PDA

View Full Version : Our offense is the only hope of making the playoffs so take the training wheels off!!

HHURRICANE
11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Let's face it our D is not going to carry us. No ability to get to the QB by our D-line leaves to much pressure on our secondary. Combine this with our total inability to stop the run when needed leaves us completely vulnerable.

The offense is the strength of this team, believe it or not. Keeping the D off the field while generating points is the only way to win coming down the stretch.

I said that Josh Reed was going to be HUGE loss and he was. If we can keep him and Brad Butler on the field than I think the offense could build enough momentum to carry us through.

It's time to open this thing up and get points on the board!!

If the Bills pussy foot there way through the next 5 weeks it'll be over quickly.

Jan Reimers
11-25-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree completely, HH. Watching Edwards during our losing streak reminded me of JP at the beginning of last season - tentative, afraid (or prohibited by the coaching staff) to throw long, overly conservative and very predictable. Those three go-nowhere running plays at the end of the Browns' game really infuriated me. If we had just gained 5 or 6 yards, Lindell would have had a much more makeable FG. But in mind numbing fashion, we ran sideways.

Open it up, Turk and Dick. What do we have to lose? The idiotic, overly conservative offensive approach employed for several games before KC, blew up in your faces. We have the weapons - use them.

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Great point HH... I'm 100% on board with this.

Having a lead (a substantial lead) tends to make your opponent 1 dimensional. It can mean the difference between blowing a team out or getting blown out yourself.

In the 90's we'd go to Pitsburgh and get our asses handed to us... then we'd rematch in the playoffs and return the favor. What was the difference? Scoring enough to dictate the opponents play selection.

Our last SB vs Cowboys... Bills were driving to that very score that would have allowed our D to dominate. But Thurman put the ball on the turf and the boys scored instead... The rest is history.

ddaryl
11-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Our D is a sieve, and the only cure is a huge upgrade at the DE position and the OLB positon occupied by Ellison

a scheme/DC change would be good too, but that's next years agenda

The King
11-25-2008, 11:37 AM
They need to start the way they did last week, with ease, let Edwards go 6-8 or so then open up.

ddaryl
11-25-2008, 11:52 AM
They need to start the way they did last week, with ease, let Edwards go 6-8 or so then open up.

Depends on how the 49ers D approaches us... if they stack the box then we need to back them on their heals. If they play deep then let Trent dink and dunk'em..

if they try to blitz us have the screen ready to go

zone
11-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Let's face it our D is not going to carry us. No ability to get to the QB by our D-line leaves to much pressure on our secondary. Combine this with our total inability to stop the run when needed leaves us completely vulnerable.

The offense is the strength of this team, believe it or not. Keeping the D off the field while generating points is the only way to win coming down the stretch.

I said that Josh Reed was going to be HUGE loss and he was. If we can keep him and Brad Butler on the field than I think the offense could build enough momentum to carry us through.

If the Bills pussy foot there way through the next 5 weeks it'll be over quickly.
We should be sending Mitchell at least 1 time every set of downs up the middle, every time we do something good happens. That is our best form of rushing the passer, along with when Stroud is standing before the snap instead of in his 3 point stance, that seems to work so why don't we do it more?

billsfanone
11-25-2008, 01:20 PM
It helps the O when the d gets turnovers like they did last week. I'm not sold on the opinion of the o carrying the d.

HAMMER
11-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Your best post to date HH, I agree whole heartedly. Watching KC march up and down the field was brutal.

thenry20
11-25-2008, 02:37 PM

If you had listened to TE postgame comments, you would've learned the reason he did so well against the Chefs was because Turk dumb-down the playbook this week.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Foot on the gas, all the time.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2008, 03:22 PM
It helps the O when the d gets turnovers like they did last week. I'm not sold on the opinion of the o carrying the d.

Last 5 weeks our 3 AFC East opponants are averaging:

Jets: 34 points a game
Pats: 28 points a game
Fins: 24 points a game

If we aren't scoring at least 4 TDs per game against these guys we are done.

billsfanone
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Last 5 weeks our 3 AFC East opponants are averaging:

Jets: 34 points a game
Pats: 28 points a game
Fins: 24 points a game

If we aren't scoring at least 4 TDs per game against these guys we are done.

Maybe it's because the Bills O was turning over the ball and the Bills O wasn't sustaining any drives.

HAMMER
11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
We will have a very hard time scoring four TD's on offense against the Jets. Better hope for a defensive and ST TD.