• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

last two years stat - ouchers

I learned via Allen Wilson that in the last two years the Bills have beaten only ONE team with a winning record.

That team? The Washington Redskins last year, who also happened to be mourning the loss of Sean Taylor the entire week leading up to the game.

I"m sorry . But the more I ponder that stat, that tells me that a lot falls on our coaches.

put it this way. does ANYBODY think this year's team would only be 6-5 if we had Cowher, Bellicheck or a any top notch coach?

Regardless, that's a pretty pathetic stat

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: last two years stat - ouchers

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I learned via Allen Wilson that in the last two years the Bills have beaten only ONE team with a winning record.

That team? The Washington Redskins last year, who also happened to be mourning the loss of Sean Taylor the entire week leading up to the game.

I"m sorry . But the more I ponder that stat, that tells me that a lot falls on our coaches.

put it this way. does ANYBODY think this year's team would only be 6-5 if we had Cowher, Bellicheck or a any top notch coach?

I've done some research on the QB's last week and I'd like to note that Washington didn't have a winning record at the time of that game. So I guess it's all in how you classify a team with a winning record. I guess the Baltimore game earlier last season cancels it out though.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

we've never had a D in the top 1/2 of the stats sheet nor have we had a O in the top half....

of course we are really just starting to assemble players, get them experience and build around them, but we are still 3 or 4 players short of turning this page.

We need a Stud DE and major upgrade at Ellisons OLB and more upgrades on the OL...

a change in D scheme is also a need IMO, but upgraded players might fix that need... still their must be a reason why most of the NFL avoids the 4-3 and uses a 3-4

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

did you just say "ouchers"

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

That all could change with victories against Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Patriots to close out the 2008 regular season.

But then again...

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

First off, Allen Wilson is a negative *****, thats just the facts.

Secondly, did you actually use the term, "ouchers"? cough cough, cough

Thirdly, I honestly think Cowher would have given us only 1, maybe 2 more wins. Yes, thats a huge difference right now, but I dont think coaching is as bad as some do. Nor do I think it would make such a huge differenence.

Having only 1 star player is the difference, just MO.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I've done some research on the QB's last week and I'd like to note that Washington didn't have a winning record at the time of that game. So I guess it's all in how you classify a team with a winning record.
              The larger the sample, the more accurate a record should be.

For example, if someone did a similar study of the 2008 Cardinals using only opponents' records at the time, that will show they played the 4-0 Bills.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Well, Wilson did say it during a live chat session, so I"m sure you're more liable to screw up there.

EdwardsEra. I say 1-2 games with better coaching (the Browns game for CERTAIN and probably at least 1 between the Jets and Miami). But even just that ONE game puts the whole playoff race into a different perspective, doesnt it?

I think Jauron being the head coach of a football team costs his team 2 wins per year, because every year there is always 2 games we would've won if Jauron doesnt coach scared.

Thurm.. I did say OUCHERS, on purpose too.

dayman!!!!!!!!!!! AhhhAHHHHHHHHHH

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                  The larger the sample, the more accurate a record should be.

For example, if someone did a similar study of the 2008 Cardinals using only opponents' records at the time, that will show they played the 4-0 Bills.
                  It can go either way. If you want to use the end of the regular season record then the Redskins were the only winning team.

If you want to use current record, the Ravens were the only winning team.

Either way there was only one winning team.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                    • Sep 2004

Well, Wilson did say it during a live chat session, so I"m sure you're more liable to screw up there.

EdwardsEra. I say 1-2 games with better coaching (the Browns game for CERTAIN and probably at least 1 between the Jets and Miami). But even just that ONE game puts the whole playoff race into a different perspective, doesnt it?

I think Jauron being the head coach of a football team costs his team 2 wins per year, because every year there is always 2 games we would've won if Jauron doesnt coach scared.

Thurm.. I did say OUCHERS, on purpose too.

dayman!!!!!!!!!!! AhhhAHHHHHHHHHH
                    You're exactly right. In most seasons just one game can make the difference between making the playoffs and going golfing. Every season it seems like the Bills are just one or two games off.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                    X