PDA

View Full Version : Who had the biggest increase and biggest decline?

Mitchell55
11-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Biggest increase- I wouldve said Ashton Youboty but now he is injured so I would say...... Evans. He went from having his worse year last year to his best year this year and might make the probowl. Also Stroud and Preston.

Biggest increase- Peters- self ex

DBrown77
11-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Biggest increase- I wouldve said Ashton Youboty but now he is injured so I would say...... Evans. He went from having his worse year last year to his best year this year and might make the probowl. Also Stroud and Preston.

Biggest increase- Peters- self exyou start millions of threads, but at least you try to start decent discussions, not a bunch of negativity like others

Biggest Improvement - Scott

Biggest Goat - Royal, but at times could be our biggest improvement.

Mitchell55
11-25-2008, 07:39 PM
you start millions of threads, but at least you try to start decent discussions, not a bunch of negativity like others

Biggest Improvement - Scott

Biggest Goat - Royal, but at times could be our biggest improvement.

Im not sure if thats a insult or compliment but Ill take it as a compliment, but I was so close to putting Royal as Improvement just because he is having a career year.

DBrown77
11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Im not sure if thats a insult or compliment but Ill take it as a compliment, but I was so close to putting Royal as Improvement just because he is having a career year.this is a compliment, some of the threads are a little out there though

OpIv37
11-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Biggest decline- McCargo. He was showing some improvement at the end of last season. Now he doesn't even dress, and that's WITH Schobel out (I know- he's DT and Schobel is DE, but Bryan and Spencer Johnson rotate DT/DE, which means the team would rather have Chris Ellis at DE and Bryan or Johnson at DT than McCargo).

Biggest increase- I'm gonna go with the obvious: Edwards. He's had his lapses, but taking the season as a whole, he's 6-4 and has looked like a vet more than he's looked like a rookie.

BILLSROCK1212
11-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Increase: Reed
Decrease: Moorman

Just trying to be different.

theanswer74
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
I couldnt think of anyone who is playing much better than last year, so I will go from the start of the season until now.

Biggest increase - Jason Peters, I guess we have to face the facts, the guy is a stud. Has been playing amazing football of late.

Biggest Decrease - Chris Kelsay, he started the year well, and then just fell off completely. I dont want to give him an excuse, but he has to be injured. He isnt even a high motor guy anymore.

CuseJetsFan83
11-26-2008, 08:25 AM
biggest increase since the season began - mckelvin - and this is mainly because he is playing for some injured players and well..... 2 int's albeit against a horrible offense, is still pretty good for a rook. my only fear is returners rarely should be used as a main defender/receiver because should they get injured that is 2 holes you'd have to plug.

biggest decrease since the season began - the special teams (FG/KO and P coverage) moorman isn't exactly having his typical pro-bowl calibre year, and it's painfully clear that the special teams coverage squads are allowing way too much in terms of yardage. their only saving grace is how well mcKelvin and to an extent roscoe have been at returning.

DraftBoy
11-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Increase-Peters
Decrease-Edwards

The King
11-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Id have to Reed has impressed me the most. He has become a part of this offense that we apparently can't live without.

Why the love for Peters? It took weeks for this guy to resemble a shadow of his former self. And now he seems to be getting bagged with penalties at the worst times. His head doesn't seem in it to me.

DraftBoy
11-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Id have to Reed has impressed me the most. He has become a part of this offense that we apparently can't live without.

Why the love for Peters? It took weeks for this guy to resemble a shadow of his former self. And now he seems to be getting bagged with penalties at the worst times. His head doesn't seem in it to me.

Ummm...No it took weeks for the fans to give the guy credit for the play he was giving despite not having any TC time. The guy has been playing pretty well all season and the past few weeks have been at an al-pro level but it takes time to get into game shape. He didnt look bad as often as people said he did. They were ragging on him because he held out more than anything else.

Pinkerton Security
11-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Biggest increase - early on I would have said Kyle Williams, but his play hasnt been as strong of late. So I go with Edwards. Much improve on last year. Has had inconsistency, but his numbers, along with his poise, are much better.

Biggest Decrease - I like Op's McCargo, I thought he had a lot of potential this year coming off a season in which he improved steadily and showed flashes of his ability. I'll be different however and go with Mitchell. I know, hes had some good games, but for the amount of hype he has, he is not better than Poz and not even that much better than Ellison IMO, excluding the SD game.

madness
11-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Ummm...No it took weeks for the fans to give the guy credit for the play he was giving despite not having any TC time. The guy has been playing pretty well all season and the past few weeks have been at an al-pro level but it takes time to get into game shape. He didnt look bad as often as people said he did. They were ragging on him because he held out more than anything else.

The guy has been solid as of late but he still has been giving up costly penalties in critical situations in almost every game. If it wasn't for some amazing plays by Trent we'd never would have had that TD at the end of the half.

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 01:20 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 47 </TD><TD class=downText>(1:20) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass deep right to 82-J.Reed pushed ob at KC 33 for 20 yards (49-B.Pollard). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-KC 33 </TD><TD class=downText>(1:10) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 84-R.Royal to KC 22 for 11 yards (49-B.Pollard, 24-B.Flowers). PENALTY on BUF-71-J.Peters, Illegal Use of Hands, 10 yards, enforced at KC 33 - No Play. </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-20-KC 43 </TD><TD class=downText>(1:02) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass deep middle to 84-R.Royal to KC 18 for 25 yards (49-B.Pollard). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-KC 18 </TD><TD class=downText>(1:02) 5-T.Edwards spiked the ball to stop the clock. </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>2-10-KC 18 </TD><TD class=downText>(:46) 5-T.Edwards pass short middle to 84-R.Royal to KC 10 for 8 yards (56-D.Johnson). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>3-2-KC 10 </TD><TD class=downText>(:26) (Pass formation) PENALTY on BUF-71-J.Peters, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at KC 10 - No Play. Penalty resulted also in 10 second runoff. </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>3-7-KC 15 </TD><TD class=downText>(:26) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards left end for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

acehole
11-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Biggest increase- Peters- self ex

Both Titles go to Trent for me.
The first few games I thought
to myself we have a team and
a qb here. He looked good and
in command. Then he fell apart.
With time I hope he gains more
consistancy...I think this team
goes as he goes.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2008, 01:38 PM
If by "increase," you mean improvement, I'd pick Josh Reed and Fred Jackson on offense, and Bryan Scott on defense.

The guys who seem to have regressed are Brad Butler on offense and Ko Simpson on defense.

PECKERWOOD
11-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Increase: Leodis McKelvin
Decrease: Ko Simpson

OpIv37
11-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Increase: Leodis McKelvin
Decrease: Ko Simpson

Good call on Ko.

gr8slayer
11-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Increase - I don't think there's any doubt that it's Edwards, he's playing the most important position in sports and although his level of play is no where near what it needs to be for the team to be a true contender he's shown vast improvement over last year and has given the team some glimpse of hope for the future.

Decrease - For the second year in a row Schobel has gone down hill after a huge 2006. I understand that injuries are unavoidable but even before that he just didn't look like the same player that he did only two seasons ago. I like the guy and hope that he can turn it around this year or the next, but it's not looking like it's going to change any time soon. It's sad too because for years he's been one of the most reliable players, he's been that rock on the defense that every team needs to succeed. Only time will tell.......