X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Ok... so I'm still pissed off!

Here we are, a day after the Bills put up 54 points on the 2nd worst team in the league (a close 2nd to the Lions).

I skipped watching the game yesterday, because... I knew we'd win. Unfortunately that win yesterday means jack **** to me as I'm not forgetting what has happened the 4 previous weeks!

I won't forget the horrible play calling, the incredibly bad usage of time-outs, the lack of emotion during and after the games, the defense getting ripped at the wrong times... and the general sentiment that it is purely execution that needed to improve!

That said, the Chiefs STILL put up 30+ points on our defense! That's with a lead! That's with our DEnds, LB's, and CB's KNOWING that they had to throw to get back into the game. That's including 5 turnovers!!! Most teams, when they get a 14 point lead, take the leash off of the dogs and the dogs get to the QB!

So while I think its great that everyone is no longer standing on the bridge looking to commit suicide, I think anyone who found any comfort in that game yesterday, after the previous 4 losses... is insane!

I'm a Bills fan to the core, which is why yesterday's win was, in my opinion, detrimental to the future of this football team!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ok... so I'm still pissed off!

I hope you stop watching the rest of the season.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I haven't forgotten either...

Our offense is going to have to catch fire to keep us i games versus Miami NYJ and NE.

We should beat the 49ers at home, but after that our D won't stack up to well with the rest of the teams IMO... Hopefully we get some injured players back soon.
      Last edited by ddaryl; 11-24-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• thenry20
        • Jan 2004

The original poster makes a very valid argument. There were two other games we should've won. Nothing can make up for that cept winning at least 4 of the last 5. I'll still be watching tho.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

The one thing no one is saying again is the fact we gave up 31pts to a 1-9 team, Perry Fewell must be good in bed or something to escape critisim of his D and Scheme

ALso i agree Pride why are we so disorganized on the feild with the timeouts and also with clock managment
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'm starting to think that this season is going to come down to a "win and in" against the Patriots for the final game of the season and they will kick our asses. This team likes to build us up so it's farther to fall when they knock us down.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

You have more faith than I do. I don't think we will still be in the mix come that game.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I'm starting to think that this season is going to come down to a "win and in" against the Patriots for the final game of the season and they will kick our asses. This team likes to build us up so it's farther to fall when they knock us down.
                I've been thinking that's what it will come down to also. Dang that Cleveland game...

Honestly, this is the exact optimism you're talking about, but how awesome would it be to play New England, both teams at 9-6 and that game for a wild card spot...and we beat New England in a landslide? That's the sort of thing we can only dream about.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  ahhh but when they do win that deciding game we can finally feel we have turned the page...

but with the way the NYJ are playing and the way NE always plays us I don't feel playoffs are within our reach....

like I said our O has to catch fire to offset the bend don't break tampa 2 D we run. Even getting all of our injured players back won't be enough for this D to suddenly play cosistent playoff caliber football.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Our "win and in" record stinks over the past years.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

I agree...how dare we as fans feel any sort of excitement!? We have no right to be happy about a win!
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

but with the way the NYJ are playing and the way NE always plays us I don't feel playoffs are within our reach....
                        Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                        You have more faith than I do. I don't think we will still be in the mix come that game.
                        I agree with both of you in the pragmatic sense- we're not catching NYJ for the division title and even if we catch NE we'd still have to catch Baltimore and/or Indy for the other wild card spot, and that's not going to happen.

But, this is the Buffalo Bills after all. The most disappointing possible outcome is always realistic.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                          I agree...how dare we as fans feel any sort of excitement!? We have no right to be happy about a win!
                          No one is stopping you from being happy with mediocrity, have at it.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

annnnnnnnnd nobody cares.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                              No one is stopping you from being happy with mediocrity, have at it.
                              Some of you people take this way too seriously. I love football as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous. Root for another team if you're sick of this one. I just find it ironic that the guy who started this thread has the screenname "Pride."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X