PDA

View Full Version : Scott getting linebacker reps

madness
11-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Scott getting linebacker reps (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/26/scott-getting-linebacker-reps/)

By Chris Brown - Posted November 26th, 2008
It’s not the first time that safety Bryan Scott has been getting linebacker reps in practice, but this week the chances of seeing Scott lined up at linebacker might be much more realistic if Keith Ellison’s absence is injury related.
Ellison was absent at practice Wednesday, with details expected to be provided later in the afternoon.
Teddy Lehman would be the first linebacker off the bench in such a situation, but he suffered a hamstring injury last Sunday and is not practicing. So Scott is the temporary starter replacing Ellison.
The trickle down effect will put George Wilson again as the starter at strong safety.
Once there is word on Ellison’s situation we will better know the likelihood of Scott being at linebacker for Sunday’s game.

madness
11-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Ellison absent, Greer, Royal watching practice (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/26/ellison-absent-greer-royal-watching-practice/)

By Chris Brown - Posted November 26th, 2008
Keith Ellison was not in attendance at practice Wednesday. We’ll get an update from head coach Dick Jauron in his afternoon press conference.
Still not practicing are Jabari Greer and Aaron Schobel.
Donte Whitner did individual position work in practice, but did not appear to participating in team work.
Also not practicing was Teddy Lehman, Copeland Bryan and Robert Royal.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
We've had a tough time keeping our LBs healthy, with Crowell, Bowen and Buggs already on IR, and now Ellison and Lehman missing practice. Corto and Costanzo are more Special Teams guys, and we don't have anyone to bring up from the PS.

The LB situation is really getting critical.

THATHURMANATOR
11-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Well at least it is Ellison He stinks anyways

Mitchell55
11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I would rather Lehman. We then have 2 poz and a little Joey Porter.

Slim
11-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Not one update on Schobel yet this week.

THATHURMANATOR
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Whats up with Whitner ?

madness
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Not one update on Schobel yet this week.

Still not practicing are Jabari Greer and Aaron Schobel.

madness
11-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Whats up with Whitner ?

Donte Whitner did individual position work in practice, but did not appear to participating in team work.

You can probably scratch him for this week.

DraftBoy
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
If Scott is at LB this year, look for SF and Gore to power run the ball to his side all day.

Marvelous
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I didn't know who the heck Scott was this offseason.. But my stance now is he MUST be on the field more.. Actualy i prefer him over Geroge wilson but i like Wilson bette rthen Ko Simpson so Scott @ LB soundsw good to me.. He can tackle RB's just fine...

bigbub2352
11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
We've had a tough time keeping our LBs healthy, with Crowell, Bowen and Buggs already on IR, and now Ellison and Lehman missing practice. Corto and Costanzo are more Special Teams guys, and we don't have anyone to bring up from the PS.

The LB situation is really getting critical.

We touched on this in the thread i wrote about the PS squad
What is our FO doing, this is very weird, im sorry anyone else comfortable with the LBer situation
We got 5 safties on the roster and really 6 since Corto is 200lbs
We got 6 WRs on the roster but Justin Jenkins has done nothing to warrant a ST rating or a roster spot this year
We got schobel who hasnt practiced or played in over 2months but dont put him on IR
FO makes no sense at all

Saratoga Slim
11-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Not to kick the ol' hornets nest again, but I betcha Crowell could be back on the field now if he wasn't on IR.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
We touched on this in the thread i wrote about the PS squad
What is our FO doing, this is very weird, im sorry anyone else comfortable with the LBer situation
We got 5 safties on the roster and really 6 since Corto is 200lbs
We got 6 WRs on the roster but Justin Jenkins has done nothing to warrant a ST rating or a roster spot this year
We got schobel who hasnt practiced or played in over 2months but dont put him on IR
FO makes no sense at all
I agree. The FO has undervalued, and mishandled, the LB position all year.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Maybe they cut Ellison. :pray:

billsfanone
11-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Can't DiGeorgio step in?

THATHURMANATOR
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Digi was put on IR weeks ago Matthew

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Can't DiGeorgio step in?

He's on IR, isn't he?

patmoran2006
11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Not to kick the ol' hornets nest again, but I betcha Crowell could be back on the field now if he wasn't on IR.
I think about it everytime I see Ellison get pancaked since week 6-7.

Oaf
11-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Wilson is a weakness at S IMO unless Whitner is there to take primary responsibilities.

yordad
11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe they cut Ellison. :pray:Why would you want them to cut an underpaid starter? If someone is better, you make him the back up.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Why would you want them to cut an underpaid starter? If someone is better, you make him the back up.
Agreed. Ellison is a decent backup.

yordad
11-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Agreed. Ellison is a decent backup.Yeah. And, as undersized as Scott is, he is only about 10 pounds ligher then Ellison. He might more then make up for that being considerably faster, and being way better at dropping back (and us playing a cover 2). Heck, he could surprise us at LB. He was a pleasant surprise at safety.

Scott is proving to be fairly valuable.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah. And, as undersized as Scott is, he is only about 10 pounds ligher then Ellison. He might more then make up for that being considerably faster, and being way better at dropping back (and us playing a cover 2). Heck, he could surprise us at LB. He was a pleasant surprise at safety.

Scott is proving to be fairly valuable.
Yeah, he's been one of our very pleasant surprises. He's a solid and versatile player.