PDA

View Full Version : We got a spot on Practice Squad why haven't we Signed anyone.....

bigbub2352
11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
We have not addressed the opening on our Practice Squad, not a big deal i just dont understand why we take so long to address openings on getting some potential players in here

We pluck players off our PS with a regularity we should address the spot as soon as it opens up

Dustin Fox
Jason Peters
Justin Jenkins
Jon Corto
Marcus Buggs
Derek Schouman
George Wilson
are all players on the roster or IR that spent time on the PS

Jan Reimers
11-25-2008, 01:03 PM
I haven't really understood the Practice Squad all season. We always seem to be a player or two short. Right now, we show 7 on the PS, including Chris Denman, who was cut a while ago. Even if he has been added back, we're still short one body.

bigbub2352
11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I haven't really understood the Practice Squad all season. We always seem to be a player or two short. Right now, we show 7 on the PS, including Chris Denman, who was cut a while ago. Even if he has been added back, we're still short one body.

I think the Practice Squad is that much more important since the loss of NFL Europe, we need to be looking for diamonds in the ruff at all times, and like i said before you never know Peters argueably is one of the best LTs in the game and he came from our PS

I think adding another CB, and maybe anothe interior OLine or DE would be a smart move especially if there is 2 spots, maybe both go to Oline and Dline, or maybe another LBer since Buggs went down

That only leaves us with Lehman backing up 3 spots, then the very undersized Corto and unexperianced Costanzo and thats it

bigbub2352
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone have a list of available prospects we mite be looking at? Draft Boy?

DraftBoy
11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
DD.com has our practice squad at;
DB Dustin Fox
RB Bruce Hall
WR C.J. Hawthorne
WR Felton Huggins
DE Corey Mace
OL Brandon Rodd
DE Marcus Smith
TE Jonathan Stupar

bigbub2352
11-25-2008, 02:09 PM
DD.com has our practice squad at;
DB Dustin Fox
RB Bruce Hall
WR C.J. Hawthorne
WR Felton Huggins
DE Corey Mace
OL Brandon Rodd
DE Marcus Smith
TE Jonathan Stupar

Dustin Fox is on the active roster, he played on Sunday
so we got one spot i think we need to add a LBer

DraftBoy
11-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd like to add a QB.

bigbub2352
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I'd like to add a QB.

technically matt baker is on our PS cause he got put on IR for no reason

I wonder if he is here to be the 3rd QB when JP leaves and Hamden will be 2

Griz78
11-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Mike Jefferson - WR

bigbub2352
11-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I just seen that we signed Mike Jefferson to the PS, this move is dumb we have 3 WRs on the practice squad, and we have no depth at LBer
Chris Brown agrees with this FO makes no sense at all
Practice squad add likely a ‘look see’ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/26/practice-squad-add-likely-a-look-see/)

By Chris Brown - Posted November 26th, 2008
The addition of WR Mike Jefferson to the practice squad (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/bills-add-receiver-to-practice-squad/8dd7f920-cba0-48f4-bf3b-b7d2c877cf85) Wednesday was puzzling on the surface. Adding Jefferson means that more than a third of the eight-man units consists of receivers (37.5%).
It also means all but one of the practice squad roster spots is occupied by offensive players.
It’s not like there’s anything wrong with that, but typically practice squads are a bit more balanced. Of course Buffalo has had to draw from the defensive side of their practice squad more this season with the injuries at LB and DB.
I believe the addition of Mike Jefferson is simply to allow the Bills to take a look at him for a few weeks and see what he has to offer.
I know the organization likes Felton Huggins and C.J. Hawthorne, so unless Jefferson is remarkable in practice, I still see those guys as the most likely callups if there is a rash of injuries at the receiver position.

justasportsfan
11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't get this, we have Parrish and Hardy who are underachieving and Steve Johnson who has a lot of promise and now we're adding another wr.? I know he's just practice squad but how many wr's do you need to rotate even if it's just practice squad especially when you have our TE's who need more balls thrown to them.

DraftBoy
11-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Former Cowboys PS player last year.

Love the crack job that CB did here on reporting stuff on Jefferson... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jefferson_(American_football)

6'1, 206 former Arizona Recruit, transferred to FCS Montana State and flourished. Nothing real special but not a bad pickup either.

bigbub2352
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Former Cowboys PS player last year.

Love the crack job that CB did here on reporting stuff on Jefferson... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jefferson_(American_football)

6'1, 206 former Arizona Recruit, transferred to FCS Montana State and flourished. Nothing real special but not a bad pickup either.

I agre not a bad pickup, but maybe they should let go Felton or Cj tiny, and get a LBer on here i think it is hilarious i wrote on here LBer depth needed and Ellison is down and Lehman is down with a hamstring
that leaves Corto and Blake
Ellison's ass is hurting from getting constantly run over
Lehman is injury prone
this is our depth
there answer is Scott at LBer Geez....

madness
11-26-2008, 01:03 PM
there answer is Scott at LBer Geez....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=165907 :up: