PDA

View Full Version : As a Redskin, Arrington Feels Good About Future

Gunzlingr
05-05-2003, 08:28 AM
By Mark Maske
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 5, 2003; Page D01

As the Washington Redskins wrapped up a three-day minicamp, linebacker LaVar Arrington said he expects to work out a contract solution to remain with the team on a long-term basis and indicated he believes that new defensive coordinator George Edwards will utilize his talents better than any of the club's three previous defensive bosses did.

"I honestly believe that this is the first time a defensive coordinator really believes in my abilities," Arrington said. "The way Coach Edwards is going to use me in this scheme, I think people will get a chance to see what I'm really made of this year."

Redskins Coach Steve Spurrier pronounced himself satisfied with what he saw during the five practices at Redskins Park that concluded with a morning workout yesterday. Spurrier also said the team does not have room for four tailbacks on its roster, meaning that the club eventually will have to get rid of Trung Canidate, Chad Morton, Ladell Betts or Kenny Watson. Barring an injury, that could put Watson in jeopardy of being traded or released before the season.

MORE (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13629-2003May4.html)