get to the QB!

So while I think its great that everyone is no longer standing on the bridge looking to commit suicide, I think anyone who found any comfort in that game yesterday, after the previous 4 losses... is insane!

I'm a Bills fan to the core, which is why yesterday's win was, in my opinion, detrimental to the future of this football team!

justasportsfan
11-24-2008, 02:15 PM
I hope you stop watching the rest of the season.

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I haven't forgotten either...

Our offense is going to have to catch fire to keep us i games versus Miami NYJ and NE.

We should beat the 49ers at home, but after that our D won't stack up to well with the rest of the teams IMO... Hopefully we get some injured players back soon.

thenry20
11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
The original poster makes a very valid argument. There were two other games we should've won. Nothing can make up for that cept winning at least 4 of the last 5. I'll still be watching tho.

bigbub2352
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
The one thing no one is saying again is the fact we gave up 31pts to a 1-9 team, Perry Fewell must be good in bed or something to escape critisim of his D and Scheme

ALso i agree Pride why are we so disorganized on the feild with the timeouts and also with clock managment

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm starting to think that this season is going to come down to a "win and in" against the Patriots for the final game of the season and they will kick our asses. This team likes to build us up so it's farther to fall when they knock us down.

MikeInRoch
11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
You have more faith than I do. I don't think we will still be in the mix come that game.

psubills62
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm starting to think that this season is going to come down to a "win and in" against the Patriots for the final game of the season and they will kick our asses. This team likes to build us up so it's farther to fall when they knock us down.

I've been thinking that's what it will come down to also. Dang that Cleveland game...

Honestly, this is the exact optimism you're talking about, but how awesome would it be to play New England, both teams at 9-6 and that game for a wild card spot...and we beat New England in a landslide? That's the sort of thing we can only dream about.

ddaryl
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM

ahhh but when they do win that deciding game we can finally feel we have turned the page...

but with the way the NYJ are playing and the way NE always plays us I don't feel playoffs are within our reach....

like I said our O has to catch fire to offset the bend don't break tampa 2 D we run. Even getting all of our injured players back won't be enough for this D to suddenly play cosistent playoff caliber football.

mchurchfie
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Our "win and in" record stinks over the past years.

psubills62
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree...how dare we as fans feel any sort of excitement!? We have no right to be happy about a win!

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 02:36 PM
but with the way the NYJ are playing and the way NE always plays us I don't feel playoffs are within our reach....

You have more faith than I do. I don't think we will still be in the mix come that game.

I agree with both of you in the pragmatic sense- we're not catching NYJ for the division title and even if we catch NE we'd still have to catch Baltimore and/or Indy for the other wild card spot, and that's not going to happen.

But, this is the Buffalo Bills after all. The most disappointing possible outcome is always realistic.

mchurchfie
11-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree...how dare we as fans feel any sort of excitement!? We have no right to be happy about a win!
No one is stopping you from being happy with mediocrity, have at it.

BillsWin
11-24-2008, 02:41 PM
annnnnnnnnd nobody cares.

psubills62
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
No one is stopping you from being happy with mediocrity, have at it.

Some of you people take this way too seriously. I love football as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous. Root for another team if you're sick of this one. I just find it ironic that the guy who started this thread has the screenname "Pride."

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Some of you people take this way too seriously. I love football as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous. Root for another team if you're sick of this one. I just find it ironic that the guy who started this thread has the screenname "Pride."

here we go again :rolleyes:

If he wanted to root for another team, why would he be complaining about THIS one? Some of you people just don't get it- we want this team to WIN against EVERYONE, not just crap teams and not just meaningless games. For years, that's all this team has been able to accomplish and it's extremely frustrating.

If he didn't have pride, he would have turned his back on this team a long time ago. But that's the easy way out. Some of us stay fans without pulling the wool over our eyes. Some of us realize how mediocre this team is and still root for them, rather than getting all excited about wins over garbage teams.

We'd love it if this team was better. We'd love it if what he posted was just depression and pessimism, but it's not. It's the reality of the situation. Sometimes, things aren't quite what we want them to be. Deal with it.

patmoran2006
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Hopefully Schobel and WHitner can get back within 2 weeks.. That would be a good start.

mchurchfie
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm going to continue to ***** until they get better and that's ****ing that.:up:

psubills62
11-24-2008, 03:01 PM
here we go again :rolleyes:

If he wanted to root for another team, why would he be complaining about THIS one? Some of you people just don't get it- we want this team to WIN against EVERYONE, not just crap teams and not just meaningless games. For years, that's all this team has been able to accomplish and it's extremely frustrating.

If he didn't have pride, he would have turned his back on this team a long time ago. But that's the easy way out. Some of us stay fans without pulling the wool over our eyes. Some of us realize how mediocre this team is and still root for them, rather than getting all excited about wins over garbage teams.

We'd love it if this team was better. We'd love it if what he posted was just depression and pessimism, but it's not. It's the reality of the situation. Sometimes, things aren't quite what we want them to be. Deal with it.

LOL whenever any fan says that a win is "detrimental to the future of this football team," it's just laughable. Gee, a win that keeps us in the playoff picture, how terrible.

It's just a game. I love football and I love being a fan, but gain some perspective already. Getting pissed off over winning is no way to go around being a fan. Yeah, there are problems. But what's the point in whining about them? We aren't going to fix them, that's why the other people have those jobs in the Buffalo Bills organization.

Me deal with what? Fans who freak out because their team won? I could not care less, it's just a stupid thread...if he had approached it in a manner saying "Great win, but there's still problems," then I'd love to have some intelligent discussion. But it's strange to me that people need a thread to vent and ***** after a 23-point win.

madness
11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
:goodpost:

OpIv37
11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
LOL whenever any fan says that a win is "detrimental to the future of this football team," it's just laughable. Gee, a win that keeps us in the playoff picture, how terrible.

It's just a game. I love football and I love being a fan, but gain some perspective already. Getting pissed off over winning is no way to go around being a fan. Yeah, there are problems. But what's the point in whining about them? We aren't going to fix them, that's why the other people have those jobs in the Buffalo Bills organization.

Me deal with what? Fans who freak out because their team won? I could not care less, it's just a stupid thread...if he had approached it in a manner saying "Great win, but there's still problems," then I'd love to have some intelligent discussion. But it's strange to me that people need a thread to vent and ***** after a 23-point win.

The point is that this message board is devoted to discussing the Buffalo Bills. EVERYTHING about the Bills, not just the "good" things. If you don't want to hear people "whining", go to a Jets or Cowboys or Titans or Giants board. This team has given its fans plenty to whine about, and of course they're going to do it on a message board devoted to the team.

You're looking at this from the wrong approach. Yesterday's win was a great win, but in the long run, it's just another win against a bad team. Fans don't just explode and rant after wins- it takes years of underachieving to produce that kind of reaction.

psubills62
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
The point is that this message board is devoted to discussing the Buffalo Bills. EVERYTHING about the Bills, not just the "good" things. If you don't want to hear people "whining", go to a Jets or Cowboys or Titans or Giants board. This team has given its fans plenty to whine about, and of course they're going to do it on a message board devoted to the team.

You're looking at this from the wrong approach. Yesterday's win was a great win, but in the long run, it's just another win against a bad team. Fans don't just explode and rant after wins- it takes years of underachieving to produce that kind of reaction.

Like I said, I'm fine with discussing football and the things this team needs to work on. But this thread doesn't seem to be started for "discussions." This thread was started by guy who specifically stated that this win doesn't mean anything to him, and proceeds to just rant about how anyone who thinks this win means anything is crazy. Not the kind of Bills fan I can relate to.

"Just another win against a bad team" - I'll take them if they get us to the playoffs. I'd rather have wins against bad teams than losses against bad teams any day.

DynaPaul
11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
So while I think its great that everyone is no longer standing on the bridge looking to commit suicide, I think anyone who found any comfort in that game yesterday, after the previous 4 losses... is insane!

You beat me to it. I just posted a message saying the exact same thing in my usual laconic style. Totally agree. This win didn't mean crap after dropping 4 straight like that which really killed us in the division.