PDA

View Full Version : This is the week Schobel is scheduled to return...

BillsWin
11-25-2008, 12:19 AM
On november 4th and 5th we had reports from several sources that Schobel would not have season ending surgery and that he was likely to miss 4 weeks.

(heres one report http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/485256.html )

Well, 4 weeks is up.

Just a heads up, that this week or next, is when Schobel is scheduled to return. Keep an eye on some updates.

BillsWin
11-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I def. hope to see him back this week or next, because we need a pass rush more than ever.

madness
11-25-2008, 07:56 AM
I don't see him playing this week but that doesn't bother me since we should be able to beat SF without him.

I would just like to see him start practicing on a limited basis at this point.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2008, 07:56 AM
PLease god come back Whitner, schobel and Greer!

DraftBoy
11-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Im pretty sure we won't see Aaron again this season.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Im pretty sure we won't see Aaron again this season.

Why not put him on IR than?

Pinkerton Security
11-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Why not put him on IR than?
well sir, theres this little thing called PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

haha jk. Idk why, but I dont even think he practiced last week, maybe just walk through stuff. I guess maybe they think we will be playing for our lives the last 2 or 3 weeks and he will be back by then. One can only hope this will happen.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2008, 09:02 AM
On november 4th and 5th we had reports from several sources that Schobel would not have season ending surgery and that he was likely to miss 4 weeks.

(heres one report http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/485256.html )

Well, 4 weeks is up.

Just a heads up, that this week or next, is when Schobel is scheduled to return. Keep an eye on some updates.

How does one tell how long 4 weeks is? 4 x 7 = 28 days

Schobel hasn't played since the Arizona game in week 5 Oct. 5th. 51 days ago.

I guess I failed math.

bigbub2352
11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
He should have been put on IR, i hate to say it, but what kinda player is he gonna be when he returns,
I am just saying he has been hurt since the AZ game that is like 2 months ago

Pinkerton Security
11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
How does one tell how long 4 weeks is? 4 x 7 = 28 days

Schobel hasn't played since the Arizona game in week 5 Oct. 5th. 51 days ago.

I guess I failed math.
he's saying: they told us 4 weeks ago...that Schobel would be back in 4 weeks. its been 4 weeks. Ipso facto, he should be back.

But yes, it is dragging out. Its time to s*** or get off the pot.

psubills62
11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
We could really use some of these guys back, especially Schobel and Whitner, imo. Greer isn't missed as much, but he may be when divisional games come around. I really want these guys to return by the Miami game at least.

justasportsfan
11-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Is Schobel underappreciated by bills fans just like Josh Reed was? The O is not the same without JOsh just like the D isn't wothout Aaron.

Jan Reimers
11-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Schobel wasn't having much of an impact before he was injured, so I can't see his return as being a major event, although it would certainly help. We probably need Greer and Whitner more - but McKelvin is certainly starting to look like a high first rounder.

justasportsfan
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Schobel wasn't having much of an impact before he was injured, so I can't see his return as being a major event, although it would certainly help. We probably need Greer and Whitner more - but McKelvin is certainly starting to look like a high first rounder.
I respectfully disagree Jan. He may not have been making major plays like sacks but you can tell that the Dl was better when Aaron was there. our DT's and our lbers are not the same without him.

psubills62
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Is Schobel underappreciated by bills fans just like Josh Reed was? The O is not the same without JOsh just like the D isn't wothout Aaron.

I think you're spot on. Schobel may not have an impact that's always visible to the fans, but our defense just hasn't been the same without him. He does play the run quite well, and I think that's one thing we're missing.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I think you're spot on. Schobel may not have an impact that's always visible to the fans, but our defense just hasn't been the same without him. He does play the run quite well, and I think that's one thing we're missing.

Let's not forget that Schobel was in the lineup when the Bills were in the weak part of their schedule.

justasportsfan
11-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Let's not forget that Schobel was in the lineup when the Bills were in the weak part of their schedule.
He's still better than Denney.

psubills62
11-25-2008, 09:39 AM

True, but the defense still is different. When Schobel was in, we were (for the most part) stopping the opponents' offenses. When he hasn't been in, even when we've won, the opposing offenses have moved the ball well against us. It's usually the turnovers that have won games for us (SD, KC).

Pinkerton Security
11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
He's still better than Denney.

Exactly. Have you seen Denney anywhere near the QB? No, hes always like 5 yards away trying to bat down balls. This is all well and good when it works, but he rarely ever gets near the QB. Schobel did, at least more than Denney.

BillsWin
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Exactly. Have you seen Denney anywhere near the QB? No, hes always like 5 yards away trying to bat down balls. This is all well and good when it works, but he rarely ever gets near the QB. Schobel did, at least more than Denney.

Denny got a sack last week! WOOOOOOO!!!

bflobarry
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
....and how 'bout that dynamo Kelsay? He made one of the the first (positive) plays of the season on Sunday. He plays EVERY SNAP, and he is a total non-factor every week. Pitiful....

ddaryl
11-25-2008, 10:15 AM

I really don't beleive we will see too much difference withthe Bills D with or without Schobel.. He is better then the other DE"s but he is rarely a difference maker ever. Our D is still sieve with or without him

We need a massive upgade at DE.

Jan Reimers
11-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I respectfully disagree Jan. He may not have been making major plays like sacks but you can tell that the Dl was better when Aaron was there. our DT's and our lbers are not the same without him.
You may be right, justa. Schobel is the best of our somewhat mediocre DEs, so his return should make us better. I just don't think he will turn the D around in any really significant way, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

justasportsfan
11-25-2008, 10:59 AM
You may be right, justa. Schobel is the best of our somewhat mediocre DEs, so his return should make us better. I just don't think he will turn the D around in any really significant way, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I can only guess that Schobel was still adjusting to the tendencies of the new DT's we acquied in the offseason. Maybe he would've gotten better, maybe he wouldn't. :idunno:

I'm sure he's a better every down DE than Denney is who nothing more than a relief and rotating DE

BillsWin
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I can only guess that Schobel was still adjusting to the tendencies of the new DT's we acquied in the offseason. Maybe he would've gotten better, maybe he wouldn't. :idunno:

I'm sure he's a better every down DE than Denney is who nothing more than a relief and rotating DE

Actually funny you mention that. I played DE in HS, and I DID have to adjust to a new DT when our starter got hurt.

If your DT is a space eater run stopper with no real pressure push, that makes you have to do more, stunts, playing it closer. Its more on you to give the push that DT doesnt have, but if you can adjust and learn to feed off of your new DT, youll play better.

trapezeus
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
schobel gets the double teams that our less athletic DE's don't have to face. now they get the double team and there is between 4-6 seconds for every pass and two running lanes on run plays. he's needed.

although at the beginning of the season he sounded like a guy who really can't take the beating of every week. i could see him packing it in, or going to a team where he doesn't need to play every down.